Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [OT] Steering box gear oil.

Sort of OT but I know you guys will know whats what.

I've got a 10 ton Truck and the steering box is up for its 120,000km oil
swap.

The manual specifies "API GL4" oil for the steering box. As I understand
it that does not specify the weight of the oil.

I'm putting some 85/140 EPX Castrol oil in the differential.
Can I put some of this in the steering box and it would work fine and
not create any problems?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:43:34 +0800, BM2335 wrote:

Sort of OT but I know you guys will know whats what.

I've got a 10 ton Truck and the steering box is up for its 120,000km oil
swap.

The manual specifies "API GL4" oil for the steering box. As I understand
it that does not specify the weight of the oil.

I'm putting some 85/140 EPX Castrol oil in the differential.
Can I put some of this in the steering box and it would work fine and
not create any problems?

Would likely be a good fit.