Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Auctioneers raided by the FBI has some of my money hanging in thebalance

http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...eting-millions

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am
wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently, pocketing
some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

``The FBI raided Stuart, Millner, and Associates after a source close
to the investigation claims the owner allegedly pocketed money to live
a lavish lifestyle.

The investigation is focusing on the owner, Stuart Millner, whose
company has held auctions for major corporations across the
country. The companys success has allowed Millner to afford a
six-bedroom home in Union. Its now on the market with an asking
price of $1.6 million.

Sources close to investigation say Millners wealth came in part
from him allegedly keeping more of the proceeds of auctions than he
was supposed to. The money was supposed to go to clients. FBI
officials wouldnt comment on the accusations.

News 4 reached out to speak to a man who matched the owners
description to get a comment and asked if he was Stuart Millner. The
man walked away when the name was mentioned.''
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus30649" wrote in
message ...
http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...eting-millions

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am
wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently,
pocketing
some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

``The FBI raided Stuart, Millner, and Associates after a source
close
to the investigation claims the owner allegedly pocketed money to
live
a lavish lifestyle.

The investigation is focusing on the owner, Stuart Millner, whose
company has held auctions for major corporations across the
country. The company?Ts success has allowed Millner to afford a
six-bedroom home in Union. It?Ts now on the market with an asking
price of $1.6 million.

Sources close to investigation say Millner?Ts wealth came in part
from him allegedly keeping more of the proceeds of auctions than he
was supposed to. The money was supposed to go to clients. FBI
officials wouldn?Tt comment on the accusations.

News 4 reached out to speak to a man who matched the owner?Ts
description to get a comment and asked if he was Stuart Millner. The
man walked away when the name was mentioned.''

https://www.fbi.gov/chicago/contact-us/contact

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:12:46 -0500, Ignoramus30649 wrote:

http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...usiness-owner-

accused-of-pocketing-millions

[...]

You're probably screwed, at least in the short term. Like Jim suggests
you can call the local FBI -- you probably won't be the only one in that
situation. Just speak clearly and tell the whole truth.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/31/2015 3:12 PM, Ignoramus30649 wrote:
http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...eting-millions

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am
wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently, pocketing
some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

And you haven't picked up the stuff yet, right? Has it been recent
enough that you can stop payment on the check?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 8/31/2015 3:12 PM, Ignoramus30649 wrote:
http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...eting-millions

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am
wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently, pocketing
some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

And you haven't picked up the stuff yet, right? Has it been recent
enough that you can stop payment on the check?

It was a wire transfer...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 8/31/2015 3:12 PM, Ignoramus30649 wrote:
http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...eting-millions

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am
wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently, pocketing
some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

And you haven't picked up the stuff yet, right? Has it been recent
enough that you can stop payment on the check?

It was a wire transfer...

A lot of variables in play, the article says an arrest was made. No mention
of any asset seizures. You may end up getting your purchase if the business
is not encumbered by the arrest. There really isn't enough information to
determine whets going on. You can try to pick up purchase or have it
shipped to you and see what happens.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 8/31/2015 3:12 PM, Ignoramus30649 wrote:
http://www.kmov.com/story/29910685/f...eting-millions

I just sent him $3k for some recent auction purchase. Now I am
wondering what will happen to my money. He was, apparently, pocketing
some of his clients' money that was proceeds of auction sales.

And you haven't picked up the stuff yet, right? Has it been recent
enough that you can stop payment on the check?

It was a wire transfer...

A lot of variables in play, the article says an arrest was made. No mention
of any asset seizures. You may end up getting your purchase if the business
is not encumbered by the arrest. There really isn't enough information to
determine whets going on. You can try to pick up purchase or have it
shipped to you and see what happens.

Already tried to pick-up, nothing is being released, this is how I
found out about the FBI raid.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
[...]

Your in for the long haul. Could take years for the feds to release
your purchase/money. Considering the small ammount of money
involved it may not be worth pursuing.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
[...]

It is MY money and it is always worth pursuing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 7:50:25 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus32247 wrote:

Already tried to pick-up, nothing is being released, this is how I
found out about the FBI raid.

Your in for the long haul. Could take years for the feds to release
your purchase/money. Considering the small ammount of money
involved it may not be worth pursuing.

It is MY money and it is always worth pursuing.

I would try to pursue picking up the merchandise. Find out where the merchandise is being held and who is paying for the storage charges. Who ever is paying for storage ought to be on your side.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
[...]

I understand it's your money and you want your merchandise or your money.
I am just saying that the cost to recover your money could easily exceed 3K.

Here is a little info.
Watson Road Holding Corp. d/b/a Stuart B. Millner & Associates

Seems they have frequent legal problems according to justia.

https://www.justia.com/search?cx=004...=Search+Justia

Best Regards

Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 2:12:48 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus30649 wrote:
[...]

Please contact me regarding the above issue. I represent Millner's Client from their most recent auctions. We are collecting information regarding the purchases and money transfers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
[...]

You found some amazing stuff, thanks a lot

Reads like a detective novel

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2015-09-01, azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus30649" wrote in
message
On 2015-09-01, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
[...]

Your welcome. Hopefully the information will lead to a positive outcome for
you.
Justia is the best tool i found for checking the federal docket.

Best Regards
Tom.