Old March 20th 17, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work Clothes

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 1:59:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails. I can not believe you think they are not. I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

Dan

No he doesn't. Most of them begin as a transparent attempt to put someone else down, or to puff up his credentials as an "expert." Then he elaborates them to double-down on the authenticity of his story.

It's the behavior of a chronic liar, not of a spinner of tales.

--
Ed Huntress
Old March 20th 17, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:10:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:50:25 PM UTC-4, Caroline Says wrote:

You just finished reading (don't pretend you didn't) one guy claim he
owned a bunch of property. Two others posted irrefutable proof it was
an incompetent lie. Do you still believe the lie?

What is this STILL believe crap.

If you were to say,
then maybe the liar wouldn't keep lying, and you'd read fewer posts
ridiculing the lying.

Now I'll explain WHY you don't admit that your friend is lying. 1.
Because you're perfectly fine with lying, so long as the liar is from
your tribe. And there is the explanation for Trump's success. 2.
Because you like watching a good train wreck, and won't lift a
rhetorical finger to minimize the carnage.

How stupid can you be.

Not as stupid as somebody who takes on the fool's errand of trying to
write work-around excuses for Wieber.

Evidently pretty stupid from what I read. I grew up where telling tall tails is considered an art form.
You on the other hand , do not seem to have any talent for fiction.

I find it funny that anyone would go to the trouble write long posts about how
you can prove Gunner is pulling your leg. Absolutely wasted effort. Gunner 1 Caroline 0.

Dan

Here is my prediction you snipped out: "I'll ask you a very easy
question that you won't answer, but you might write a paragraph, or
multiple posts, dodging."

And, exactly as I predicted, here you are writing multiple posts,
dodging.
Old March 20th 17, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:59:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:41:39 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

Wieber is a chronic and reflexive liar. Dan Caster charitably tried to
call them "tall tails" [sic] some time back, but he and all Wieber's
other sunshine allies know he's a liar.

I did call them tall tails.

And that is your silly way of avoiding calling a spade a spade.

I can not believe you think they are not.

NOBODY believes them any more, and your pretending that anyone does is
a tactic beyond weak.

I think he post them just to get a rise out of gullible fools.

He posts them because he thinks that fellow rightards like you might
believe them. Every time you write one of your flanking support posts,
he takes it as encouragement. You like encouraging him, and don't
really mind how self destructive it is for him. Classic rightard
"friendship."
Old March 20th 17, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:10:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 8:50:25 PM UTC-4, Caroline Says wrote:

You just finished reading (don't pretend you didn't) one guy claim he
owned a bunch of property. Two others posted irrefutable proof it was
an incompetent lie. Do you still believe the lie?

What is this STILL believe crap.

If you were to say,
then maybe the liar wouldn't keep lying, and you'd read fewer posts
ridiculing the lying.

Now I'll explain WHY you don't admit that your friend is lying. 1.
Because you're perfectly fine with lying, so long as the liar is from
your tribe. And there is the explanation for Trump's success. 2.
Because you like watching a good train wreck, and won't lift a
rhetorical finger to minimize the carnage.

How stupid can you be. Evidently pretty stupid from what I read. I grew up where telling tall tails is considered an art form. You on the other hand , do not seem to have any talent for fiction.

I find it funny that anyone would go to the trouble write long posts about how you can prove Gunner is pulling your leg. Absolutely wasted effort. Gunner 1 Caroline 0.

Dan

Stick to your day job, Dan. You don't recognize what's going on at all.

Gunner's entire approach, once he realizes that he's been caught, is to bob and weave and to attack the other party. He does it all the time. Some people recognize it, and some don't. Your conclusion is just something you've made up to satisfy yourself.

--
Ed Huntress

Old March 20th 17, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 2:43:00 PM UTC-4, Hopalong Hirschowitz wrote:

But in cultures where tall tales is an art form, the teller eventually
acknowledges that his tales are fictional.

Do you have a cite for that? The tellers I know all claim every bit of their tale is true.

Dan

Old March 20th 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 3:49:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Stick to your day job, Dan. You don't recognize what's going on at all.

Ed Huntress

What I do see is Gunner 1 Ed 0

Dan

Old March 20th 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 3:51:31 PM UTC-4, Caroline Says wrote:

Dan's name is veeeery close to going on "the list." LOL

Which list?

Dan

Old March 21st 17, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/20/2017 3:40 PM, wrote:
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 3:49:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Stick to your day job, Dan. You don't recognize what's going on at all.

Ed Huntress

What I do see is Gunner 1 Ed 0

Not even close. gummer isn't even in the match.