Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smith-Drum Extension-Gap lathe manual wanted

replying to irox, irox wrote:
Answering my own question. I seems that the Smith Drum Extension Gap lathe
was nearly identical to the Fay & Scott extension gap lathe. I would guess
that Fay & Scott made them first, when they couldn't meet demand during WWII
the government contracted another company to make more from the same design.
Of course, it could have been Smith Drum's design give/sold to a bigger
company which could meet demand. They even have similar (the same?) model
numbers.

Anyway, here is the "War department Maintenance Manual and Parts Catalog,
Lath, Engine Extension Gap Electric Motor powered Model HK 14" - 28" Fay and
Scott" from 1943:
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/306/5085.pdf

Hope that helps some folks with their Smith Drum Lathes!

Ian.

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ed-636407-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to irox, irox wrote:
Ok, I've finally tracked down a copy of the Smith Drum Lathe manual, scanned
it, and uploaded it to vintagemachinery.org:
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=17047

Hope that helps out all the Smith Drum Lathe owners who are without a manual.

Cheers!
Ian.

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ed-636407-.htm

RAMCO Lathe parts/Manual - Wanted - HELP !!!! Dustin Janes Metalworking 4 October 17th 20 12:26 AM
Old Smith Drum Sliding Bed metal lathe help Randy[_9_] Metalworking 1 June 20th 17 12:18 PM
Smith-Drum Extension-Gap lathe manual wanted irox Metalworking 4 May 18th 17 11:22 PM
Army issue 1942 model HK Smith-Drum Extension-Gap lathe with owner/parts manual K. Smith Metalworking 2 April 27th 15 06:09 AM
Wanted: Schematic for Smith Corona PWP6000 Plus BillT356 Electronics Repair 0 January 4th 07 02:08 AM