Old June 1st 16, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pellet Guns in Illinois

On Tue, 31 May 2016 17:34:44 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2016 00:18:37 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:01:49 +0700, The Mighty Ant
wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2016 18:34:52 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
m...
On Sun, 29 May 2016 14:50:03 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 5:57:18 PM UTC-4, RogerN wrote:
wrote in message

snip
Thanks to Chicago Democrat legislation I can buy a 50 caliber
semi-auto
firearm with over 10,000 ft-lbs energy but can't buy a 25 caliber air
rifle
with less than 50 ft. lb. energy. Even crazier, in Chicago you can't
get
sling shots or slingshot ammo, are they going to ban rocks also? If
they
find a forked stick and a rubber band will you re arrested for
attempting
make an illegal weapon? Can't Chicago Democrats be trusted with a
sling
shot?

Large modern places like Chicago don't want your crap over there, like
this:

That makes sense but keeping pellet guns out of the hands of people that
can
buy more powerful firearms is just plain stupid. I can mail order an
AR-15,
with 30 round magazines but can't order a bolt action pellet gun and
have it
shipped to Illinois. I can go to Missouri, Kentucky, or Indiana and buy
one
though. Illinois stupidity helps surrounding states, seriously, they
tax so
high businesses and citizens leave.

Another stupidity of Illinois, I can get a concealed carry permit o
carry a
gun but can't carry a switchblade knife. At least we have knives I can
open
with one hand these days.

RogerN

Do you think that it's possible that the lawmakers would prefer to also
ban the 30 round magazines and the AR 15 but were not able to get the
legislation through? I doubt seriously that, if you scratch the surface,
you'll find a vendetta against BB guns. This was probably a small part of
a much bigger bill.

The way those things generally happen is that they get tacked onto a
bill outlawing "dangerous weapons," along with brass knuckles, hand
grenades, and so on. That's what happened in NJ. I fought like hell
about it and even testified in a state Senate hearing to keep it from
being enacted. No joy.

But they were in a feeding frenzy. There are several other states --
in some cases, just particular counties -- that have banned
slingshots. And 18 states have outlawed them for hunting.

--
Ed Huntress

Actually, they're not outlawed in Illinois. As usual, Roger has his panties
in a bunch because he can't mail order them. .177s below 700fps are
considered toys and you get then at the toystore. Above 177 or above 700 fps
you have to get from a gun dealer.

Paul K. Dickman

Goodness! All you need to do is get in the car and drive down to the
store and whip out some money and buy one? A tremendous imposition!

But in reply to Ed's post. Do you mean that rubber band "sling shots"
are banned or the grown up versions with the strings and all?

Yup. Rubber-band slingshots are banned throughout the state. g

Some states outlaw the wrist-rocket type, with the piece that goes
over your wrist, but in NJ, it's all of them.

Remember, David did not kill Goliath with rubber bands :-)

You remind me of things that were said during the big controversy over
"dangerous weapons" here. Someone asked if slings were being outlawed.
The state senators seemed confused about the question. They're more of
the brass knuckles and blackjacks types, anyway.

Maybe someone should have asked about Crécy or Aquincourt. All king of
bad things out there :-)

Errr... "All kinD of" :-(
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 13th 19, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No they cant bro. IL dems cant be trusted and will always be corrupt. Our gov's and last pre confirm all of this. Corrupt corrupt corrupt. There are no true dems left. Cant wait to leave this state like everyone else. I hope chicago ends up like Detroit. **** IL and everyone that is supposedly in charge of this state.
Old June 13th 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This State is rediculous in all measures. Corruption and bad law will be the demise of this state. Theres not enough marijuana in the world to keep ppl here. **** YOU FAT ******* GOVERNOR