Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane tanks - 5 gallon - recomended sources?

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 15:24:49 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Terry Coombs on Sat, 18 Nov 2017 11:38:12 -0600
typed in misc.survivalism the following:
On 11/18/2017 10:42 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Decided I need a new/second tank - standard five gallon one each.

Any comments, recommendations on where is a good source. There is
the Blue Rhino stand at Safeway, but what is consensus?
--
pyotr filipivich.
Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote

* Craigslist , local want ads , or try the local propane dealer . If
you do buy from one of those refill swap outfits , be sure it's one that
other suppliers can refill . Some of those places use a proprietary
valve that only they can fill - or so I've heard/been told . What I did
was find old non-OPD tanks for nothing or next to it and swap them in
for a newer one . Then refill at the local propane dealer .

I've been refilling at various propane dealers.

How many would you like, Iwould like to clean out the back shed, come
pick up a half dozen for free.
Out of date tanks I usta pay fifty cents at yard sales unless they
seemed to be full in which case I might go five bucks. Drive around
the neighbour hood garbage night and you should get a couple.
Refillers have smartened up and no longer stamp a new date so you
can't get it re-filled at your local supplier and suppliers are
reluctant to sell an uncertified tank enen though it is empty.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerry on Sat, 18 Nov 2017 19:13:57 -0500
wrote:

[...]

I'm in the upper left corner of the country, not far from the
Canadian border.
Road trips ain't what they used to be.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You're probably closer to the north pole than I am, but a little
beyond a day trip to the left of London ON
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerry on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 22:54:43 -0500

wrote:

[...]

Hmmm - maybe we can add it to the pilgrimage to Cooper Lake and SW
Virginia. "From here it is not all that much farther."
--
pyotr filipivich