Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hypertherm Max100 burns Pac130 plasma torch

The Air is DRY and Filtered. If you have iron or any other dust
the current might be arcing in the dust.

Need a dryer - even a low cost import kind is better than nothing.
Mechanical dryer and mechanical filter.

Many use Nitrogen or compressed air. Some torches use two 'gasses'.

The Pac130 is for a 180 as I recall. I have one maybe. I use a larger
torch on mine.

Martin

On 8/18/2015 10:41 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
Ignoramus22522 wrote:

I have a Hypertherm plasma cutter with Pac130 torch. It was working
when I bought it a few years ago.

Now it does not work, specifically, it does work, but starts an arc
INSIDE the torch and burns the torch, instead of starting the arc
and burning through the work.

I do have ground connected. Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks

I have no experience with these things, but you have to have the air supply
working. Any possibility there is an air leak, like a loose fitting or
broken hose inside the hose/wire bundle?

I think the arc normally forms inside the torch head, and depends on the air
to blow the arc out of the torch.

Jon