Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Your last DIY project

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding
experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding
experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

Well, I designed and made my own cremation urn using black marble tiles
and oak.

As for that casket, Many of the people I see around here would need to
alter them a bit.....

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

I find it very comforting to bury pets when they die. I know that it's
done right, by someone who loves them.

I don't know if I would term it "rewarding", but it would be comforting
for me to surround my loved ones with my own handiwork before putting
them to rest for the final time.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-09-23, Ed Huntress wrote:
I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding
experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

Yeah. Great idea. Just make sure the coffins are done very well.

You do not want people to say "here lies John Smith, expert
woodworker, he made his own coffin". And then during the funeral the
coffin comes unglued, breaks down and Mr. Smith falls down to the
ground. Truly an ignominious end to one's woodworking career, a
failure in life that is so final that one cannot recover!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-09-24, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

I find it very comforting to bury pets when they die. I know that it's
done right, by someone who loves them.

I don't know if I would term it "rewarding", but it would be comforting
for me to surround my loved ones with my own handiwork before putting
them to rest for the final time.

yeah, and make one for your wife too, to show her your love
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus3400" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

yeah, and make one for your wife too, to show her your love

How about a double wide?

Best Regads
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:14:11 -0700, Howard Beel wrote:

"Ignoramus3400" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding
experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

yeah, and make one for your wife too, to show her your love

How about a double wide?

Best Regads Tom.

Only if we both go at once.

I want to be wrapped up in an old cotton sheet and thrown in a hole in
the ground, with a fruit tree planted over. People look at me strangely
when I mention this.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 1:02:10 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:14:11 -0700, Howard Beel wrote:

"Ignoramus3400" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding
experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

yeah, and make one for your wife too, to show her your love

How about a double wide?

Best Regads Tom.

Only if we both go at once.

I want to be wrapped up in an old cotton sheet and thrown in a hole in
the ground, with a fruit tree planted over. People look at me strangely
when I mention this.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested
http://www.wescottdesign.com

"For all I've created returns unto me.
From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be."
The Sparrow, Simon and Garfunkel.

Just seemed appropriate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 11:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Garrett Fulton
wrote:

On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 1:02:10 PM UTC-4, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:14:11 -0700, Howard Beel wrote:

"Ignoramus3400" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:00:57 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

I want to know who thought this project "can be a reearding
experience."

http://www.northwoodscasket.com/build-your-own-coffin/

yeah, and make one for your wife too, to show her your love

How about a double wide?

Best Regads Tom.

Only if we both go at once.

I want to be wrapped up in an old cotton sheet and thrown in a hole in
the ground, with a fruit tree planted over. People look at me strangely
when I mention this.

Totally resisting saying something like "Oh, wanting to be a fruit in
your next life, huh?" Tim.

Yeah, roast me and toss me ashes to feed the ocean fishes. I have the
"spare parts" option on my drivers license so they can harvest any
usable parts to save another HUmon, if possible.

"For all I've created returns unto me.
From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be."
The Sparrow, Simon and Garfunkel.

Just seemed appropriate.

Ayup, who cares about worms in your old cadaver? That's how they turn
you back into minerals to feed the plants.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson

Project Parlez-vous anglais Woodworking 5 September 11th 15 05:05 PM
my first pen project tom koehler Woodturning 3 June 28th 10 04:27 AM
Next project? Frank[_9_] Woodworking 1 April 4th 08 06:25 PM
please help me with my project (ADC) Ameen Electronics 3 February 9th 06 01:31 AM
New project Justice Electronics 2 November 6th 05 09:02 PM