Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:59:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

(VBG)

Some are..most are true. Its up the the reader to decide.
Few here know me well enough to know me in the slightest or have a
clue about my life. A couple have been here at the homestead and know.
So they tend to keep their mouths shut and make side bets with me on
who will be a dick first.

(VBG)

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:41:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 3:51:31 PM UTC-4, Caroline Says wrote:

Dan's name is veeeery close to going on "the list." LOL

Which list?

Dan

Im curious too. ???

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:15:35 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:
On 3/20/2017 6:58 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:44:03 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:59:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

No he doesn't. Most of them begin as a transparent attempt to put someone else down, or to puff up his credentials as an "expert." Then he elaborates them to double-down on the authenticity of his story.

It's the behavior of a chronic liar, not of a spinner of tales.

I have the feeling that it is a bit more than chronic. I suspect that
it is more a matter of a denial of reality, that he is a lifelong
failure, primarily due to his own lack of effort.

I think gummer has made a fair amount of effort in the past, but it was
all badly conceived, misdirected and badly executed. That was the past.
Now, I truly believe he's paralyzed. He truly has no idea what to do,
and he can't even make any progress in trying to figure out what to do.
He's completely stuck, and has no idea how to get unstuck.

I know a fellow whose wife died last summer, leaving two school-age kids
(12 or 13, and 16). He seems better, but he describes life, still, as
"just putting one foot in front of the other." I truly believe gummer
doesn't even know how to do that.

One might even use the term "psychotic" liar.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not gummer believes his own
bull****. He claims it's all true. His very close friend and staunch
supporter, Dan Caster, insists the stories are all "tall tails [sic]",
and seems to suggest that gummer knows they are. It's hard to tell from
text posts in Usenet if gummer believes the bull**** or not. If he
does, then there definitely is some kind of mental defect in play. I
don't know if it's psychosis, but it's something pretty deep in him.

We're getting some social and political lessons right now about "alternative facts" and alternative realities, and the import of the big, particular case we're living through at the moment tends to sharpen one's attention to how this all works. Big consequences tend to focus the mind.

One thing that we're learning, I think, is that a pattern of consistent lying, which normal people think of as being either pathological or deeply cynical, may actually function in a way that isn't clearly psychosis or simple cynicism. It may be a learned way of controlling one's environment and life; an alternate narrative that both protects oneself against painful confrontations with reality, and that provides a more acceptable story line to explain one's own failings and problems. Alternatively, in the hands of someone really talented, it can be the basis of a confidence act that brings money and power.

Applying such an alternative reality to one's own life can lead to social withdrawal -- I know such a person, and he isn't nuts -- or to a belligerent form of self-assertion that's carried out with the aid of bluster and insults. The latter pattern fits one side of Gunner's mixed behavior. If he had the talent to pull off a real con, in addition to the bluster and insults, maybe he'd have a tower named after him.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/20/2017 8:45 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:50:25 PM UTC-4, Caroline Says wrote:

You just finished reading (don't pretend you didn't) one guy claim he
owned a bunch of property. Two others posted irrefutable proof it was
an incompetent lie. Do you still believe the lie?

What is this STILL believe crap.

If you were to say,
then maybe the liar wouldn't keep lying, and you'd read fewer posts
ridiculing the lying.

Now I'll explain WHY you don't admit that your friend is lying. 1.
Because you're perfectly fine with lying, so long as the liar is from
your tribe. And there is the explanation for Trump's success. 2.
Because you like watching a good train wreck, and won't lift a
rhetorical finger to minimize the carnage.

How stupid can you be. Evidently pretty stupid from what I read. I grew up where telling tall tails is considered an art form. You on the other hand , do not seem to have any talent for fiction.

I find it funny that anyone would go to the trouble write long posts about how you can prove Gunner is pulling your leg. Absolutely wasted effort. Gunner 1 Caroline 0.

Dan

Dan Dan..Ive spent years working on this bizzaro getting him all
worked up..dont screw up my lifes work.

Dan knows that your bull**** yarns are just that - 100% bull****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/20/2017 8:48 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:21:41 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 8:12:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That's what I mean. You look at Gunner, a lying, slandering jerk, and you find comfort there.

Ed, stop acting like an idiot. I don't find any comfort from Gunner. ] am just not emotionally involved. In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner. He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And also not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about.

Dan

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.

I do not have a tribe. Who wrote the book about inner directed people, outer directed people and traditional directed people? Anyway I am pretty much inner directed or maybe tradition directed. But in either case not tribal.

Dan
--
Ed Huntress

Slow Eddy has to have something to make up his days since he
"retired".

Ed Huntress has your number. We all have it, liar.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

(VBG)

Some are..most are true.

*None* of them are true, gummer. Dan doesn't believe any of them. Tom
Gardner doesn't believe them. Larry Jaques doesn't believe them.
Michael Terrell doesn't believe them (I think Terrell might be dead.)
*None* of your friends believe them.

264 mph motorcycle ride - a lie
"Victoria's secret" girlfriend - a lie
various "head shot" at 200+ yards claims - lies
kick light bulb out of light fixture on 8' ceiling - a lie
"gutted a man" - a lie

They're all lies, and even your *friends* here consider them to be lies.
When feeling charitable, they call then "tall tails [sic]", but
they're lies.

Your good pal, Dan Caster, says you're a liar. You *are* a liar,
whether Dan says so or not.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 3:51:31 PM UTC-4, Caroline Says wrote:

Dan's name is veeeery close to going on "the list." LOL

Which list?

Dan

Im curious too. ???

You're a ****wit. The "list" you claim people are maintaining of people
who are going to be "culled".

I understand your name was added to the List about a year ago.

There is, of course no "list". There will be no "cull". You agree:
that was all bull****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

"retired". His wife hates having him around, his friends are all
dead or moved away, and he has nothing else to do except be a dick.

On the other hand "Slow Eddy" was/is gainfully employed and, according
to gunner's post, has now accumulated enough of lovely green stuff to
now be retired from the fray. His wife did not run away, he owns his
own home (or a significant portion there of), his kid did get a proper
education and is (I believe) now gainfully..

In short, everywhere that the gunner has been a failure it seems that
"Slow Eddy" has been a success.

Is this jealousy we see rearing its ugly head?
--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

"Big consequences tend to focus the mind." Well, that doesn't seem to
be true with gummer. gummer's mind seems no better focused on improving
his lot in life than it did when he first started begging the other
"smart" right-wingnuts in this group for help a couple or three years
ago. He has made no progress - he is living every bit as much on the
extreme edge of despair as he was then.

One thing that we're learning, I think, is that a pattern of consistent lying, which normal people think of as being either pathological or deeply cynical, may actually function in a way that isn't clearly psychosis or simple cynicism. It may be a learned way of controlling one's environment and life; an alternate narrative that both protects oneself against painful confrontations with reality, and that provides a more acceptable story line to explain one's own failings and problems.

True to all of that.

Alternatively, in the hands of someone really talented,

chortle Uh...okay.

it can be the basis of a confidence act that brings money and power.

Applying such an alternative reality to one's own life can lead to social withdrawal

I've written here several times that I've driven by gummer's squat. I
also drove around Taft. You really need to believe me when I say that
someone at the very center of civic life in Taft CA - which gummer
plainly is not - is the epitome of social withdrawal. The entire
blighted town is the very picture of social withdrawal. It's a town
full of tweekers, like gummer's pup.

The median family income is about $34,000. The median family income in
the U.S. is about $52,000, and despite Taft's squalor, it's still in
California, which means $34K won't go as far as it would elsewhere.

-- I know such a person, and he isn't nuts -- or to a belligerent form
of self-assertion that's carried out with the aid of bluster and
insults. The latter pattern fits one side of Gunner's mixed behavior. If
he had the talent to pull off a real con, in addition to the bluster and
insults, maybe he'd have a tower named after him.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

(VBG)

Some are..most are true. Its up the the reader to decide.
Few here know me well enough to know me in the slightest or have a
clue about my life. A couple have been here at the homestead and know.
So they tend to keep their mouths shut and make side bets with me on
who will be a dick first.

Certainly "some are true". Yes you are a failure. Yes your wife ran
away, not once but a number of times. Yes you lied about being in the
army, yes you lied about riding a motorcycle at a tremendous speed.

But why go on. You are an abject failure and I suspect that you
actually know it and the your Usenet persona is simply an attempt to
persuade yourself that you really a big brave hero. (Gee, if people
believe me here maybe I really a great man)

Pathetic!
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

gummer is the walking embodiment of bitter envy toward folks who did far
better than he did, even without having been handed a bounty of benefits
and privileges.

gummer came from a relatively privileged background, which he will now
deny like Peter denying Jesus. But he really did. He didn't grow up in
poverty, and according to gummer, his parents had the privilege - and
ease of life - to be able to march in civil rights parades far from
their home.

gummer has ****ed away his inheritance. He was given much, and now he
has little, and it's not because he gave it away out of generosity.
It's because he's a loser.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nothing could be more obvious than his Usenet persona is far more about
persuading himself that he's "okay" than it is about persuading others
of what a larger-than-life character he is. No one buys that. For
chrissake, his own "allies" here regard his "Amazing Wieber" bull**** as
nothing more than "tall tails [sic]". Because of tribalism, most of
his partisans here - Gardner, Terrell, Jacques, others - won't come out
and say they know Wieber is full of ****, but by their silence when he
is being called full of ****, they are agreeing. Dan Caster, perhaps
Wieber's most vocal ally here, has said he regards all of Wieber's
absurd claims as fiction - total bull****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That amounts to just about everyone, doesn't it?
--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I wonder whether "tall tail" might not be an unconscious slip of the
tongue? Tall Tail? Tail up? Exposing? An arsehole?
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 1:31:27 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Dan Dan..Ive spent years working on this bizzaro getting him all
worked up..dont screw up my lifes work.

Dan knows that your bull**** yarns are just that - 100% bull****.

You are not very perceptive. Some of his posts are real and some just entertainment.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 1:32:19 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Ed Huntress has your number. We all have it, liar.

Now that is what is so interesting. Every one knows, and yet there is this compulsion to repeatedly tell everyone what everyone already knows. How sick is that?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 1:40:19 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

..

*None* of them are true, gummer. Dan doesn't believe any of them.

Actually I do believe some are true. I might be wrong, but some I believe.

For example I believe the one about the weld failing on the trailer tongue is true. It might be fake. I may just be gullible.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 2:18:30 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

gummer is the walking embodiment of bitter envy toward folks who did far
better than he did, even without having been handed a bounty of benefits
and privileges.

I think you are wrong. Just not very perceptive. Gunner does not seem to be very bitter or envious. He seems pretty relaxed to me. I could be wrong. I am one of those people who has done well. Probably better than you and while Gunner might be envious, he does not seem bitter toward me.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 2:28:24 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Dan Caster, perhaps
Wieber's most vocal ally here, has said he regards all of Wieber's
absurd claims as fiction - total bull****.

The above is a lie. I bet none of you pip squeaks will call Rudy on this lie. But I have never said that I regard all of Gunner claims as fiction. And I am certain that I never said " total bull**** ". My vocabulary is not so limited that I resort to words as bull****.

I will say I believe that Rudy does not do any metalworking and posts on RCM to boost his self esteem. The very thing that he claims Gunner does. Could it be that he and Gunner are alike?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 5:04:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I wonder whether "tall tail" might not be an unconscious slip of the
tongue? Tall Tail? Tail up? Exposing? An arsehole?
--
Cheers,

Schweik

My speech recognition software has problems with homophones.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2017 6:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 2:28:24 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Dan Caster, perhaps
Wieber's most vocal ally here, has said he regards all of Wieber's
absurd claims as fiction - total bull****.

The above is a lie. I bet none of you pip squeaks will call Rudy on this lie. But I have never said that I regard all of Gunner claims as fiction.

Why don't you tell us which of the bits of the Mark R. Wieber Cliff
Notes compendium you regard as instances in which gummer told the truth,
dannie? Was it when he said he had arrested "2500" drug dealers during
his 2/5/"a couple"/"several"/8 years as a reserve deputy? Is it when he
describes the "acres" of land he "owns"?

I will say I believe that Rudy does not do any metalworking and posts on RCM to boost his self esteem. The very thing that he claims Gunner does.

Not even close. I only came here in the first place because gummer
cross-posted so much to other groups. Then I realized he spent more
time here than anywhere else. I'm glad I did, because it has been a
world of fun encountering gummer's deadbeat pals here.

Could it be that he and Gunner are alike?

Not even remotely alike, dannie. Start with the fact that I don't tell
any "tall tails [sic]" here or anywhere else. Add to it the fact that
my name is on the deed of my house, and my property taxes are paid up.
There also has been no time in the last 45 years when I haven't had an
operable car. My wife has never left me once, let alone three or more
times for the same chump, and my kid isn't a meth addict.

Nope - my life doesn't resemble Wieber's in any aspect.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:51:11 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Now that is what is so interesting. Every one knows, and yet there is this compulsion to repeatedly tell everyone what everyone already knows. How sick is that?

Not telling everyone - just gummer.

Even more weird. Gunner certainly knows.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 10:15:58 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Nope - my life doesn't resemble Wieber's in any aspect.

You might be right. Gunner does not have an over riding compulsion to put people down.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:21:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 8:12:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That's what I mean. You look at Gunner, a lying, slandering jerk, and you find comfort there.

Ed, stop acting like an idiot.

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

I don't find any comfort from Gunner.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

Lies are not "poking." Lies are lies. When they're employed to insult or abuse someone else, they take on a special character.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.

Because he uses them to insult and belittle others. You certainly seem to be worked up, or you wouldn't be engaging the subject in your rather long list of posts.

He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And also not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about.

Dan

You aren't the subject of his insults. I don't accept them.

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.

Then you don't see what's going on.

--
Ed Huntress

I do not have a tribe. Who wrote the book about inner directed people, outer directed people and traditional directed people? Anyway I am pretty much inner directed or maybe tradition directed. But in either case not tribal.

Dan
--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
We're getting some social and political lessons right now about
"alternative facts" and alternative realities, and the import of the
big, particular case we're living through at the moment tends to
sharpen one's attention to how this all works. Big consequences tend
to focus the mind.
Ed Huntress
=======================

"Alternative facts" that the French were too proud and arrogant to
recognize as such provoked the war that resulted in WW1 and WW2.
Afterwards they refused to accept that they had been so easily baited
into declaring a war they couldn't win, and prepared for revenge. The
modern Olympics were intended to condition their young men for the
rematch with Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ems_Dispatch
"His editing, he assured his friends, "would have the effect of a red
rag on the Gallic [French] bull."

Otto von Bismarck is worth studying for his mastery of the art of
politics.

Deception and spin-doctoring were fully developed at the start of
written history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kadesh
The Egyptian account turns the bungled battle into a glorious victory.
However thers's no mention of the Exodus of the Israelites in their
records.

The left becomes SO indignant when their own tactics are turned
against them. Perhaps their followers suffer from drug-induced loss of
memory of the recent past.

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Alternative facts" that the French ...

I almost posted this one twice the same way, by disconnecting too soon
after sending it. This time I deleted the pending copy from the
Outbox.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

(VBG)

Some are..most are true.

How about these?

"I never lie"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...64cc658d2e57fb

"I never lie"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...f5f530780d8194

"I lied about who I was and how old I was"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...421cb4f5a8eb52

"I can say with a clear conscience that I dont lie. And I dont.
Ive made a point of it for most of my life. Ever since I discovered
its far far to difficult to remember which lies one tells which person
and it comes back and bites you in the ass."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...633fef7961cc92

Its up the the reader to decide.

It is well-decided. You contradict yourself constantly because you
haven't a hope in hell of remembering all your lies, much less making
them match one another.

Few here know me well enough to know me in the slightest or have a
clue about my life.

No. Your life is well documented thanks to your need to build yourself
up by telling crazy stories, which attracts derision. Which "forced"
you to tell more lies about having your detractors killed, motivating
some of them to hose you down with reality in the form of irrefutable
documentation. You tried to lie that away as well, and so here you
are. You're too small and stupid to take your medicine, and for
whatever bizarre reason you imagining that telling new lies can clean
up the mess the old ones created.

Just as Dorothy's escape from Oz had always been a few heel clicks
away, so is your escape from poverty.

You've admitted you need proper employment. And you said the Wieber
Cliff notes are "a pretty good listing of my accomplishments"
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc...A/qM2K2lIlG-0J

So print out the Cliff Notes, pick a place of employment, slap those
pages down on the boss's desk and proclaim "here's a pretty good
listing of my accomplishments."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.
He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it.

The "not much" you could do is call his BS what it is: lies.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:11:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

I believe you do think that. But I just regard that as proof that you are acting as an idiot.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

Another attempt to characterize me. But you are wrong.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

By not emotionally involved , I mean attempted attacks on me do not bother me. My blood pressure does not go up. And I find the responses entertaining.

In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

Lies are not "poking." Lies are lies. When they're employed to insult or abuse someone else, they take on a special character.

So you say, but that does not make it true. What do you call all those books in the library. The library calls them fiction. But I guess you call them lies.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.

Because he uses them to insult and belittle others. You certainly seem to be worked up, or you wouldn't be engaging the subject in your rather long list of posts.

Sorry but I am not really worked up. And I think you will find that my list of posts about Gunner are not anywhere near the volume of you and all those that do not post under their real names.

He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And alsoLoading not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about..

Dan

You aren't the subject of his insults. I don't accept them.

Bully for you.

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.Loading

Then you don't see what's going on.

See above. You may not agree with what I see, but that is certainly what it looks like to me.

Ed Huntress

I do not have a tribe. Who wrote the book about inner directed people, outer directed people and traditional directed people? Anyway I am pretty much inner directed or maybe tradition directed. But in either case not tribal.

Dan

I looked it up. The book is " The Lonely Crowd "

Dan
--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:51:48 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 10:15:58 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Nope - my life doesn't resemble Wieber's in any aspect.

You might be right. Gunner does not have an over riding compulsion to put people down.

Can you be any more ridiculous? Wieber's habit of putting people down
is exactly what got him where he is. He even went so far to insist,
hundreds of times, that he was literally having people put down. You
LIKED reading that nonsense, no sense in pretending otherwise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/19/2017 4:28 PM, Garrett Fulton wrote:
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 5:13:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
(snipped)
You are just a pathetic person who has to post irrelevant things in RCM to satisfy your longing to be someone. And has to post about those less fortunate because you are too small to be magnanimous.

Dan

A dead accurate representation of the day's events, Dan. Any way we can lance this pustulating carbuncle that has attached itself to r.c.m.? I lurk here trying to learn a little more about metalworking as I'm admittedly a rank amateur. But I'm uncommonly sick of this wailing, pig-ignorant cocksucker.

Stop crying, you big baby.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2017 8:11 AM, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:21:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 8:12:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That's what I mean. You look at Gunner, a lying, slandering jerk, and you find comfort there.

Ed, stop acting like an idiot.

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

A delusional idiot at that. He just said that gummer "does not have an
over riding [sic] compulsion to put people down." I almost spit my
coffee out when I read that.

I don't find any comfort from Gunner.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

Right.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

He has posted close to 20 times in this thread, each time essentially
coming to gummer's defense. Yeah, I'd say he's heavily emotionally
invested in this. dannie's connection with the truth is beginning to
resemble gummer's.

[...]

*And* he is defending the tribe.