Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WALSH: The United States Of America No Longer Exists

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 08:11:43 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 00:40:06 -0700
typed in alt.survival the following:

WALSH: The United States Of America No Longer Exists

ByMatt Walsh

October 18, 2017
72.4k views

I posed a challenge on Twitter not long ago. It was this: Name one
fundamental ideal shared by all or most Americans. Over 200 people
attempted to come up with one. Sadly, none of the answers were
convincing.

Seven Liberal Pieties That Only the Right Still Believes:

The Right to Offend
The Value of a Liberal Education
Government Should Stay Out of the Bedroom
Live and Let Live
Support for Israel
Support for Human Rights
The Dignity of the Working Man

The irony is that the “liberals” of my youth won this culture war —
then switched sides (or at least yielded the field to the Left)! It is
almost enough to undermine the libertarian trope that the left and the
right are equally objectionable, just in different ways.

tschus
pyotr

Where did you get that list? I would have said the opposite about
"liberal education," "government out of the bedroom," and "support for
human rights."

As for Israel, that one has flipped since Israel showed it can win
wars. The right is on their side now but they certainly were not
before '67 and '73.

Liberal eduction: The right resists the required teaching of the
humanities and the classics. They want to replace them with STEM.

Government out of the bedroom: Since Griswold v. Connecticut, the
right has found new tacks to intrude, primarily by trying to reinstate
sodomy laws since Lawrence v. Texas.

Support for human rights: From white supremacists to state legislators
complaining that women are "whiners" for pushing equal-pay laws, the
right's approach to human rights is "rights for me, but not for
three."

Your list is bogus.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 00:40:06 -0700
typed in alt.survival the following:

WALSH: The United States Of America No Longer Exists

ByMatt Walsh

October 18, 2017
72.4k views

I posed a challenge on Twitter not long ago. It was this: Name one
fundamental ideal shared by all or most Americans. Over 200 people
attempted to come up with one. Sadly, none of the answers were
convincing.

Seven Liberal Pieties That Only the Right Still Believes:

The Right to Offend
The Value of a Liberal Education
Government Should Stay Out of the Bedroom
Live and Let Live
Support for Israel
Support for Human Rights
The Dignity of the Working Man

The irony is that the €śliberals€ť of my youth won this culture war €”
then switched sides (or at least yielded the field to the Left)! It is
almost enough to undermine the libertarian trope that the left and the
right are equally objectionable, just in different ways.

tschus
pyotr

Where did you get that list? I would have said the opposite about
"liberal education," "government out of the bedroom," and "support for
human rights."

As for Israel, that one has flipped since Israel showed it can win
wars. The right is on their side now but they certainly were not
before '67 and '73.

Liberal eduction: The right resists the required teaching of the
humanities and the classics. They want to replace them with STEM.

The left opposes the teaching of the humanities and the classics as
well, because the canons for both are based on the works of dead white
European males. The left want to replace them with ecotopianism and
proggie identity politics.

Government out of the bedroom: Since Griswold v. Connecticut, the
right has found new tacks to intrude, primarily by trying to reinstate
sodomy laws since Lawrence v. Texas.

Support for human rights: From white supremacists to state legislators
complaining that women are "whiners" for pushing equal-pay laws, the
right's approach to human rights is "rights for me, but not for
three."

Neither left nor right really believe in rights.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That appears to be a lot of media hype. I just looked at the
graduation requirements for Washington & Lee and Princeton Univ., and
they involve the same dead white males as the comparable requirements
I faced at Mich. State 50 years ago.