Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vacuum pump from refrigeration compressor questions

On Sun, 07 May 2017 11:40:42 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Do you know what a EMP device set off over Kansas will bring?

That's like asking how to ride a flying dragon. First you get a
flying dragon.

Who do know of besides the US and Russia has the capability of
detonating a high altitude nuke, the only way of generating a
widespread EMP?

If EMP is all you have to worry about is massive EMP, you're leading a
pretty good life.

John

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-pr...tates_06202011

Go ahead...walk to the next state..and the next one..and the next one.

Million of people will be dead inside of 6 months, and then winter
will hit, and millions more will simply..freeze to death.

---

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 07 May 2017 11:43:46 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Use a hose rated for drinking, else you may contaminate the water.
http://saferchemicals.org/newsroom/n...-garden-hoses/

True indeed. Though Im not sure how much concern there is these
days...what with the restrictions on lead we have seen over the last
10 yrs

Lead isn't the concern. The concern is the residual vinyl chloride
monimer in non-food grade hoses. That's what gives water from a
garden hose the "garden hose taste".

Food grade hoses are only slightly more expensive than regular hoses
so why not do it correctly?

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Coincidently to my vacuum pump questions arrived a sales brochure from
an outfit called 4 Patriots that sells all sorts of freeze dried foods
and other survivalist type stuff. I wouldn't send them a nickle. Part
of the reason is their 900 some dollar "value" nylon EMP bag. With
copper mesh woven into the nylon mesh this "military" grade bag
supposedly provides EMP protection for your sensitive electronics.
HAH!
Eric

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 8 May 2017 22:28:42 -0500, Martin E
wrote:

On 5/8/2017 8:34 AM, Normal Person wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 04:59:51 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 07 May 2017 22:06:24 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Be sure..be sure to use any of the good septic additives regularly.

I do.

Why do you asshats put your bumpkin feelings ahead of expert advice?

http://www.aero-stream.com/the-absol...hey-dont-work/
https://www.angieslist.com/articles/...-additives.htm

"The simple fact is septic tanks are designed to take care of waste
disposal on their own — no additives needed. With regular septic tank
pumping and inspections, a septic system should last decades."

Instead of accepting readily available information, we have one
crackpot recommending fairy dust even though his system failed, and
another crediting fairy dust for his success. Too funny.

When we sold our mountain home with a Septic tank and large field after
17+ years of use the pump guy needed help finding the hole, and then he
pumped the liquid out and the bottom was clean. The special dish soaps
and washer and showers with hair soaps cut any grease that got there and
it was consumed. There are soaps that kill natural bio houses in the tank.

Martin

I had a septic system installed on my property years ago and then I
did my own installation for our house about 7 years ago. I learned an
awful lot about how septic systems work and why they fail. Island
County, WA also has a class that teaches you how to check your septic
system. Besides being really helpful when I installed my own system
the County Health officer explained why the county hates it when
people add the enzymes and crap to septic tanks. The solids that are
supposed to settle innthe septic tank instead get carried out into the
drain field. Where they then proceed to eventually clog the drain
field. This has all sorts of negative consequences. Though we tend to
focus on the septic tank and how to avoid pumping it the drain field
is the most important part of the septic system. Properly operating
you will have safe disposal of the sewage from your house. Improperly
operating can and will eventually lead to unsafe pollution levels. Not
only that, the drain field is often times ruined by improper operation
of the septic system and cannot be rehabilitated for cheap. This is
why a reserve drain field area is required for gravity systems, which
both of mine are. Pressurized systems, AKA mound systems, can just
have the mound removed and replaced. Which costs waaaaaaaay more than
a gravity system.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Be sure..be sure to use any of the good septic additives regularly.

I do.

Why do you asshats put your bumpkin feelings ahead of expert advice?

http://www.aero-stream.com/the-absol...hey-dont-work/
https://www.angieslist.com/articles/...-additives.htm

The Angie article has some silly person calling drain cleaner,
disinfectants, and bleach "septic tank additives". All 3 of those
kill bacteria and are not "additives". Your 'expert' advice is truly
lacking validity, nymmer.

I add an ounce of Roebic anaerobic bacteria 4 times a year. It cleans
my main drain and adds the proper bacteria to the septic system, both
good things. I figure that it offsets my small use of bleach on white
loads.

Sorry, Gunner. I, too, just responded to the nitwit.

[...]

I'd truly hate to have to pay to repair one. I'm just glad the idiot
bitch didn't ruin my leach field when she put her "arena" in over it.

--
Obstacles are those frightful things you
see when you take your eyes off your goal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Be sure..be sure to use any of the good septic additives regularly.

I do.

Why do you asshats put your bumpkin feelings ahead of expert advice?

http://www.aero-stream.com/the-absol...hey-dont-work/
https://www.angieslist.com/articles/...-additives.htm

The Angie article has some silly person calling drain cleaner,
disinfectants, and bleach "septic tank additives". All 3 of those
kill bacteria and are not "additives". Your 'expert' advice is truly
lacking validity, nymmer.

There is zero science supporting septic tank additives. You can learn
that simple truth in minutes by doing your own search. Instead, as
idiots are wont to do, you remain welded to the inside of your echo
chamber and find fault with anything that doesn't support your use of
septic fairy dust. Even if it's a kindergartner laying out those facts
for you, it might as well be the Theory of Special Relativity compared
to you and Wieber challenging each other to be head poster boy for the
Dunning–Kruger effect.

I add an ounce of Roebic anaerobic bacteria 4 times a year. It cleans
my main drain and adds the proper bacteria to the septic system, both
good things. I figure that it offsets my small use of bleach on white
loads.

Normal use of bleach doesn't require any offsetting. You believe in
septic tank fairy dust, you may as well own it.

I'd truly hate to have to pay to repair one.

It's hardly the end of the world for any normal person. I was able to
do by hand, when I was a kid.

I'm just glad the idiot
bitch didn't ruin my leach field when she put her "arena" in over it.

I sense a little resentment of the female persuasion, which seems to
be a common thing with rightards. Did she take you to the cleaners
when she got tired of the pigheadedness? LOL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Any place where only men gather is like that. I regularly try to avoid exclusive places like that.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 8 May 2017 07:53:22 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 1:06:28 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 06 May 2017 13:54:32 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

My wife and I rode out the Coalinga Earthquake back in 1983. We had 6
months supply of food, well stored and properly contained. It lasted
almost 3 weeks, as we were the only people on our block who had more
than 3-4 days worth of groceries in their kitchen. Just a heads up.

Define "real long term emergency". It was an earthquake, not an emp
strike over the entire USA. One could drive 15 miles away and buy
food and fuel. That wouldnt be happening in many "real emergencies"

One or both of these paragraphs is bull****, or your entire neighborhood is comprised of nut jobs like yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Coalinga_earthquake

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/05/03/us...alifornia.html

http://www.sjvgeology.org/geology/co...arthquake.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=coal...=879#imgrc= _

Yawn.

http://www.artichokejoes.com/earthquake-survival.htm

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I didn't say the earthquake didn't happen. I question why, with fresh food & water a few miles away, you & your neighbors would be eating emergency rations that you should have been saving for a real emergency.