DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Steel spring wire thickness to turn a crank? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/589185-steel-spring-wire-thickness-turn-crank.html)

John Doe[_4_] April 22nd 17 09:32 PM

Steel spring wire thickness to turn a crank?

Thinking about turning the crank of my bicycle with a wire
spring. Approximately, how thick will be spring wire need to
be?

https://youtu.be/oAj1F5fSGWI

The spring will be placed between the drill and the hub spindle.

Thanks.

Jim Wilkins[_2_] April 22nd 17 11:35 PM

http://www.plantengineering.com/sing...ebbdc3224.html

Cydrome Leader April 22nd 17 11:51 PM

John Doe wrote:
Thinking about turning the crank of my bicycle with a wire
spring. Approximately, how thick will be spring wire need to
be?

https://youtu.be/oAj1F5fSGWI

The spring will be placed between the drill and the hub spindle.

Thanks.

What are you trying to accomplish?