Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walk-in tub

On 6/8/2017 8:34 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Find someone to plumb it now, before they get around to putting gas to
your house. When they plumbed for my new HVAC in 2002, the extra cost
to drop a line for a gas stove or water heater was $200. You might
save up to a grand by having a new HVAC installed now rather than
later. I opted for attic installation since the crawl space wasn't
optimal for it, but there was no ducting to replace since the place
had been electric baseboard heating + fireplace woodstove insert.
Anyway, the price can go up dramatically when installer demand goes
up. My Carrier Infinity 97% efficient gas heater was $6k installed
with me putting in the 240v drop to the outside for them and
installing my own attic light string. That included a 3T R12 system
from Payne for A/C. (Extra grand for Carrier + Puron system) This in a
1450sf house, including 2-car shop.

There's supposedly some deal from the gas company if you get some gas
appliance when the run the pipes to the house.

I have a heat pump and will replace with a gas furnace and a separate
whole house AC. A 2-1/2 ton unit will work. I see new units go for
less than $3k that will do the trick. I have 1790' to heat and cool but
since it was all electric the insulation is superb. After the dust
settles I'll get a gas water heater and maybe a gas toaster!

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 16:26:24 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/8/2017 10:14 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

Yeah, it's better spent writing about rolling coins and tub drain
times.

---
http://www.avg.com

I see you follow and read intently every word I write every day! It's
lovely that I live in your head rent free.

spacious accommodations as well!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/8/2017 10:16 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

You guys need to get serious and stop applying feeble consumer
solutions to what is apparently an industrial problem. Something like
this maybe.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-4-in-x...36NA/100211722

Although, my sense is that the real issue is old fart lack of
coordination. So you might want to use one of these modified for bath
use.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-Ro...1201/203907961

Actually, I like the tape idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 16:26:24 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/8/2017 10:14 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

Yeah, it's better spent writing about rolling coins and tub drain
times.

---
http://www.avg.com

I see you follow and read intently every word I write every day! It's
lovely that I live in your head rent free.

Isn't it a little tough for you to respond unless you're reading *my*
posts? So your feeble flame applies equally to you. You need a more
active hobby. Anything that increses blood flow should improve the
forethought and reduce the mysterious slipping.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 03:20:50 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/8/2017 10:16 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

You guys need to get serious and stop applying feeble consumer
solutions to what is apparently an industrial problem. Something like
this maybe.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-4-in-x...36NA/100211722

Although, my sense is that the real issue is old fart lack of
coordination. So you might want to use one of these modified for bath
use.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-Ro...1201/203907961

Actually, I like the tape idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

In your case, don't settle for anything finer than 80 grit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/9/2017 10:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Actually, I like the tape idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

_I_ thought you might like the bondage angle of the safety rope thing,
being a girl of adventure.

If you walk around barefoot all the time, the tape will work well. If
your feet are soft, the tape will eat 'em up in no time. Caveat
stepper.

---
http://www.avg.com

While looking at tape on Amazon I found a spray-on anti slip that I'm
going to try first. Being diabetic I have to take superb care of my
feet, I want no injuries!

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-3400-C...nti+slip+spray

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OBTW, who is this protagonist?

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 02:08:26 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

Being diabetic I have to take superb care of my
feet

Al Jardine, Brian Wilson and Gary Winfrey agree! Your new anthem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gkuwXTh-Jw

https://genius.com/The-beach-boys-ta...ur-feet-lyrics

You'll want to make sure your anti-slip is compatible with avocado
cream.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 2:08:31 AM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 6/9/2017 10:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Actually, I like the tape idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

_I_ thought you might like the bondage angle of the safety rope thing,
being a girl of adventure.

If you walk around barefoot all the time, the tape will work well. If
your feet are soft, the tape will eat 'em up in no time. Caveat
stepper.

---
http://www.avg.com

While looking at tape on Amazon I found a spray-on anti slip that I'm
going to try first. Being diabetic I have to take superb care of my
feet, I want no injuries!

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-3400-C...nti+slip+spray

What you really need is a series of whimsical duck stickers. https://youtu.be/0_Fpt9V1_dc?t=46
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/9/2017 9:57 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Spend the money for the most efficient furnace you can. They're up to
something like 98% capture of heat now. Just UFR. Plastic exhaust
flues producing tepid air; so odd. My AC is 2.5T (10 SEER). Enough
to get the job done at 109F (the hottest I've seen here) but slow to
get a hot house down to a cool one. Just about the time the warranty
ran out on the Payne condenser unit @10yrs, it died. I replaced the
bad start/run cap and was back in business for $15.

I thought the ultra-high efficient units were fragile? My unit now runs
with a booster cap after the pump locked up. Till I added the cap I had
to replace the start/run every year.

I insulated the floor when I had visqueen put down and the borate
treatment for termites. They also drilled into the wall cavities and
injected DE to kill any future bugs. I realized later that I should
have had them do the whole thing since the labor was paid by extra
barter money I still have. They're no longer taking barter, so that's
out now.

In Ohio, there is little chance of bugs...at least around here. However
packs of wild Miniature Schnauzers can attack with no warning.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:16:42 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

[...]

At the house I went with the variable speed 18 SEER unit. Electric
bill dropped a couple hundred. At the beach condo, I put in a normal
off-on unit. Those variable speed jobs have a hard time lasting 6 mo.
in that windblown salt spray environment. No condenser unit lasts
that long down there, although the new one has a composite housing and
tougher coils, so maybe better.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/9/2017 9:28 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 16:26:24 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/8/2017 10:14 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

Yeah, it's better spent writing about rolling coins and tub drain
times.

---
http://www.avg.com

I see you follow and read intently every word I write every day! It's
lovely that I live in your head rent free.

Isn't it a little tough for you to respond unless you're reading *my*
posts? So your feeble flame applies equally to you. You need a more
active hobby. Anything that increses blood flow should improve the
forethought and reduce the mysterious slipping.

I don't read your posts, just your replies in *MY* thread.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/11/2017 10:26 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

with a booster cap after the pump locked up. Till I added the cap I had
to replace the start/run every year.

That's abusive! What brand unit?

It's a 15yo Carrier

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 19:28:24 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 6/9/2017 9:28 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 16:26:24 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 6/8/2017 10:14 AM, A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall wrote:

Yeah, it's better spent writing about rolling coins and tub drain
times.

---
http://www.avg.com

I see you follow and read intently every word I write every day! It's
lovely that I live in your head rent free.

Isn't it a little tough for you to respond unless you're reading *my*
posts? So your feeble flame applies equally to you. You need a more
active hobby. Anything that increses blood flow should improve the
forethought and reduce the mysterious slipping.

I don't read your posts,

I don't believe you.

just your replies in *MY* thread.

Okay, I'll refund your money on the thread. Post your receipt ASAP.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/12/2017 10:34 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
How long before it started eating s/r caps? Is it the compressor or
the quality of new s/r caps?

P.S: Did you want those coin wrappers? I owe you anyway.

-

It started eating caps 4 years ago, I goofed it's 17yo. I got all caps
from Grainger. Hod of on wrappers, I have a line on a free coin counter
at a credit union but I must join...OK with me!

What do you owe me for? -other than entertainment and that is mutual.

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/9/2017 10:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Actually, I like the tape idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

_I_ thought you might like the bondage angle of the safety rope thing,
being a girl of adventure.

Forcing yourself to eat carrots and popcorn the rest of your life is certainly an adventure for a girl.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 8:42:05 AM UTC-4, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 6/14/2017 4:41 AM, wrote:
On 6/9/2017 10:00 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Actually, I like the tape idea, I might just do that. Thanks!

_I_ thought you might like the bondage angle of the safety rope thing,
being a girl of adventure.

Forcing yourself to eat carrots and popcorn the rest of your life is certainly an adventure for a girl.

---

And don't forget the tossed salad and scrambled eggs!

---
http://www.avg.com

Didn't you say something earlier (or was it someone else?) about having a Hoyer lift? Those are often used for getting into and out of tubs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/16/2017 10:10 AM, rangerssuck wrote:

Didn't you say something earlier (or was it someone else?) about having a Hoyer lift? Those are often used for getting into and out of tubs.

We had one for my mom, to get her out ob bed and into a wheelchair for
12 years...she just wouldn't eat the mushrooms.

---
http://www.avg.com

Do I need to vent a walk in shower that is replacing a tub/shower combo? [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 7th 18 10:44 PM
Walk-in-tub Chuck[_15_] Home Repair 38 January 30th 14 11:49 PM
walk-in TUB [email protected] Home Repair 9 April 1st 11 06:18 AM
Water leaks from underneath bath tub when tub spout is connected CJ Home Repair 6 August 13th 06 01:04 AM
how to remove old tub drain/strainer from tub waste shoe TimR Home Repair 4 March 24th 06 12:44 AM