DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Richard Lamb (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/386355-richard-lamb.html)

cavelamb October 23rd 15 07:58 PM

Richard Lamb

Hi Tracy,

Nedla LaCour gave me your number.

We are selling out home - closing on the 30th -
and don't yet have a place to move into!
Nelda said don't worry about commission on this.

We are looking to rent a house or apartment in Tyler
south west art of town?

But need to get something set up pretty soon.

Appreciate your help!

Richard Lamb

903-646-2416

Ed Huntress October 23rd 15 11:19 PM

Richard Lamb

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:58:13 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Hi Tracy,

Nedla LaCour gave me your number.

We are selling out home - closing on the 30th -
and don't yet have a place to move into!
Nelda said don't worry about commission on this.

We are looking to rent a house or apartment in Tyler
south west art of town?

But need to get something set up pretty soon.

Appreciate your help!

Richard Lamb

903-646-2416

oops...

Hey, Richard, if you're moving near Tyler and if you want to see an
interesting car, my old college roommate is there and he has one of
the very few Lotus 7 Mk. IV's ever to land in North America. I could
give you his number.

If you're into old club racers, it's very cool. If not, it's weird.

Ed Huntress

Paul Drahn October 24th 15 03:22 AM

Richard Lamb

wrote:

Hi Tracy,

Nedla LaCour gave me your number.

We are selling out home - closing on the 30th -
and don't yet have a place to move into!
Nelda said don't worry about commission on this.

We are looking to rent a house or apartment in Tyler
south west art of town?

But need to get something set up pretty soon.

Appreciate your help!

Richard Lamb

903-646-2416

oops...

Hey, Richard, if you're moving near Tyler and if you want to see an
interesting car, my old college roommate is there and he has one of
the very few Lotus 7 Mk. IV's ever to land in North America. I could
give you his number.

If you're into old club racers, it's very cool. If not, it's weird.

I HATE the Lotus 7. Many years ago there was one at dealer in Portland,
Oregon. I was able to fit into the seat, but my feet would not fit where
the pedals were located. Such a beautiful car.

My brother tells about a stop light drag race he saw in Salem Oregon
between a Lotus 7 and a Corvette. Corvette didn't stand a chance.

Paul

Ed Huntress October 24th 15 01:20 PM

Richard Lamb

wrote:

[...]

Ergonomics was not their strong suit. g Car & Driver described
sitting in a Mk IV as "like being gripped in the jaws of an enraged
clam."

My brother tells about a stop light drag race he saw in Salem Oregon
between a Lotus 7 and a Corvette. Corvette didn't stand a chance.

Paul

At roughly 1,000 - 1,300 lb, depending on the Series, 150 hp could
give you quite a thrill.

--
Ed Huntress

David Billington[_2_] October 24th 15 01:55 PM

Richard Lamb

wrote:

[...]

They're quick upto a point then the aerodynamics kick in. A mate has one
and he has gone up against some quick cars and said it was good up to
about 60mph but lost out after that and the other car with superior
aerodynamics took the lead. Likely the same with the vette, short drag
goes to the Lotus, longer one and the vette is likely to be the winner.

Ed Huntress October 24th 15 02:22 PM

Richard Lamb

wrote:

[...]

For sure. The Lotus 7's aerodynamics are atrocious. Their Cd is around
0.7. A Hummer H2 is 0.56. There are 18-wheelers with a lower Cd than a
Lotus 7.

Like a lot of club racers from the '50s, it was designed for
short-track club races, where light weight and acceleration were far
more important than high-speed performance. The 7 makes up for it
somewhat by having a very small frontal area, so the total drag is not
particularly high. But it's still going to be limited by speed.

--
Ed Huntress

cavelamb October 26th 15 05:40 AM

Richard Lamb

Hey, Richard, if you're moving near Tyler and if you want to see an
interesting car, my old college roommate is there and he has one of
the very few Lotus 7 Mk. IV's ever to land in North America. I could
give you his number.

If you're into old club racers, it's very cool. If not, it's weird.

Hi Ed.

Thanks, we'll see when we see.

Tyler is a possibility - there is a fair sized lake near by.
Sailing is still good for the soul.

Also considering moving north some.
Get away from the heat this summer.
It's nearly November and still hitting 90s.

The main thing is to get out of the
metroplex and cash in on the housing bubble at the same time.
You would not believe how that's paying off!