Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wieber "Engineering"

Not only pass the test, but in most states you must apprentice under a
working P.E. before taking a test. I think - have several books on how
to become one - 3-10 years.
Many pipeline design / installation engineer works with their boss for
some time and completes a number of pipelines before the boss signs off
so the test could be taken. Not just money and Not just or as well
testing. Another PE must approve over time - and help teach the process.

Martin

On 10/7/2016 11:53 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:
On 10/7/2016 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:15:25 -0700, Please! wrote:

retire if the economics work out. Obviously you have a lot of talent
and
versatility. But you still haven't explained the Coyote Engineering
stuff...are you keeping a PE hostage in your basement?

"Son....its called California Advertising. Half the companies out
here dont have a degree. Just someone who owns it good enough to pass
the tests.

Which I am..and do.

I assume you are bitching about the term "Engineering"...right?
I do That..every day.

Gunner"

Hey Wieber, since you're "doing" engineering every day, exactly what
engineering are you doing today? Don't pretend that shop chores are
engineering, and don't forget to show your calculations. Feel free to
post an invoice for some previous engineering, along with the
calculations for that job. You might also explain how you get around
the liability issues of charging for engineering services when you
have no certification.

One other question: If you're "good enough to pass the tests," then
why don't you take them?

Depends where in the world you are what "engineering" and "engineer"
mean. In th UK my trade qualification under the City and Guilds system
was "engineer" In Ontario it was a Class A interprovincial motor
vehicle repair technician

In California..An Engineer or anyone else that deals with items that
entail public safety in any way, must be registered with the State.

In all states and Engineer dealing in items that effect public safety
must also be registered..

Thus when any one hires a Registered Engineer..All one has to do is
check the public Registry list of Engineers.

To attain such registry one must pass state Board exams in most or all
states.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 8 Oct 2016 22:10:48 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Not only pass the test, but in most states you must apprentice under a
working P.E. before taking a test. I think - have several books on how
to become one - 3-10 years.
Many pipeline design / installation engineer works with their boss for
some time and completes a number of pipelines before the boss signs off
so the test could be taken. Not just money and Not just or as well
testing. Another PE must approve over time - and help teach the process.

Martin

Martin is a PE and would indeed know the rules. Martin is a VERY
smart man as well.

Gunner

On 10/7/2016 12:57 PM, wrote:
[...]

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My senior grade was "Science Advisor to the President" Before that "Sr.
Scientist" before that "Technologist". I worked for the VP of
Engineering just like Software and Hardware and QA engineering managers
did until I got my top ranking. I was in "Her" pool to be assigned to
work groups in the company (Soft/hard/Customer/Sales) as needed. I
always reported to VP with a Heavy or light solid line. Pres had light
then Heavy Dotted line. I worked world wide for 3 design centers and
sat 2-in-a-box with a VP from one Monster company then another overseas.

Martin