Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Miniature end mill help

On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 8:29:57 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
Correction:

Nowhere is where you are trying to use 1/8" HSS end mills.

That's were you will stay until you stop trying to trip over a dollar to get to a penny.

I'm 53 years old. Thanks for the compliment Grandpa.

Impressionable youngsters tend to be obsessed with impressing regardless of actual chronological age. Guys like you are still boys, albeit with costlier toys.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 6:28:59 AM UTC-7, oparr wrote:

Impressionable youngsters tend to be obsessed with impressing regardless of actual chronological age. Guys like you are still boys, albeit with costlier toys.

Those would be costlier toys that no one in their right mind would trust you to program, setup or operate:

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Time to put down the shovel. All you're doing is digging yourself a deeper hole.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 9:36:58 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
Those would be costlier toys that no one in their right mind would trust you to program, setup or operate:

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

Time to put down the shovel. All you're doing is digging yourself a deeper hole.

This sandbox is too shallow for that.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 6:43:52 AM UTC-7, oparr wrote:

This sandbox is too shallow for that.

So is your ability to comprehend what others are telling you who have the experience you clearly don't.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:51:02 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Are you gonna sit there and take that, Jon? g

Heh! Wouldn't matter. I have had that moron blocked for at least a year,
now. The only time I see his brainless natter is when folks quote him! G

No, it was Jon _Elson_ who posted that. Banquer has been in my
filters for years and years.

--
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 6:50:47 AM UTC-7, Larry Jackass wrote:

No, it was Jon _Elson_ who posted that. Banquer has been in my
filters for years and years.

Yet another reason Larry Jackass remains utterly clueless.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I do several types of plastic and several types of steel and brass.

Manual engraving machine. I have a grinder and haven't yet got it out.

I have diamond and burnishing. Mostly D's.

I have solid carbide and HSS. It turns right fast.

I've never tried twist flutes. Used tiny 5 mil and 3 mil when
milling PCB but these are like 5" long .125" diameter. I'll have
to go to a center grind shop and get a nice blank. Then cutoff
and grind the ends. Hum..

Martin

On 8/16/2015 10:59 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 22:29:02 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Rats, All way to short.
I'm milling plastic. Use D drills and mills.

Martin

If you are milling plastic..you dont need carbide, unless they are
something like MolyD Delrin..and even then its questionable

There has to be a cutter and tool grinder in your vicinity. Have him
make you up a few cutters. Its not hard and you can spec anything
special you want. Might cost you $35-50 for the first one (set up)
but the rest will be cheaper.

And they can make them any length you require. I had some drills made
up for one of my people last year.... .259x 11"

GUnner

On 8/16/2015 2:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"oparr" wrote in message
On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 11:56:15 AM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
This is who I deal with. All carbide:

http://www.harveytool.com/cat/Signat...ducts_177.aspx

Only 1/8" shank diameter and on the pricy side. Thanks anyway.

To be fair, (and I geez can't believe I am agreeing with jonnie) the
Harvey tool end mills are really good stuff. I think they make up for
their price in reduced cutter breakage. I don't buy all Harvey too, but
they make up a large percentage of my specialty stuff.