Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Value of 11 Linley jig borer MK 1A collets

I have 11 MK 1A collets I'm looking to sell. The issue I'm having is establishing an asking price. I have searched forums, completed eBay auctions trying to get an idea, no luck.
I'd like to get some opinions from the group
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 09:16:31 -0700 (PDT), Brian Bonser
wrote:

I have 11 MK 1A collets I'm looking to sell. The issue I'm having is establishing an asking price. I have searched forums, completed eBay auctions trying to get an idea, no luck.
I'd like to get some opinions from the group

I sold 20 of them last year for $100, after trying to sell them for
over 3 yrs.
Need more? I think I have a shoe box sized plastic bin with more of
them

Oh..need any Moore threaded jig bore tool holders? I have some of
them as well.

Same style as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOORE-JIG-BO...-/191846603216

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Brian Bonser, Kurt Sierens wrote:
If you still have these collets I may be interested in them.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ts-627600-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I have 11 MK 1A collets I'm looking to sell. The issue I'm having is establishing an asking price. I have searched forums, completed eBay auctions trying to get an idea, no luck.
I'd like to get some opinions from the group

I sold 20 of them last year for $100, after trying to sell them for
over 3 yrs.
Need more? I think I have a shoe box sized plastic bin with more of
them

Oh..need any Moore threaded jig bore tool holders? I have some of
them as well.

Same style as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOORE-JIG-BO...-/191846603216

Gunner

I have a later model Linley jig borer that I occasionally use. My dad and I used it in his tool and die shop in the '70s and sat in the back of my garage for years after he closed the shop and I moved away. It currently has a Jacobs chuck mounted in it. I replaced the motor with a VFD setup and it makes a truly excellent accurate drill press... I also have a bunch of collets. What I don't have is a collet (spanner) wrench to fit it or a separate collet nut (Since I don't have a wrench to remove it I cannot tell if I can remove the nut on the chuck to use with the collets). Do you have an extra collet nut for it? I think I can get a spanner wrench from McMasterCarr. I also need to find a replacement for the round rubber belt for the down feed drive .
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If you can take it off in one loop - there is a belt or 'rubber' company
in most towns of size. They can make anything or order it.
They normally work with companies but also work with people on a will
call basis.

Martin

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I sell such crap al the time, you can generally sell moore jig borer
collets for 15-20 apiece.

40 years ago this stuff was hot and popular. Now it is in runoff mode,
only sellable to curious tool collectors who have these jig borers but
do not really use them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nope..no wrenches..but they can be made easily enough.

---