DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning overspray (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/588361-cleaning-overspray.html)

Gary[_18_] April 3rd 17 09:42 PM

Cleaning overspray

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Garys-countertop.jpg
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Garys-Tub.jpg

My sister, who is NOT gonna be mistaken for a rocket scientist in this
life, has managed to spray paint the bathroom countertop and tub with
overspray, to the point that replacement will be necessary if cleaning
is not possible.

Tub & counter, not sister, sadly.

ANY suggestions gratefully considered, even if just for humor value:)
Which I am in dire need of, as she also managed to spread considerable
overspray around the garage, i.e. tool cabinet, welding cabinet, and
welder, table, etc.:(

thanks

---

[email protected] April 3rd 17 09:54 PM

Cleaning overspray

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 4:41:56 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

as she also managed to spread considerable
overspray around the garage, i.e. tool cabinet, welding cabinet, and
welder, table, etc.:(

thanks

I always try scrubbing with a rag moistened with paint thinner. This assumes the paint thinner will not damage the article.

Best if done before the paint cures completely. Also best if not a large area, but it is too late to change that.

Dan

Larry Jaques[_4_] April 4th 17 12:38 AM

Cleaning overspray

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:42:04 -0600, Gary wrote:

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Garys-countertop.jpg
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Garys-Tub.jpg

My sister, who is NOT gonna be mistaken for a rocket scientist in this
life, has managed to spray paint the bathroom countertop and tub with
overspray, to the point that replacement will be necessary if cleaning
is not possible.

Tub & counter, not sister, sadly.

If that's latex paint overspray, plain old rubbing alcohol will work.
If she has some denatured alcohol there, it'll work even better.

P.S: THE SOONER, THE BETTER, so let her wait. evil grinne

ANY suggestions gratefully considered, even if just for humor value:)
Which I am in dire need of, as she also managed to spread considerable
overspray around the garage, i.e. tool cabinet, welding cabinet, and
welder, table, etc.:(

Use a blue wrench on that, ya mutt.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King