DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Soldering pot metal petcock (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/590568-soldering-pot-metal-petcock.html)

Gary[_18_] May 21st 17 03:32 PM

Soldering pot metal petcock

http://s677.photobucket.com/user/gar...cock1.jpg.html

Petcock is probably zinc.

I was thinking, copper/brass tubing for reinforcement, with the
threaded piece slipped over it.

Any gotcha's I'm about to run into?

thanks

---

wws[_2_] May 21st 17 04:48 PM

https://www.treatland.tv/OMG-s/435.htm

Larry Jaques[_4_] May 22nd 17 12:47 AM

On Sun, 21 May 2017 08:32:41 -0600, Gary wrote:

http://s677.photobucket.com/user/gar...cock1.jpg.html

Petcock is probably zinc.

I was thinking, copper/brass tubing for reinforcement, with the
threaded piece slipped over it.

Any gotcha's I'm about to run into?

Nah, just use a cutting torch for fine flame control.

Or, under $7 delivered from Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...ywords=petcock

--
In today’s academia and mainstream media,
we’re all guilty of hate until proven leftist.

--Robert Knight, senior fellow, American Civil Rights Union

whit3rd May 22nd 17 03:41 AM

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 7:32:33 AM UTC-7, Gary wrote:
http://s677.photobucket.com/user/gar...cock1.jpg.html

Petcock is probably zinc.

I was thinking, copper/brass tubing for reinforcement, with the
threaded piece slipped over it.

Probably not safe. The threaded part, that fractured, actually DOES
have to get tightened with a wrench at some point.
Get a good, natural-gas-type valve, like a lab would use on
Bunsen burners, if you want an upgrade.

That valve looks like a motorcycle fuel switch; search on Amazon for this part:
LUO101-MAP14-12-A099_01