DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dremel nosepiece thread (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/390677-re-dremel-nosepiece-thread.html)

6PTsocket February 19th 16 04:18 AM

Dremel nosepiece thread

replying to Bill Price, 6PTsocket wrote:
The thread is 3/4-12. That is absolutely correct. It is discussed in a lot of
places. It is a special thread, meaning it is not standard coarse or fine..
3/4 coarse thread is 3/4-10 and fine thread is 3/4-16. There are no regular
nuts you can buy. If threads are a mystery to you I won't even go into where
to buy a tap and tap drill. The pair would run you around $30. If you want to
go that way, just reply and I will go into the details

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ad-377835-.htm

Michael A. Terrell February 19th 16 06:38 AM

Dremel nosepiece thread

6PTsocket wrote:

replying to Bill Price, 6PTsocket wrote:
The thread is 3/4-12. That is absolutely correct. It is discussed in a lot of
places. It is a special thread, meaning it is not standard coarse or fine..
3/4 coarse thread is 3/4-10 and fine thread is 3/4-16. There are no regular
nuts you can buy. If threads are a mystery to you I won't even go into where
to buy a tap and tap drill. The pair would run you around $30. If you want to
go that way, just reply and I will go into the details

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ad-377835-.htm
using PolyTechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

You replied to a post that is over 11 years old. Do you think that he
is still waiting for a reply to an old Usenet post?

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:48:23 -0500
From: "Bill Price"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

gomose December 29th 17 06:18 PM

Dremel nosepiece thread

replying to 6PTsocket, gomose wrote:
Not true, it is a standard thread but BRITISH STANDARD ie 3/4" BSF.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/metalw...ad-377835-.htm