Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lincoln 250 ac/dc welder score

Over the weekend I scored over 40 feet of welding cable for $60
(canadian funds). Not a terrific deal, but it came with a square top
Lincoln Electric of Canada 250 amp AC/125 amp DC welder in very good
condition which sweetened the deal a bit - - - .
I figured at the scrap price of copper and the weight of the welder I
couldn't go wrong, and for $60 I could afford to have a welder in the
shop again. I gave my old 180 amp Emmerson to my brother about 15
yeaers agowhen his old welder burned out
Anyone know approxemately when the "square top" lincolns were produced
in Toronto? I say "square top" - it has rounded corners. Cables come
out left bottom corner of the front of the case, AC/DC/REverse
polarity switch top left.
What is a "reasonable" value for one of these welders?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
news
Over the weekend I scored over 40 feet of welding cable for $60
(canadian funds). Not a terrific deal, but it came with a square top
Lincoln Electric of Canada 250 amp AC/125 amp DC welder in very good
condition which sweetened the deal a bit - - - .
I figured at the scrap price of copper and the weight of the welder
couldn't go wrong, and for $60 I could afford to have a welder in
the
shop again. I gave my old 180 amp Emmerson to my brother about 15
yeaers agowhen his old welder burned out
Anyone know approxemately when the "square top" lincolns were
produced
in Toronto? I say "square top" - it has rounded corners. Cables come
out left bottom corner of the front of the case, AC/DC/REverse
polarity switch top left.
What is a "reasonable" value for one of these welders?

I once saw a comment that used Lincoln "tombstones" were dirt cheap so
I kept an eye on their prices. That dirt must be Manhattan real
estate, locally the AC/DC ones run around $200 and up.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=82211

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 May 2017 00:04:46 -0400
wrote:

snip
Anyone know approxemately when the "square top" lincolns were produced
in Toronto? I say "square top" - it has rounded corners. Cables come
out left bottom corner of the front of the case, AC/DC/REverse
polarity switch top left.

You should be able to find a copy of the manual here somewhe

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...r-manuals.aspx

Then look for copyright years amongst the pages...

If you don't have any luck, post the model and serial number that's on
it and I'll see what I can find

Oh and very nice buy!

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 May 2017 12:37:57 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
news
[...]

That's kinda what I thout -$200 US is like about $275 Canadian - - -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 May 2017 13:09:09 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2017 00:04:46 -0400
wrote:

snip
Anyone know approxemately when the "square top" lincolns were produced
in Toronto? I say "square top" - it has rounded corners. Cables come
out left bottom corner of the front of the case, AC/DC/REverse
polarity switch top left.

You should be able to find a copy of the manual here somewhe

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...r-manuals.aspx

Then look for copyright years amongst the pages...

If you don't have any luck, post the model and serial number that's on
it and I'll see what I can find

Oh and very nice buy!

Didn't find a serial number yet but spec number is W352-3E9

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 May 2017 15:40:30 -0400
Leon Fisk wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2017 13:57:48 -0400
wrote:

snip
Didn't find a serial number yet but spec number is W352-3E9

I couldn't find anything with that number...

From your description it sounds similar to the old "Idealarc" machines.

Try posting a picture of the front if you can't find any model and/or
code numbers. Their website isn't very user friendly without a valid
name or code number to go by...

I came across this old discussion too, you may find it of interest:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...bstone-welders

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2017 13:57:48 -0400
wrote:

snip
Didn't find a serial number yet but spec number is W352-3E9

I couldn't find anything with that number...

From your description it sounds similar to the old "Idealarc" machines.

Try posting a picture of the front if you can't find any model and/or
code numbers. Their website isn't very user friendly without a valid
name or code number to go by...

I've emailed Lincoln directly to see what they have to say.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

On Fri, 26 May 2017 13:57:48 -0400
wrote:

snip
Didn't find a serial number yet but spec number is W352-3E9

I couldn't find anything with that number...

From your description it sounds similar to the old "Idealarc" machines.

Try posting a picture of the front if you can't find any model and/or
code numbers. Their website isn't very user friendly without a valid
name or code number to go by...

I came across this old discussion too, you may find it of interest:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...bstone-welders

The case looks like the one on:
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...elder-AC-225-s
but with a different faceplate and a lot less cutout at the back.-
also, it has the ac/ds switch top left.