Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

On 3/21/2017 8:34 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:11:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

I believe you do think that. But I just regard that as proof that you are acting as an idiot.

You are really down to the playground level, dannie.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

Another attempt to characterize me. But you are wrong.

I think he's right.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

By not emotionally involved , I mean attempted attacks on me do not bother me. My blood pressure does not go up. And I find the responses entertaining.

In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

Lies are not "poking." Lies are lies. When they're employed to insult or abuse someone else, they take on a special character.

So you say, but that does not make it true.

It isn't true because he says it - rather, he says it because it's true.
You seem to have a big problem with the direction of causation.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.

Because he uses them to insult and belittle others. You certainly seem to be worked up, or you wouldn't be engaging the subject in your rather long list of posts.

Sorry but I am not really worked up.

Nonsense.

He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And alsoLoading not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about.

Dan

You aren't the subject of his insults. I don't accept them.

Bully for you.

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.Loading

Then you don't see what's going on.

See above.

We have. It's tribalism *and* willful blindness on your part.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2017 8:24 AM, Caroline Says wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:50:19 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:59:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

(VBG)

Some are..most are true.

How about these?

"I never lie"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...64cc658d2e57fb

"I never lie"
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...f5f530780d8194

"I lied about who I was and how old I was"
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...421cb4f5a8eb52

"I can say with a clear conscience that I dont lie. And I dont.
Ive made a point of it for most of my life. Ever since I discovered
its far far to difficult to remember which lies one tells which person
and it comes back and bites you in the ass."
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...633fef7961cc92

Its up the the reader to decide.

It is well-decided. You contradict yourself constantly because you
haven't a hope in hell of remembering all your lies, much less making
them match one another.

Few here know me well enough to know me in the slightest or have a
clue about my life.

No. Your life is well documented thanks to your need to build yourself
up by telling crazy stories, which attracts derision.

Don't forget the occasional 2000+ word lachrymose gut-spillings, in
which he gives us all the sordid details of his miserable life and all
but begs for help from the others in his tribe.

Which "forced"
you to tell more lies about having your detractors killed, motivating
some of them to hose you down with reality in the form of irrefutable
documentation. You tried to lie that away as well, and so here you
are. You're too small and stupid to take your medicine, and for
whatever bizarre reason you imagining that telling new lies can clean
up the mess the old ones created.

Just as Dorothy's escape from Oz had always been a few heel clicks
away, so is your escape from poverty.

You've admitted you need proper employment. And you said the Wieber
Cliff notes are "a pretty good listing of my accomplishments"
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc...A/qM2K2lIlG-0J

So print out the Cliff Notes, pick a place of employment, slap those
pages down on the boss's desk and proclaim "here's a pretty good
listing of my accomplishments."

Okay, cut it out! I literally hurt my rib cage laughing at that one.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:34:31 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 11:11:38 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

I believe you do think that. But I just regard that as proof that you are acting as an idiot.

Hey, that's the first circulus in probando fallacy of the day! You get a green jelly bean as your prize.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

Another attempt to characterize me. But you are wrong.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

By not emotionally involved , I mean attempted attacks on me do not bother me. My blood pressure does not go up. And I find the responses entertaining.

You should try a good book. They're real entertainment. I'm currently reading _In Search of Schrodinger's Cat: Quantum Physics And Reality_ on Kindle. It's a hoot.

In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

Lies are not "poking." Lies are lies. When they're employed to insult or abuse someone else, they take on a special character.

So you say, but that does not make it true. What do you call all those books in the library. The library calls them fiction. But I guess you call them lies.

I call the fiction books fiction. Many of the political books I call lies. Neither one is factually true, but fiction is honestly fiction and lies are dishonestly lies. Gunner tells lies.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.

Because he uses them to insult and belittle others. You certainly seem to be worked up, or you wouldn't be engaging the subject in your rather long list of posts.

Sorry but I am not really worked up. And I think you will find that my list of posts about Gunner are not anywhere near the volume of you and all those that do not post under their real names.

I've posted very few messages about Gunner. In this thread, you have me beat by at least 3:1.

He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And alsoLoading not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about.

Dan

You aren't the subject of his insults. I don't accept them.

Bully for you.

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.Loading

Then you don't see what's going on.

See above. You may not agree with what I see, but that is certainly what it looks like to me.

Ed Huntress

I do not have a tribe. Who wrote the book about inner directed people, outer directed people and traditional directed people? Anyway I am pretty much inner directed or maybe tradition directed. But in either case not tribal.

Dan

I looked it up. The book is " The Lonely Crowd "

Dan
--
Ed Huntress

It was an important book.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 12:25:15 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:
On 3/21/2017 8:11 AM, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:21:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 8:12:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That's what I mean. You look at Gunner, a lying, slandering jerk, and you find comfort there.

Ed, stop acting like an idiot.

I think the one behaving like an idiot here is you, Dan.

A delusional idiot at that. He just said that gummer "does not have an
over riding [sic] compulsion to put people down." I almost spit my
coffee out when I read that.

That's why I asked him a day or two ago if he can read. If he's reading selectively, what is the basis on which he's selecting?

It's the put-downs that earned Gunner such animosity all over Usenet.

BTW, did you ever find out what Gunner was doing at Kirtland
Community College in 1971, after he graduated from high school the same year, and enlisted in the army the same year, went through basic and got shipped off to Vietnam before the year ended? Too bad he didn't wait a month or two -- he turned 18 on November 11th, and he wouldn't have had to rip off a fake ID from a gravestone, which has led to his not being able to get VA benefits and instead sponges over a quarter-million dollars off of the California taxpayers for his surgeries...

I don't find any comfort from Gunner.

Of course you do. You identify with something about him, or you wouldn't defend such an insulting, chronic liar. It's not possible that you think he is just pulling people's legs -- unless, as I said earlier, that you read selectively and ignore the reprehensible pattern of "brag and lie" that he uses as a way to put others down to his level.

Right.

] am just not emotionally involved.

If you weren't, you wouldn't be involved in this thread.

He has posted close to 20 times in this thread, each time essentially
coming to gummer's defense. Yeah, I'd say he's heavily emotionally
invested in this. dannie's connection with the truth is beginning to
resemble gummer's.

In Gunner I see someone that does not always tell the truth. You see this as a lying slandering jerk, while I see it as someone poking people with the verbal equivalent of a sharp stick.

Lies are not "poking." Lies are lies. When they're employed to insult or abuse someone else, they take on a special character.

I do not understand why people get worked up over Gunner.

Because he uses them to insult and belittle others. You certainly seem to be worked up, or you wouldn't be engaging the subject in your rather long list of posts.

He is what he is, and there is not much that I can do about it. And also not much that you can do about it. So I just accept it and you get worked up over it. There are lots better things to get emotional about.

Dan

You aren't the subject of his insults. I don't accept them.

Either you can't see what's going on, or that's your tribe.

I can see what is going on. Gunner is poking you and you are getting upset.

Then you don't see what's going on.

*And* he is defending the tribe.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 07:44:42 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:51:11 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Now that is what is so interesting. Every one knows, and yet there is this compulsion to repeatedly tell everyone what everyone already knows. How sick is that?

Not telling everyone - just gummer.

Even more weird. Gunner certainly knows.

Dan

This obsession he has...is all he has to live for. Repeat, laugh,
lather rinse. Obviously mentally ill and sociopathic. I hope they
dont allow him near pets.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 06:13:13 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 2:18:30 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

gummer is the walking embodiment of bitter envy toward folks who did far
better than he did, even without having been handed a bounty of benefits
and privileges.

I think you are wrong. Just not very perceptive. Gunner does not seem to be very bitter or envious. He seems pretty relaxed to me. I could be wrong. I am one of those people who has done well. Probably better than you and while Gunner might be envious, he does not seem bitter toward me.

Dan

Whats to be envious about? Life is a game of cards. Some people get
high ones, some people fold..some struggle to stay in the game,
winning now and then, but never consistantly nor the big hands.

I get small wins every now and then, but shrug...I never win the big
pots. But staying in the game is all I know how to do. Im never
going to go to Vegas to play for real money and in fact...am happy
enough just to win one now and then...no matter how rare.

I should have been dead countless times, yet Im still alive and doing
well, for some value of well. Im where Im at in life through my own
deeds and doings, both good and bad. I cant say " I was robbed!"
Im where Im at because of the way I responded and handled lifes little
problems. Good and bad. How the hell can I blame that on someone
else? Ive helped others countless times...one of the reasons Im where
Im at. Having a good sense of humor really helps at 3 am..and here.

Im long past...a couple decades past being bitter. What good does it
do? Zip

Maybe my next trip around on the Cosmic Wheel will be better.

Shrug

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 9:51:11 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Now that is what is so interesting. Every one knows, and yet there is this compulsion to repeatedly tell everyone what everyone already knows. How sick is that?

Not telling everyone - just gummer.

Even more weird. Gunner certainly knows.

Dan

This obsession he has...is all he has to live for. Repeat, laugh,
lather rinse. Obviously mentally ill and sociopathic.

Hey, dannie! Was that a put-down gummer just tried, repeating his stale
"mentally ill" and sociopathic accusation?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 2:18:30 AM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

gummer is the walking embodiment of bitter envy toward folks who did far
better than he did, even without having been handed a bounty of benefits
and privileges.

I think you are wrong. Just not very perceptive. Gunner does not seem to be very bitter or envious. He seems pretty relaxed to me. I could be wrong. I am one of those people who has done well. Probably better than you and while Gunner might be envious, he does not seem bitter toward me.

Dan

Whats to be envious about?

How about the relative splendor in which *everyone* else in this group
lives, compared with your destitution?

Life is a game of cards. Some people get
high ones,

Never you.

some people fold

You, for example.

..some struggle to stay in the game,
winning now and then, but never consistantly nor the big hands.

I get small wins every now and then,

Like an extra ration of stale McNuggets from the dumpster behind McDonald's?

but shrug...I never win the big pots.

You have never done anything to put yourself at the table where big pots
might be won, you stupid liar.

But staying in the game is all I know how to do.

You're not in any game, you scrounger.

Im never
going to go to Vegas to play for real money and in fact...am happy
enough just to win one now and then...no matter how rare.

I should have been dead countless times, yet Im still alive and doing
well, for some value of well.

You are not doing well by *any* reasonable measure of the word. You're
dead ****ing broke, out of work, married to a whore, in bad health, meth
addict son, no prospects, addicted to cigarettes, living in the rectum
of Kern County (and Kern County is already the rectum of California),
and ****ing away a small fortune on dog food.

No, you are not doing well.

Im where Im at in life through my own
deeds and doings, both good and bad. I cant say " I was robbed!"
Im where Im at because of the way I responded and handled lifes little
problems. Good and bad. How the hell can I blame that on someone
else? Ive helped others countless times...one of the reasons Im where
Im at.

That's a lie.

Having a good sense of humor really helps at 3 am..and here.

Im long past...a couple decades past being bitter. What good does it
do? Zip

Maybe my next trip around on the Cosmic Wheel will be better.

Shrug

Gunner

LOL! Why on earth do you imagine you write well?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:43:09 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Life is a game of cards. Some people get
high ones,

No. But if it were as simple as that, you grew up middle class. YOU
said you got a 165 IQ. So even in your brain dead analogy, you blew
it.

some people fold..

You mean, like being tobacco's bitch, and giving up paying taxes?

I get small wins every now and then,

That is like a guy whose house burned down, saying he got to roast a
few marshmallows, and managed to save half a can of Copenhagen.

but shrug...I never win the big
pots.

A few hours ago you said you once had $250k in the bank. Typical
Wieber contradiction.

But staying in the game is all I know how to do.

You are "in the game" much like every prison lifer.

I should have been dead countless times,

Oh please. Most of those "countless time" were only in your silly
stories.

I cant say " I was robbed!"

But you have said exactly that for all intents and purposes! Earlier
today you said your son stole your $250k. In the past you've blamed
your wife and various freeloaders for wasting all your money. The
thing is, if you'd stop pretending you ever had much money, then you
wouldn't need to make up stories about being cheated out of it.

Im where Im at because of the way I responded and handled lifes little
problems. Good and bad. How the hell can I blame that on someone
else?

Easily, and repeatedly.

Ive helped others countless times...one of the reasons Im where
Im at. Having a good sense of humor really helps at 3 am..and here.

Im long past...a couple decades past being bitter. What good does it
do? Zip

Have you forgotten how much time you've spent insisting that you're
submitting names for "the great cull?" How many millions were you
fantasizing about hanging from lamp posts? No bitterness there, I
guess. Is that your story?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-03-21, Jim Wilkins wrote:

wrote in message
We're getting some social and political lessons right now about
"alternative facts" and alternative realities, and the import
of the big, particular case we're living through at the moment
tends to sharpen one's attention to how this all works. Big consequences
tend to focus the mind.
Ed Huntress
=======================

"Alternative facts" that the French were too proud and arrogant
to recognize as such provoked the war that resulted in WW1 and
WW2. Afterwards they refused to accept that they had been so easily
baited into declaring a war they couldn't win, and prepared for
revenge. The modern Olympics were intended to condition their
young men for the rematch with Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ems_Dispatch
"His editing, he assured his friends, "would have the effect of
a red rag on the Gallic [French] bull."

Otto von Bismarck is worth studying for his mastery of the art
of politics.

The most well-known v. Bismarck helped cause Napolean's downfall. Von Bismarck, who pioneered socialism, like LBJ, brought in realpolitik and their own study of Macciavelli ... which is the 'end' justifies the 'means'.

Essentially, you're studying a pioneer of pragmatic socialism, a highly-pampered and titled nobleman who liked the military, and who studied Macciavelli and the law.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-03-21, Jim Wilkins wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Napoleon III, not the famous one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A...abanel_002.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

You quite obviously don't understand Gunner.

You see his name really isn't Wieber, it is Kent. Clark Ken to be
exact.

But he is having difficulties in modern America. You see, with the
burgeoning use of smart phones the telephone booth is becoming a
rarity and he can no longer find a place to change into his blue skin
suit.

Without his blue suit the "Man of Steel" is no longer, "faster than a
speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall
buildings in a single bound". No one is shouting "Up in the sky, look:
It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Superman!"

He has nothing left. Except the Internet.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Maybe Taft, California is sitting on a big deposit of kryptonite. If so, considering the narcotic effects of krypton gas, that would explain why the town used to be named Moron.

Really. Look it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taft,_California

--
Ed Huntress

He has nothing left. Except the Internet.
--
Cheers,

Schweik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

What affect does kryptonite have on a superzero?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Each is antimatter to the other. Combine the two, and they both disappear.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Way down at the bottom of the page I found this:
The Posse is overseen by the Grand Marshal. The group patrols the
streets, schools, and businesses and engages in make-believe shootouts
with the Bandits, (the Wooden Nickel Gang) who customarily wear
bandanna masks on their faces.

Now we know how gunner got the way he is. Patrols the streets,
shootouts with the bandits....

He just hasn't realized that it isn't Oildorado every day.
--
Cheers,

Schweik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

I also noticed this: "Additionally, there is a beauty pageant where an Oildorado Queen is selected, a facial hair growing contest..."

Does the girl with the most facial hair win?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Like so many things in Taft, their kryptonite is low-grade, which
moderates the reaction to a fizzle. Instead of disappearing, the
superzero oozes a noxious gas for decades while slowly decomposing
into various toxic byproducts plus a huge volume of Fe.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

gummer's mental landscape is all make-believe.