Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aviators oxygen vs welding or medical oxygen.

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 06:32:01 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

What has four wheels and flies?

A garbage truck.

All of the Garbage trucks that I've seen have dual rear wheels.

Ayup, still in 4th grade...

It was a manure wagon in the original Latin.

g That one _has_ been around for awhile, hasn't it? Prolly
wouldn't be PC in today's schools. sigh Well, that's about to
change, thank Crom.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

A Citroen 2CV that tripped an anti-tank mine.

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Volker Borchert" wrote in message
news
rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

A Citroen 2CV that tripped an anti-tank mine.

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy

"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert

Lieutenant George: Oh, sir, if we should happen to tread on a mine,
what do we do?
Captain Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump up
200 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

A Citroen 2CV that tripped an anti-tank mine.

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy

"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert

Lieutenant George: Oh, sir, if we should happen to tread on a mine,
what do we do?
Captain Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump up
200 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.

LOL! I was going to modify it to "and flies into pieces", but I like
yours much better.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

A Citroen 2CV that tripped an anti-tank mine.

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy

"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert

Lieutenant George: Oh, sir, if we should happen to tread on a mine,
what do we do?
Captain Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump
up
200 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.

LOL! I was going to modify it to "and flies into pieces", but I
like
yours much better.

"Blackadder" was a BBC comedy shown on PBS.
Hugh Laurie played "Lieutenant George". He's better known as Dr.
House.
-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 22:31:55 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .

news rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

A Citroen 2CV that tripped an anti-tank mine.

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy

"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert

Lieutenant George: Oh, sir, if we should happen to tread on a mine,
what do we do?
Captain Blackadder: Well, normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump
up
200 feet into the air and scatter yourself over a wide area.

LOL! I was going to modify it to "and flies into pieces", but I
like
yours much better.

"Blackadder" was a BBC comedy shown on PBS.
Hugh Laurie played "Lieutenant George". He's better known as Dr.
House.

I had already been weaned from TV for many years before House came on,
but my friend told me about it and said it was on Netflix. OMG, I
loved that show! What a hoot! RIP, House, MD.

Youtubing Blackadder now...Rowan Atkinson and a laugh track? Sorry,
no way. Monty Python they ain't.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..

news rangerssuck wrote:

[...]

Atkinson didn't impress me as much as Baldrick and Miranda
Richardson's Queen Elizabeth. I couldn't stand Mr Bean.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 1:55:49 AM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

Ed Huntress, he has lots of flies!

I started tying them just last week. Lots of Light Cahills, a few Dark Hendricksons, sizes 12 through 16, and a few big March Browns and marabou streamers for early season, which is coming soon.

They're not like the ones your neighbors have -- the ones that ride in and out your acreen doors on the backs of the chickens...

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 3:03:15 PM UTC-5, Volker Borchert wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

What has four wheels and flies?

A Citroen 2CV that tripped an anti-tank mine.

Do they still have those things in Europe? I have a not-so-fond memory of riding up a mountain in Switzerland in one, in reverse gear.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 5:36:40 PM UTC-5, pyotr filipivich wrote:
rangerssuck on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:42:25 -0800
(PST) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

thanks. More information I will never use, but it does keep the
brain lubricated.

Good. Try your well-oiled brain on the Riddle of the Sphinx:

What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon and three
in
the afternoon?
-Sophocles

me, though the three is not so often yet, depending on a number of
things.

What has four wheels and flies?

A garbage truck.

Alrighty then... we both qualify for second grade. So, to kick it up a notch: what starts with "F" and ends with "UCK?"

Frozen fish truck.

Good one, but I was looking for fire truck.

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Lack of support under his center of gravity.

--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

The reduction towers are huge, and the pumps are noisy. I used to
live near it, and I was involved in the upgrade when the sections of new
towers were transported from the Ohio river, through our cable TV
system.

I never knew you could transport towers via CATV.
Does it require a newer than DOCSIS III modem?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." writes:

As a medic who uses "medical" oxygen a lot. You basically have steel
tanks, aluminum tanks and some stainless steel.

Steel are usually higher pressure units, used as vehicle born or
stationary tanks feeding into a manifold. There are steel portable tanks
still out there but they are a dying item. As they fail hydro they are
replaced by aluminum.

Stainless are usually liquid oxygen for hospitals and bulk transport.

And guess which you use in the MRI suite...

BTW, there are also fiberglass O2 bottles. I knew a SF Ranger
who made HAHO insertations. The only metal he carried was
the barrel/receiver of his weapon & ammunition, and that in a
graphite bag to minimize the radar signature. (The boots had no
metal islets, etc.) He described the procedure as "....cold..."

--
A host is a host from coast to

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David Lesher wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

The reduction towers are huge, and the pumps are noisy. I used to
live near it, and I was involved in the upgrade when the sections of new
towers were transported from the Ohio river, through our cable TV
system.

I never knew you could transport towers via CATV.
Does it require a newer than DOCSIS III modem?

No, DOCSIS didn't exist in the early '80s, so they used 40 axle,
4,000 HP crawlers with a top speed of a couple miles an hour. The trip
took days, and it required shutting down part of State RT 4 in SW Ohio.
The sections of the cooling towers were unloaded from a barge at Delhi
Township. It had to climb some steep hills, then it traveled around
Hamilton Ohio on Bypass 4. It then took St Rt4 to Engele's Corner just
south of Middletown, right onto Oxford State Road, then left onto Yankee
Road where the Air Products plant is located. Overhead utilities had to
be raised, or removed to allow it to pass. Since CATV lines are the
lowest, we had the most physical plant to remove. We had two crews
working with the rigging company. the first removed deops that crossed
the road, just ahead of the crawlers, and the second reinstalled them as
they followed it.

8846!4d-84.397463

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)

Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen? Some Guy Home Repair 180 April 20th 20 03:23 PM
Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen? Oren[_2_] Home Ownership 1 April 10th 14 04:18 AM
Oxygen Jeweller[_2_] UK diy 6 May 10th 13 08:46 AM
Oxygen Bleach alexander.keys1 UK diy 51 February 17th 07 08:40 AM
Oxygen Samantha BeanHead Metalworking 15 January 4th 05 11:19 PM