Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:28:41 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

wrote in message
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but
not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat
lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what
would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish
salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce,
tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a
pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than
slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

Order something small and light if you are the one trying to make the sale.
Order what you like if they are trying to sell you.

Yeah, if you're selling (generally) don't order anything messy,
smelly, noisy or too showey (flaming anything) or that might turn
someone's stomach (anything with tentacles, raw meat or excessive
blood I guess- I eat pretty much anything).

As Bob says.. something light. If you're starving you can always go
get a burger *after* the contract is signed.

If you're selling and they're paying (it happens), don't order the
most expensive thing and don't order dessert unless they do.

If you're unfamiliar with the restaurant, check out the menu online
beforehand and decide what to order without pressure. Or even give
them a call if there are questions (so you don't have to discuss food
allergies or something like that with the server- you can just give a
simple instruction if required - 'no garlic' or whatever).

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yeah, if you're selling (generally) don't order anything messy,
smelly, noisy or too showey (flaming anything) or that might turn
someone's stomach (anything with tentacles, raw meat or excessive
blood I guess- I eat pretty much anything).

As Bob says.. something light. If you're starving you can always go
get a burger *after* the contract is signed.

If you're selling and they're paying (it happens), don't order the
most expensive thing and don't order dessert unless they do.

If you're unfamiliar with the restaurant, check out the menu online
beforehand and decide what to order without pressure. Or even give
them a call if there are questions (so you don't have to discuss food
allergies or something like that with the server- you can just give a
simple instruction if required - 'no garlic' or whatever).

It turns out I won't meet anyone, so never mind.

A's lunch polygonum UK diy 5 April 14th 14 09:20 AM
Unlucky lunch eastender[_4_] UK diy 12 March 19th 13 01:57 PM
Old wooden lunch box Sonnich Jensen Woodworking 2 October 15th 12 04:39 PM
OT - Did you hear the one about Obama has lunch with 4 presidents... [email protected] Metalworking 0 January 8th 09 12:25 AM
How I spent my lunch hour Stupendous Man Metalworking 5 May 16th 08 02:56 AM