Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Open Wheel

On 15-Sep-17 4:25 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
So, those of you who run a wire wheel on a bench grinder.Â* Do you take
the covers off that side, or do you just spacer the wheel as best you
can and listen to the stray wires scrape the inside of the cover?

I've actually never had a wire wheel mounted on a bench grinder.Â* I
hated to give up either my fine wheel or my coarse wheel for a brush.
Now that I have two bench grinders I want to run wire wheels on one of
them.

My dad always had a wire wheel on one side of his grinder, but that was
so many years ago that I used his that I don't recall how he had it setup.

Covers off , youll understand why when the wheel grabs the part out
of your hand.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 22:25:53 +0930, Bluey69
wrote:

On 15-Sep-17 4:25 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
So, those of you who run a wire wheel on a bench grinder.* Do you take
the covers off that side, or do you just spacer the wheel as best you
can and listen to the stray wires scrape the inside of the cover?

I've actually never had a wire wheel mounted on a bench grinder.* I
hated to give up either my fine wheel or my coarse wheel for a brush.
Now that I have two bench grinders I want to run wire wheels on one of
them.

My dad always had a wire wheel on one side of his grinder, but that was
so many years ago that I used his that I don't recall how he had it setup.

Covers off , youll understand why when the wheel grabs the part out
of your hand.

---
http://www.avg.com

Ayup!!