Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How do I properly use an electrical demagnitizer?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:08:55 -0700, Nashville Cats wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 21:03:48 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

It's too bad. I was here before the cross posting started. There was
lots of discussion about amateur metalworking.

First, it was Gunner, around 15 years ago. He cross posted to
misc.survivalism and the nutbags started to crawl in. Then he added a
couple more NGs.

Then Cliff (now deceased) picked up the mantle and made it worse. A
couple of cranks from other NGs started cross-posting to *here*, but
that seems to have died down.

Now it's mostly Kopypasta Keller, the dirtbag for all seasons and a
moral cretin. He takes a dump on four or five NGs at a time, usually
calculated for maximum cross provocation.

As someone once said, I'd never wish anyone dead, but there are
certain obituaries that it would give me great pleasure to read.

It boils down to the unmoderated nature of Usenet. For on-topic stuff
I use groups like the one I linked to in my email. Advantages there,
and at most all such groups, are categorization, popular threads
pinned, FAQs, and built-in searching by category and author. Here's
another I've been reading. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/ I could
spend days if I had time, without ever having to wade through gun
crap, BS artists, etc.

That's a pretty good one. I read through some of the posts from time
to time. If I had time to do more machining (all I do now is make some
repair parts and bushings), or if I could improve my welding skills,
I'd spend more time there. Then again, my fly casting needs more work
than my welding. It's hard to believe I've been fly casting for 62
years. I ought to be a lot better. d8-)

My suggestion for a more appropriate name for
RCM: DSSBPL (Disgruntled SS Beneficiaries Pretending to be
Libertarians)

Very good! g We don't even have a good class of trolls crawling in
here anymore. Most of them are losers suffering from arrested
development.

Anyway, the degeneration of Usenet is nearly complete, IMO. It had its
day. Now it's like a eutrophied pond; the runoff and sewage have
sucked up the oxygen.

Ah, well, it's still good for a few interesting conversations.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/18/2017 10:48 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
We don't even have a good class of trolls crawling in
here anymore.

Yes, you and your shadow are substandard, ****dress.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 09:07:19 -0700, Nashville Cats wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:15:17 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:39:18 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:12:01 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

Oh, they're not mythical.

--
Ed Huntress

You I believe. But you can't blame me for being skepical of posts from someone that uses a pseudo name, claims to have posted stuff months ago while google only turns up very recent posts by his current nym. Also who posts a lot on RCM that is not metal related and will not post thing that are on topic.

Dan

There's a lot of stress around these days, Dan -- fallout from the
tribalization of culture and a spreading infestation of situational
ethics.

It's too bad in many ways. For example, Whoyakidding has some primo
metalworking and building experience. It could be fun. If Gunner
hadn't threatened him with death, that is.

Dan is so busy complaining about serious stuff like nyms that he can't
spare any outrage about minor things like death threats.

I finally had a chance to look over your projects. I have to think
hard about riding a really fast motorcycle with a slick cell phone
holder that includes a stylus for switching sceens. d8-)

Anyway, nice projects. Your bike must be half customized by now, but
anyone who doesn't know the model couldn't tell that those aren't
factory features. You even matched the finishes. Very slickly
integrated.

About the video: Chasing a dangerous driver driving a stolen car while
riding a motorcycle is slightly lower on my bucket list than using the
cell phone stylus at 70 per.

That would creep me out. Good catch, though.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 08:09:03 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

I finally had a chance to look over your projects. I have to think
hard about riding a really fast motorcycle with a slick cell phone
holder that includes a stylus for switching sceens. d8-)

That one was somebody's 3D printed effort. Mine's TIG welded aluminum,
no stylus needed because I sewed a few stitches of copper wire strand
into the fingertip of my glove. I only use that as a backup though.
Mostly voice commands through a bluetooth headset.

Anyway, nice projects. Your bike must be half customized by now, but
anyone who doesn't know the model couldn't tell that those aren't
factory features. You even matched the finishes. Very slickly
integrated.

I stock up on paint when it's on sale. One can happened to be close in
color, but it was rust paint that took nearly a day to dry. One of Mr.
Impatient's fingerprints is now immortalized in that project.

About the video: Chasing a dangerous driver driving a stolen car while
riding a motorcycle is slightly lower on my bucket list than using the
cell phone stylus at 70 per.

That would creep me out. Good catch, though.

I only followed him because apparently, tweakers need 30 feet of road
width for a 7' car. He wasn't too much over the limit most of the
way, but he did hit about 100 once in a 55 mph zone. I let him make
some distance between us at that point because I knew he'd be coming
up on traffic. Cops were already on the way and most of them seem to
have moving radar. I wasn't sure if IDing a tweaking driver would save
me from a ticket.