DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Reiling Pump Oil Can (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/390181-reiling-pump-oil-can.html)

Joseph Gwinn February 7th 16 11:10 PM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

I recently purchased a Reilang pump oiler (made in Switzerland) and bought
directly from Germany, and find it to be far better than anything Ive
found in the US, wherever made. Details are he

..http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...il-can-315896-
post2708549/#post2708549

Joe Gwinn

Christopher Tidy February 7th 16 11:17 PM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.

Joseph Gwinn February 7th 16 11:30 PM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

On Feb 7, 2016, Christopher Tidy wrote
(in ):

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being
frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it
down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the
ball valves.

Given that the oiler only works when upside-down, its probably the valve
at the very bottom, where water will collect. That ball is exposed. Unscrew
the pump assembly from the body and push the protruding ball against the
table, but not so hard as to distort the seat. That should break the ball
loose. The other ball is harder to get to, but still not all that difficult.

The diagram in the original patent is pretty clear: US Patent 2,765,963
toReinhold Langguth (Reilang is a contraction of his name). Haussmann bought
Langguths company, and they are proud of it.

Get a copy of2,765,963 from Google patents.

Joe Gwinn

[email protected] February 8th 16 01:57 AM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

On Sun, 7 Feb 2016 15:17:24 -0800 (PST), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.

My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty
cents a couple years back.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Christopher Tidy February 8th 16 02:26 AM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

Am Montag, 8. Februar 2016 00:30:03 UTC+1 schrieb Joseph Gwinn:
[...]

Thanks. I'll take a look at the can tomorrow.

Gunner Asch[_6_] February 12th 16 08:19 PM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

wrote:

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.

My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty
cents a couple years back.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Got a couple of the Goldenrods..darned good oilers!!

[email protected] February 13th 16 02:12 AM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

wrote:

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.

My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty
cents a couple years back.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Got a couple of the Goldenrods..darned good oilers!!

I consider it to be a VERY good investment.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Joseph Gwinn February 13th 16 11:24 PM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

wrote:

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.

My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty
cents a couple years back.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Got a couple of the Goldenrods..darned good oilers!!

The old ones were good, it seems. The ones made now (I have a few) are
not all that good.

Joe Gwinn

whit3rd February 14th 16 07:06 AM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

wrote:

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can....

My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty
cents a couple years back.

Got a couple of the Goldenrods..darned good oilers!!

The old ones were good, it seems. The ones made now (I have a few) are
not all that good.

Maybe they'll improve if you work some oil into 'em for a few decades?

Gunner Asch[_6_] February 20th 16 11:07 PM

Reiling Pump Oil Can

wrote:

I have the Reilang "Profi" oil can. It went for a year or two without being frequently used, and now it only pumps when upside down. I need to strip it down and find the problem. I suspect that a drop of water got into one of the ball valves.
My favorite is a "Goldenrod" dated 1948 in which I invested fifty
cents a couple years back.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Got a couple of the Goldenrods..darned good oilers!!

The old ones were good, it seems. The ones made now (I have a few) are
not all that good.

Joe Gwinn

I also like "Eagle" oilers..but only older ones

Gunner