Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Slitting saw usage ?

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 20:57:23 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 17:48:46 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:03:29 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
om...
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:26:41 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message

Do you have a lightning arrestor at your breaker box?

I haven't changed the house wiring, but I unplug a lot of things
when
I hear distant thunder or radar shows an approaching storm
front.
We
rarely get isolated pop-up thunderstorms.

OK.

Lightning hit the pole in front of the house once, scaring the
$#!+
out of the neighbor working near it. The only damage was to the
old
carbon arrestor in the phone network interface box. The electric
meter
and its box and drop are fairly new so I assume they are up to
spec.

You assume with the people who gave us the Home Irradiator
electronic
meters and Time of Use fees? Um, OK. Not so much, here.

They can read it from the street but it isn't a networked Smart
Meter.
https://www.altestore.com/static/dat...ta%20Sheet.pdf

After I returned from a CA trip to see family last March, I found
that
I wasn't sleeping normally. A couple days later, when I turned
on
the faucet for the front watering, I noticed a brand new natural
gas
regulator and electronic meter on the side of my house. After
learning that it had a city-wide range, I built an L-shaped frame
and
tacked metal screen over it, then fastened it to the meter piping
and
brounded it to the gas pipe ground wire. It shields the house
from
the meter. Normal sleep resumed that night. Until then, I had
been
unsure of the concern over electric meter safety, but the shielded
gas
meter (much less powerful than the electronic meters from the
electric
utility companies) proved to me that they can and do affect human
bodies in an unhealthy manner.

What cued me that something was hinky with the meter/reg
replacement
is that the girl told me that the batteries in the meters were due
for
replacement, yet the company spent (hundreds?) considerably more
money
on a new meter, new regulator, new valve, plus several hours labor
rather than changing the battery.

Single point grounds don't help much at cellular and WiFi
frequencies.
Even a gap in a large conductive surface, such as a warped cabinet
door, can pass radiation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slot_antenna

Would that slot antenna work with metal screen over the slot strip,
or
in place of the slot strip?

What can I say? It worked.

https://www.lessemf.com/smart.html This led me to it.

When I had a nice HP vector network analyzer to test my concoctions
sometimes they worked as planned and sometimes I learned another
strange quirk of radio propagation. For instance a screen set up to
block radio signals may unintentionally become an antenna to transmit
them:

Yeah, I read a lot about reflection and focus on the EMF boards
smart meters a couple years back.

http://www.ss-pub.org/wp-content/upl...0140906-02.pdf

Hoooee, Pa. Dass all in Greek.

I tried a little bug finder and it showed signal at the meter but not
behind the screen, so it seems to work. (Not a pro model.)
http://tinyurl.com/yaserhjs

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 17:48:46 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
m...
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:03:29 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message
news:q5vgsch09pvflbcs2vr4liib8ucj8dfe2p@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

Yes, measuring it is the right idea. I've been involved in FCC Class B
compliance testing. We did what we thought was right but the only
proof was field strength measurement. It was a lot like fixing leaky
plumbing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_47_CFR_Part_15

-jsw