DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Heavy Metal Climbing? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/386181-heavy-metal-climbing.html)

Larry Jaques[_4_] October 18th 15 08:25 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

I wonder if Ig can tell us what they're saying.
(They sound Russian to me, anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U

I don't think I'd have made that climb in me yout.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Jon Anderson[_3_] October 18th 15 09:16 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

On 10/19/2015 6:25 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I wonder if Ig can tell us what they're saying.
(They sound Russian to me, anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U

Cripes, I got vertigo just watching them....

Jon

Ignoramus9205 October 19th 15 12:23 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

They are not saying much, just climbing Shanghai tower using various
safety ladders and then a tower crane jib. I heard them advising each
other.

There are also Russian teenagers who like to ride trains on the roof.

https://goo.gl/KObmsH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0e-dy8n1U&t=3m

Most of these trains are electric, powered by overhead wires.

Larry Jaques[_4_] October 19th 15 08:30 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 06:23:46 -0500, Ignoramus9205
wrote:

They are not saying much, just climbing Shanghai tower using various
safety ladders and then a tower crane jib. I heard them advising each
other.

There are also Russian teenagers who like to ride trains on the roof.

https://goo.gl/KObmsH

Ayup, crazy mofos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0e-dy8n1U&t=3m

Most of these trains are electric, powered by overhead wires.

They do it differently in India.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdt9IldqVD4
Oops!

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln

Ignoramus9205 October 19th 15 11:19 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

wrote:

They are not saying much, just climbing Shanghai tower using various
safety ladders and then a tower crane jib. I heard them advising each
other.

There are also Russian teenagers who like to ride trains on the roof.

https://goo.gl/KObmsH

Ayup, crazy mofos.

I will show it to my kids tonight.

Joe gwinn October 20th 15 02:53 AM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

wrote:

They are not saying much, just climbing Shanghai tower using various
safety ladders and then a tower crane jib. I heard them advising each
other.

There are also Russian teenagers who like to ride trains on the roof.

https://goo.gl/KObmsH

Ayup, crazy mofos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0e-dy8n1U&t=3m

Most of these trains are electric, powered by overhead wires.

They do it differently in India.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdt9IldqVD4
Oops!

No, suicide. They were trying to talk him out of it, to no avail.

That overhead wire is at 25 KV.

Joe Gwinn

Larry Jaques[_4_] October 20th 15 03:47 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:53:21 -0400, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

wrote:

They are not saying much, just climbing Shanghai tower using various
safety ladders and then a tower crane jib. I heard them advising each
other.

There are also Russian teenagers who like to ride trains on the roof.

https://goo.gl/KObmsH

Ayup, crazy mofos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0e-dy8n1U&t=3m

Most of these trains are electric, powered by overhead wires.

They do it differently in India.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdt9IldqVD4
Oops!

No, suicide. They were trying to talk him out of it, to no avail.

That overhead wire is at 25 KV.

I'll bet that 0.732 seconds it took to totally dessicate him seemed to
take _forever_ while he died.

Jon Danniken[_7_] October 20th 15 10:19 PM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

On 10/18/2015 12:25 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I wonder if Ig can tell us what they're saying.
(They sound Russian to me, anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U

I don't think I'd have made that climb in me yout.

Imagine the videos we would have if these guys had cameras:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch_atop_a_Skyscraper

Jon

Ignoramus30230 October 21st 15 02:33 AM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

On 2015-10-20, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 10/18/2015 12:25 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I wonder if Ig can tell us what they're saying.
(They sound Russian to me, anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U

I don't think I'd have made that climb in me yout.

Imagine the videos we would have if these guys had cameras:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch_atop_a_Skyscraper

OSHA fine, $77,000 ($7,000 per serious violation multiplied by 11
workers)

Joe gwinn October 21st 15 02:48 AM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 21:53:21 -0400, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

wrote:

They are not saying much, just climbing Shanghai tower using various
safety ladders and then a tower crane jib. I heard them advising each
other.

There are also Russian teenagers who like to ride trains on the roof.

https://goo.gl/KObmsH

Ayup, crazy mofos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0e-dy8n1U&t=3m

Most of these trains are electric, powered by overhead wires.

They do it differently in India.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdt9IldqVD4
Oops!

No, suicide. They were trying to talk him out of it, to no avail.

That overhead wire is at 25 KV.

I'll bet that [the] 0.732 seconds it took to totally dessicate him seemed to
take _forever_ while he died.

I doubt he felt a thing - the electrical surge will have prevented any
and all brain function.

Joe Gwinn

Larry Jaques[_4_] October 21st 15 05:47 AM

Heavy Metal Climbing?

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:19:07 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 10/18/2015 12:25 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I wonder if Ig can tell us what they're saying.
(They sound Russian to me, anyway.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U

I don't think I'd have made that climb in me yout.

Imagine the videos we would have if these guys had cameras:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch_atop_a_Skyscraper

The videos we have, like for the Golden Gate Bridge and Empire State
Building, were great...and scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKU1PTyHtbM

Imagine being a riveter inside a ship or the GGB tower. Talk about
deafening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C6AxFnbC7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi6W7jHx7zY

Lots more there on Youtube.