Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default When The Grid Goes Down: 15 Tips to Get Home Safely Following anEMP Attack

On Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 4:50:36 PM UTC-4, Winston Smith wrote:
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:44:25 -0500, Red Prepper wrote:

Winston, like you said, you are older than dirt. So that means you
remember what happened to the misc.survivalism group when you left
the trolls take over.

I remember when politics took over. Back when dragon-drop was
something you tried not to step in, survivalists distrusted the
government - left, right, and middle. Now almost all are team players,
mostly red team, occasionally blue team. Hell, the left is gunning up
because they don't like Trump. The right gunned up for fear Hillary
would be elected. Not a dime's worth of difference.

Note most of what you call Ed's cross posts were replies to Ray's
posts. Ray is the initiating cross poster and virtually everything he
posts is politics. My team good - your team bad.

Unlike the **** in a Dress who likes to troll and cross-posting, my
posts are either trying to get rid of the trolls or on-topic.

The old advice is to ignore trolls. Ed makes one post saying something
you don't like. Either ignore him or reply on facts. This eternal
****ing contest makes you at least as big a troll as he might be.

Calling him a name or ascribing sexual preferences is NOT facts
addressed to the thread subject. Frankly I don't give a flying f***
what he wears around the house. Hell, J. Edgar like to dress up from
time to time and I bet you put him in the good guys list.

You don't have to take my word for it, just go to RCM and filter the
last few dozen of Ed's posts. Count the ones that are metalworking
related if you can find any.

Ed is a political animal. So is Ray. Generally Ray starts it, Ed
replies, you guys turn it into an epic marathon.

Nuff said from my side of the house.

He claims to only post from RCM, but we've seen our share of posts
from him here that don't even include RCM.

Our group is just one that he cross posts to.Go see the other groups
he spams to in RCM besides our group.
Luckily he's pretty stupid so once I set the hook I end up trimming
our group out of the threads. It takes time but compare the.low
amount of spam in our group to the number of other groups he spams
to.

Ed is just another in the long line of trolls we've seen originating
from RCM. Want to go through the list? Think TMT, Curls, and the
Douchebag as prime examples.The list is long with one thing in
common... RCM as the breeding ground. We've rid ourselves of the
others, we'll rid ourselves of the **** in a Dress too.

Thank you. Very little chance that what you said will make a difference, but thanks for saying it.