Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Your car computer-hacker Controlled?

-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 08:44:20 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

Does anyone know how to easily disconnect and reconnect a car from
the Internet?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

Does anyone know how to easily disconnect and reconnect a car from
the Internet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnStar

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

Does anyone know how to easily disconnect and reconnect a car from
the Internet?

Well, it needs an antenna. If you can FIND it, disconnect it. I sure
would. That goes for the cellular connection. Now, if it also has a
bluetooth target device function, that could be harder to locate and
disable. And, you'd lose functionality that some people would really
complain about.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

They can't get into my Ranger or my Taurus.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

They can't get into my Ranger or my Taurus.

My Ranger has a few unique security mods too. While I was designing
one I found a simple and non-destructive way to unlatch the hood if
the release cable freezes, breaks or stretches. I'm not going to
publicize it but you may be able to figure out how by playing with the
latch while the hood is up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote in message
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

They can't get into my Ranger or my Taurus.

1943 models, I presume? gd&r

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 09:30:40 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
-- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRL4Znh8Xs

(16 minute clip onward)

http://www.google.com/patents/EP0926020A2?cl=en

Assume that whatever can be done, will be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gap_(networking)

-c3&gV

They can't get into my Ranger or my Taurus.

My Ranger has a few unique security mods too. While I was designing
one I found a simple and non-destructive way to unlatch the hood if
the release cable freezes, breaks or stretches. I'm not going to
publicize it but you may be able to figure out how by playing with the
latch while the hood is up.

If you can grab the housing of the cable and pull real hard you can
"usually" pop it open.

My ranger is old enough (at 1996) that it has no external
communications. The Taurus (at 2002) also has no communications.
The onlt way into either one is through the OBD2 connector - and the
96 isn't field programmable - not sure if the 2002 can be reflashed
either.