DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Back After Ten Years (or so) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/388420-back-after-ten-years-so.html)

Laf Fal December 26th 15 12:11 AM

Back After Ten Years (or so)

Last followed this group via usenet 10 or so years ago and have just rediscovered it via Google Groups. Two things immediately noted:

"Gunner" seems to be gone.

It's still infested by BDRs (I guess some things never change :()

Too bad really - the on topic posts were (are?) v useful...

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] December 26th 15 01:21 AM

Back After Ten Years (or so)

Laf Fal fired this volley in
:

Last followed this group via usenet 10 or so years ago and have just
rediscovered it via Google Groups. Two things immediately noted:

"Gunner" seems to be gone.

Hmmm... you must not have gone TOO far back in the group history, since
Gunner posted some things in the last week, or so.

The single most-destructive thing to intelligent discourse here is that
our community mental-defective, Jon Banquer, is still here, although he
tells the world that ANYONE who EVER uses the USENETS is a total loser!

Almost everyone except a few users who like to argue with him have
plonked him completely, and you'd be well-advised to do so the first time
you see him post or respond. Those few keep rehashing his stupidity, and
he even answers his own posts under a couple of pseudonyms, so we still
have to endure some of it.

Lloyd

Gunner Asch[_6_] December 26th 15 02:44 AM

Back After Ten Years (or so)

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 16:11:03 -0800 (PST), Laf Fal
wrote:

Last followed this group via usenet 10 or so years ago and have just rediscovered it via Google Groups. Two things immediately noted:

"Gunner" seems to be gone.

It's still infested by BDRs (I guess some things never change :()

Too bad really - the on topic posts were (are?) v useful...

Really? So where did I go?

And what nym did you use 10 yrs ago?

Gunner

jon_banquer[_2_] December 26th 15 05:35 AM

Back After Ten Years (or so)

On Friday, December 25, 2015 at 4:11:16 PM UTC-8, Laf Fal wrote:
Last followed this group via usenet 10 or so years ago and have just rediscovered it via Google Groups. Two things immediately noted:

"Gunner" seems to be gone.

It's still infested by BDRs (I guess some things never change :()

Too bad really - the on topic posts were (are?) v useful...

This group has been totally destroyed. The majority of quality machining and CADCAM content is now on better run LinkedIn groups like my group: CADCAM Technology Leaders. LinkedIn groups are far better than this group ever was even in its heyday.

What destroyed this group was Mark Wieber cross posting to survival and political groups. Since Wieber had a stroke he's next to useless and lies worse than ever.

I stick around to make life pure hell for lying **** bags and frauds like slow eddy.

Mark Wieber's clique of idiots now dominate this group:

Uncle Loud, Larry Jackass, Tom Gardner, iggy poop, etc... all worthless sacks of **** that are totally out of touch with reality.

jon_banquer[_2_] December 26th 15 05:37 AM

Back After Ten Years (or so)

On Friday, December 25, 2015 at 5:21:49 PM UTC-8, Uncle Loud lied as per usual. Uncle Loud knows he's my bitch and that I own him: