Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Propane hose heat resistant?

I'm sure it is, just double checking.

I put a basic torch head (BernzoMatic JT680) on an extension hose
(Bernzomatic 334246/WH0159).

The brass torch head gets too hot, so I put a handle on it. The heat is
still going to reach the rubber extension hose. But I suspect the heat
transfer is no different than when using a more expensive torch head that
includes a plastic handle. So the rubber hose must be heat resistant?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/27/2015 12:59 AM, John Doe wrote:
The brass torch head gets too hot, so I put a handle on it. ...

The valve end of the torch should not get that hot. The air drawn in
the middle of the tube should cool it. The valve end can't be too hot
to touch & hence not too hot for the hose.

If your torch is getting that hot, something is wrong. Such as ignition
inside the torch. The propane should be burning just off the end of the
torch.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:
I'm sure it is, just double checking.

I put a basic torch head (BernzoMatic JT680) on an extension hose
(Bernzomatic 334246/WH0159).

The brass torch head gets too hot, so I put a handle on it. The heat is
still going to reach the rubber extension hose. But I suspect the heat
transfer is no different than when using a more expensive torch head that
includes a plastic handle. So the rubber hose must be heat resistant?

Something is wrong. The torch head should not get hot.

Are you running the flame way too low, or is there some sort of combustion
happening by the orifice and air holes? Is the torch sounding really loud?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I'm sure it is, just double checking.

I put a basic torch head (BernzoMatic JT680) on an extension hose
(Bernzomatic 334246/WH0159).

The brass torch head gets too hot, so I put a handle on it. The heat
is still going to reach the rubber extension hose. But I suspect the
heat transfer is no different than when using a more expensive torch
head that includes a plastic handle. So the rubber hose must be heat
resistant?

Something is wrong. The torch head should not get hot.

Are you running the flame way too low,

I guess. Running it on full seems to solve the heating problem.

--

or is there some sort of combustion happening by the orifice and air
holes? Is the torch sounding really loud?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I'm sure it is, just double checking.

I put a basic torch head (BernzoMatic JT680) on an extension hose
(Bernzomatic 334246/WH0159).

The brass torch head gets too hot, so I put a handle on it. The heat
is still going to reach the rubber extension hose. But I suspect the
heat transfer is no different than when using a more expensive torch
head that includes a plastic handle. So the rubber hose must be heat
resistant?

Something is wrong. The torch head should not get hot.

Are you running the flame way too low,

I guess. Running it on full seems to solve the heating problem.

Great news. Propane torches are sort of an on or off type thing. The very
adjustable knob is to compensate for hot/cold/running empty-ish tanks.

heat sun resistant varnish? Mr Sandman[_4_] UK diy 7 October 22nd 15 11:12 AM
Heat resistant plywood Aaron Fude Home Repair 10 February 23rd 13 11:24 PM
I want to switch from propane heat to a heat pump, any concerns? Mac Cool Home Repair 25 September 2nd 08 11:05 PM
Heat resistant filler cj UK diy 2 September 29th 07 06:29 PM
heat resistant board Dave UK diy 5 July 7th 03 02:53 PM