DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   talyvel repair - has anyone ever replaced the pendulum wires? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/385697-talyvel-repair-has-anyone-ever-replaced-pendulum-wires.html)

Ian Webb October 5th 15 08:18 PM

talyvel repair - has anyone ever replaced the pendulum wires?

I have a Talyvel 1 with a broken wire in the sensor unit

Has anyone experience in repairing the unit or is there a workshop manual
available

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...es-621719-.htm

Jon Elson[_3_] October 5th 15 11:51 PM

Ian Webb wrote:

I have a Talyvel 1 with a broken wire in the sensor unit

Has anyone experience in repairing the unit or is there a workshop manual
available

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

YIKES!!! I dropped mine off a lathe bed and it fell into the drip pan.
Amazingly, no damage I could tell. They are tougher than I would have ever
expected.

I have looked at the wires, they look thinner than hair. I think all 5
wires have to be the same length so the pendulum swings in only one axis. I
have no idea how they adjust them so they are all taut at the same time.
I have a Talyvel 3, I'm only guessing the sensor is built roughly the same
way.

Jon

Ian Webb October 6th 15 08:18 PM

replying to Jon Elson , Ian Webb wrote:
jmelson wrote:

YIKES!!! I dropped mine off a lathe bed and it fell into the drip pan.
Amazingly, no damage I could tell. They are tougher than I would have

ever
expected.
I have looked at the wires, they look thinner than hair. I think all 5
wires have to be the same length so the pendulum swings in only one axis.

have no idea how they adjust them so they are all taut at the same time.
I have a Talyvel 3, I'm only guessing the sensor is built roughly the same

way.
Jon

Hi Jon
Thanks for replying
Consider yourself very lucky as I may have a pricey repair if I don't get
some leads from you guys with a bit more experience than myself
Regards
Ian