DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   throwaway propane tank thread specs (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/400108-throwaway-propane-tank-thread-specs.html)

Cydrome Leader August 10th 16 05:48 PM

throwaway propane tank thread specs

Has anybody come across the actual specs for the fitting on throw away
propane tanks? It seems to be called a CGA 600 fitting and should be 1"x20
UNEF threaded, but past that I can't locate the actual dimensions.

Duping the tank side/male part off an existing tank should be easy enough,
but I still want to locate the spec, which seem elusive.

Terry Coombs[_2_] August 10th 16 06:22 PM

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Has anybody come across the actual specs for the fitting on throw away
propane tanks? It seems to be called a CGA 600 fitting and should be
1"x20 UNEF threaded, but past that I can't locate the actual
dimensions.

Duping the tank side/male part off an existing tank should be easy
enough, but I still want to locate the spec, which seem elusive.

Got a good caliper/micrometer and a thread guage ?
--
Snag

Ned Simmons August 10th 16 06:45 PM

throwaway propane tank thread specs

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:48:59 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Has anybody come across the actual specs for the fitting on throw away
propane tanks? It seems to be called a CGA 600 fitting and should be 1"x20
UNEF threaded, but past that I can't locate the actual dimensions.

Duping the tank side/male part off an existing tank should be easy enough,
but I still want to locate the spec, which seem elusive.

The dimensions for 1-20 UNEF threads are in Machinery's Handbook in
the Unified Screw Thread tables.

--
Ned Simmons