DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Contemporary ash tray or ... ? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/582583-contemporary-ash-tray.html)

Bob Engelhardt December 7th 16 08:04 PM

Contemporary ash tray or ... ?

I made a little something out of a couple of scraps:
http://imgur.com/a/eLWh8

I think that it has a good look, but looks weren't important - I used
these pieces because they were heavy cast iron and wouldn't tip over:
http://imgur.com/a/oqxIL

Shop stuff doesn't have to be grungy.

Bob

Leon Fisk December 7th 16 08:47 PM

Contemporary ash tray or ... ?

On Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:04:16 -0500
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I made a little something out of a couple of scraps:
http://imgur.com/a/eLWh8

I think that it has a good look, but looks weren't important - I used
these pieces because they were heavy cast iron and wouldn't tip over:
http://imgur.com/a/oqxIL

Shop stuff doesn't have to be grungy.

Bob

Oh yeah, a whole purdier than my little old grungy paint can :)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Bob La Londe[_7_] December 8th 16 05:45 PM

Contemporary ash tray or ... ?

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
I made a little something out of a couple of scraps:
http://imgur.com/a/eLWh8

I think that it has a good look, but looks weren't important - I used
these pieces because they were heavy cast iron and wouldn't tip over:
http://imgur.com/a/oqxIL

Shop stuff doesn't have to be grungy.

Bob

Nice, when I looked at the first picture I thought it was a cigarette
snuffer. Makes a lot more sense as an oil can.

P.S. I used to smoke (quit in 1988) and when I ran the bail press in a
cotton gin the head ginner told me I could smoke at the control console if I
put my cigarette out every time I stepped away from the console to dump a
bail or for any other reason. I expect he thought that would get to
expensive. I had a snuffer on the console desk. It was actually cheaper.
A cigarette would often last me most of the night. 2 or 3 in a 12 hr shift.
When we were running fast and dumping a 15-18 bails an hour I didn't have
time to smoke anyway, but we were only able to run that fast about half the
time. (Modern gins run much faster.)

Bob Engelhardt December 10th 16 07:43 PM

Contemporary ash tray or ... ?

On 12/8/2016 12:45 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
Nice, when I looked at the first picture I thought it was a cigarette
snuffer. Makes a lot more sense as an oil can.

Hey - I made a snuffer and I didn't even know what a snuffer was.