Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A bomb sent me home early

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosion-j...ry?id=42160249

Nobody was hurt, but it was creepy. I didn't hear the bomb go off,
probably because the breeze was blowing the wrong way and the surf was
right in front of me.

So I came home to get out of the confusion; I'll go back again
tomorrow, if the road isn't blocked off.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 15:21:53 -0400
Ed Huntress wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosion-j...ry?id=42160249

Nobody was hurt, but it was creepy. I didn't hear the bomb go off,
probably because the breeze was blowing the wrong way and the surf was
right in front of me.

So I came home to get out of the confusion; I'll go back again
tomorrow, if the road isn't blocked off.

You could just tell us you they weren't biting and you left early ;-)

So how did you find out if you didn't hear it?

I was in God's country in Michigan's western UP when a bear hunter told
me about the 9/11 attacks. I thought it sounded pretty wild... It had
been a long day already, left the house early morning to go exploring
via topo, compass and GPS. So I mosied back to my vehicle and turned on
the radio. Yup, the guy wasn't pulling my leg. Decided it might be a
good idea to fill my fuel tanks (had dual tanks) rather than wait
longer for a better price (I thought it was too high when I arrived
several day's earlier). Made me feel better to have enough go juice for
the 600 mile trip back home...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosion-j...ry?id=42160249

Nobody was hurt, but it was creepy. I didn't hear the bomb go off,
probably because the breeze was blowing the wrong way and the surf was
right in front of me.

So I came home to get out of the confusion; I'll go back again
tomorrow, if the road isn't blocked off.

You could just tell us you they weren't biting and you left early ;-)

I didn't get a chance to find out. g There were blues out there --
gulls were wheeling all over -- but they didn't come in to the beach
during the hour or so I was fishing. The bomb went off around 9:30 AM.

So how did you find out if you didn't hear it?

People were running around on the beach and yelling.

I was in God's country in Michigan's western UP when a bear hunter told
me about the 9/11 attacks. I thought it sounded pretty wild... It had
been a long day already, left the house early morning to go exploring
via topo, compass and GPS. So I mosied back to my vehicle and turned on
the radio. Yup, the guy wasn't pulling my leg. Decided it might be a
good idea to fill my fuel tanks (had dual tanks) rather than wait
longer for a better price (I thought it was too high when I arrived
several day's earlier). Made me feel better to have enough go juice for
the 600 mile trip back home...

Hmm...I was working at my computer, with the TV news on but the sound
turned off (my frequent habit during the workday). Then I turned
around to look at the TV...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:05:08 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

You gotta quit tossing your dud DuPont plugs in the trashcan, Ed.

But what else are you supposed to do with them? d8-)

There's only one road from Seaside Park down into Island Beach State
Park, where I was fishing. I heard they had it blocked late today,
although I think they just had a roadblock up, checking out the cars
leaving the park.

I sure hope it's open tomorrow.

--

wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/explosion-j...ry?id=42160249

Nobody was hurt, but it was creepy. I didn't hear the bomb go off,
probably because the breeze was blowing the wrong way and the surf was
right in front of me.

So I came home to get out of the confusion; I'll go back again
tomorrow, if the road isn't blocked off.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ide quoted text -
Ed Huntress wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

Imagine that. The news is saying that the terrorist owns a fried chicken restaurant at 104 Elmora Road, Elizabeth, NJ 07202. Its named First American Fried Chicken.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ide quoted text -
Ed Huntress wrote:

My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

Imagine that. The news is saying that the terrorist owns a fried
chicken restaurant at 104 Elmora Road, Elizabeth, NJ 07202. Its
named First American Fried Chicken.

Here in Australia the radio news (politically correct ABC) reported him
as an American citizen (which he technically is). They failed to include
that he had migrated from Afghanistan.

Regarding the NY/NJ area, I was looking at wikipedia news reports about that and they (and other sources) say: there are about "350 Afghan-owned chicken stores across the five boroughs" starting with Zia Taeb ... came to New York from Kabul in 1972 ... who studied engineering in Baku in the Soviet Union ... He began working as a fry cook in the 1970s, The New York Times reports... Afghanistan-born Zia started Kennedy [Fried Chicken] (before September 11, 2001 or the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan) ... [He] has since moved on to importing rare gems... one of the only people selling hot and fresh halal meat to the city's growing Muslim population (Halal is apparently a religious reference to food).

--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_Fried_Chicken

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/17/2016 3:21 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

Tell me about the tackle, target species and methods for that type of
fishing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 13:32:44 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 9/17/2016 3:21 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

Tell me about the tackle, target species and methods for that type of
fishing.

He uses a knee tackle on carp.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

And the place where they caught him is nine miles from my house.
It's not a neighborhood I'd normally visit. Elizabeth is next
door to Newark, and it's a lot like many people imagine Newark
to be.

Right, Believe me, the whole dispute about where people like to or "should" comfortably spend their time - urban, suburban or rural - is a constant issue every place on the face of the earth.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 9/17/2016 3:21 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
My surf-fishing trip was cut short this morning by a bomb that went
off in a trash can around two miles from where I was fishing. It had
been planted along the route of the Semper Five 5K charity run.

Tell me about the tackle, target species and methods for that type of
fishing.

He uses a knee tackle on carp.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson

I've always fished since I was 6yo. It just fascinates me. I like
adventure fishing over freezer fishing but I love to eat Bluegill,
Yellow perch, GN Pike, Walleye...in that order. I've been trading
Canadian Bacon that I smoke for Perch lately and have a bunch of people
over for a fry-fest. I especially like Cook's Country Onion Ring batter
on the perch.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:08:55 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Sounds good. I was thinking about getting a fishing license now that
I'm retired, but damn, all the rivers have pharmaceuticals flushed
into them from all the cities upstream these days. I'm wondering if I
really want to do that after all.

I used to fish for bluegill, trout, catfish, & crappie (thrown back)
as a boy in AR, but haven't been fishing as an adult, with the
exception of skipjacking with barbless hooks on a concrete hulled
fishing boat off the shore of Ensenada, Mexico about 35 years ago.

P.S: After several requests and no replies, I've come to the
conclusion that you don't want me to have your new email address.
C'est la vie.

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

List order? Refresh my poor sad lil memory. Ive been gone for a few
days.

Someone was put on some list and someone said they'd take care of it.
Got a scope cam? wink

--
The goal to strive for is a poor government but a rich people.

--Andrew Johnson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

List order? Refresh my poor sad lil memory. Ive been gone for a few
days.

Someone was put on some list and someone said they'd take care of it.
Got a scope cam? wink

I suspect Widdle Wuddy will discover the joys of cold steel, not blued
steel. Just a suspicion....nothing definate as of yet.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

List order? Refresh my poor sad lil memory. Ive been gone for a few
days.

Someone was put on some list and someone said they'd take care of it.
Got a scope cam? wink

I suspect Widdle Wuddy will discover the joys of cold steel, not blued
steel. Just a suspicion....nothing definate as of yet.

Nothing definite? How about, total bull****, as usual.

What email?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

List order? Refresh my poor sad lil memory. Ive been gone for a few
days.

Someone was put on some list and someone said they'd take care of it.
Got a scope cam? wink

I suspect Widdle Wuddy will discover the joys of cold steel, not blued
steel. Just a suspicion....nothing definate as of yet.

We *know* - not merely suspect - that once again, you are just blowing
hot air, or "woofing" as my friends in the 'hood used to call it.

There is no "list", there is no "someone to take care of it", no "cold
steel" - none of that. Every word of your goofy threats is bull****,
and we all know it.

Just to be on the safe side, however, every one of the threats has been
printed and snail-mailed to Lisa Green, the district attorney of Kern
County, http://www.co.kern.ca.us/da/#.V-QrAbEkpQI, and to Donny
Youngblood, Kern County sheriff,
http://www.kernsheriff.com/Pages/default.aspx

Keep it up, stupid heart-diseased clown. (Your antics, not your little
prick - we know that little gummy worm is non-functioning.)

---

*WHAT* ****ing email, you imminent-heart-attack clown?

--
VBG Cites? indeed $75/hr fascinating "I've not" buffoon "hold that
thought" backhoe "the list" cull 264mph "3/5/8 years street cop"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/21/2016 9:59 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

P.S: After several requests and no replies, I've come to the
conclusion that you don't want me to have your new email address.
C'est la vie.

--

I've sent it a number of times, can't begin to suspect what is wrong;
knotbrush-at-oh.rr.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:05:29 -0700, basketweaver for the deplorables
wrote:

We *know* - not merely suspect - that once again, you are just blowing
hot air, or "woofing" as my friends in the 'hood

Thats funny!

Friends? And "in da hood"

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There is no "list", there is no "someone to take care of it", no "cold
steel" - none of that. Every word of your goofy threats is bull****,
and we all know it.

Just to be on the safe side, however, every one of the threats has been
printed and snail-mailed to Lisa Green, the district attorney of Kern
County, http://www.co.kern.ca.us/da/#.V-QrAbEkpQI, and to Donny
Youngblood, Kern County sheriff,
http://www.kernsheriff.com/Pages/default.aspx

What threats were those?

Keep it up, stupid heart-diseased clown. (Your antics, not your little
prick - we know that little gummy worm is non-functioning.)

From someone who is "obviously superior to me"...sending "threats" to
the SO..thats absolutely hysterical!!

ROFLMOA!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying you couldnt overcome an attack from someone? Not even
a broken down old fart like me? Sure sounds that way to me. Shrug

(VBG)

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

List order? Refresh my poor sad lil memory. Ive been gone for a few
[...]

Yep. Those of us who aren't afraid - so afraid we have to run away to
hide in the "reddest county in the state" in a city with less than 5%
blacks - have actually had some involvement in rough areas. I don't
know a lot of people in Compton and Pacoima, but I know some, and they
say you're woofing. You are.

You're completely full of ****. Everyone knows it, including you.

--
VBG Cites? indeed $75/hr fascinating "I've not" buffoon "hold that
thought" backhoe "the list" cull 264mph "3/5/8 years street cop"
swingers "Libs" leftists
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There is no "list", there is no "someone to take care of it", no "cold
steel" - none of that. Every word of your goofy threats is bull****,
and we all know it.

Just to be on the safe side, however, every one of the threats has been
printed and snail-mailed to Lisa Green, the district attorney of Kern
County, http://www.co.kern.ca.us/da/#.V-QrAbEkpQI, and to Donny
Youngblood, Kern County sheriff,
http://www.kernsheriff.com/Pages/default.aspx

What threats were those?

Keep it up, stupid heart-diseased clown. (Your antics, not your little
prick - we know that little gummy worm is non-functioning.)

From someone who is "obviously superior to me"...sending "threats" to
the SO..thats absolutely hysterical!!

You're not laughing.

Are you saying you couldnt overcome an attack from someone? Not even
a broken down old fart like me?

I'm not worried in the least about anything instigated by you. We all
know there would never be anything. It's all bull****. You admit it.

--
VBG Cites? indeed $75/hr fascinating "I've not" buffoon "hold that
thought" backhoe "the list" cull 264mph "3/5/8 years street cop"
swingers "Libs" leftists
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:08:33 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Just to be on the safe side, however, every one of the threats has been
printed and snail-mailed to Lisa Green, the district attorney of Kern
County, http://www.co.kern.ca.us/da/#.V-QrAbEkpQI, and to Donny
Youngblood, Kern County sheriff,
http://www.kernsheriff.com/Pages/default.aspx

What threats were those?

Which reminds me....

So who are you and where do you live? Threats to an anonymous entity
on Usenet, using fraudulent data and header information?

Cant be much of a threat can it?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Puff out your chest little boy and pound it hard..you are such a
mensch!!

(VBG)

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Canadian Bacon that I smoke

What kind of pipe do you use? Or is it simply rolled in paper?

Prolly a bong, knowing Tawm.

Have you taken care of that list order yet? huh? huh? huh?

List order? Refresh my poor sad lil memory. Ive been gone for a few
days.

Someone was put on some list and someone said they'd take care of it.
Got a scope cam? wink

I suspect Widdle Wuddy will discover the joys of cold steel, not blued
steel. Just a suspicion....nothing definate as of yet.

Sort of like discovering a mythical backhoe out there in the desert
(used to bury dead bodies), or the 260 mph motorcycle, or any of the
other imagined devices that make Gunner such a object of derision.

This is actually a recognized mental condition described as "an
individual with this trait (termed a fantasizer) may have difficulty
differentiating between fantasy and reality and may experience
hallucinations, as well as self-suggested psychosomatic symptoms, it
is quite frequently a mental defense against the reality of being a
failure".

This condition is accurately described in the fiction account, "The
Secret Life of Walter Mitty" written by James Thurber and published in
"New Yorker" magazine in 1939.

So, rather than "Gunner Asch" it is, in reality, "Fantasizer Asch (the
failure)".
--
and a good day to you Sir,

The Mighty Ant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:44:43 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 9/21/2016 9:59 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

P.S: After several requests and no replies, I've come to the
conclusion that you don't want me to have your new email address.
C'est la vie.

--

I've sent it a number of times, can't begin to suspect what is wrong;
knotbrush-at-oh.rr.com

I scan my junk and trashfiles daily but never did see you.
Did you get my not-PC post just now? It appeared to go through.
Good!