Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Epoxies and silicones for electronics

I still get a lot of press releases for editors, and I think of the electronics guys here whenever I get one of them from MasterBond. They make a variety of potting materials, conductive materials, and so on -- advanced stuff with extremely low shrinkage, low coefficient of thermal expansion, etc.

If you're interested, here's their latest product release. There's a link to their homepage in there somewhe

https://www.masterbond.com/enews/pro...-and-more.html

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 21-Jun-17 12:23 AM, wrote:
I still get a lot of press releases for editors, and I think of the electronics guys here whenever I get one of them from MasterBond. They make a variety of potting materials, conductive materials, and so on -- advanced stuff with extremely low shrinkage, low coefficient of thermal expansion, etc.

If you're interested, here's their latest product release. There's a link to their homepage in there somewhe

https://www.masterbond.com/enews/pro...-and-more.html

Thank you, I will have a read.

I'm looking at this at the moment for potting some PCBs with surface
mount parts.

After looking at epoxies and urethanes I'm going to try a Silicone
called Ultrasil, luckily it comes in 1kg packs to try it out.

http://www.barnes.com.au/condensatio...-silicone-1632
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 1:58:09 AM UTC-4, Trumble wrote:
On 21-Jun-17 12:23 AM, wrote:
I still get a lot of press releases for editors, and I think of the electronics guys here whenever I get one of them from MasterBond. They make a variety of potting materials, conductive materials, and so on -- advanced stuff with extremely low shrinkage, low coefficient of thermal expansion, etc.

If you're interested, here's their latest product release. There's a link to their homepage in there somewhe

https://www.masterbond.com/enews/pro...-and-more.html

Thank you, I will have a read.

I'm looking at this at the moment for potting some PCBs with surface
mount parts.

After looking at epoxies and urethanes I'm going to try a Silicone
called Ultrasil, luckily it comes in 1kg packs to try it out.

http://www.barnes.com.au/condensatio...-silicone-1632

That may do the trick. I've seen it promoted for crafts work, but it's worth a try for potting.

--
Ed Huntress