DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   they think I'm the evil one if I want a return on my investmentin themStarbucks (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/382160-re-they-think-im-evil-one-if-i-want-return-my-investmentin-them-starbucks.html)

[email protected] August 6th 15 03:52 AM

they think I'm the evil one if I want a return on my investmentin themStarbucks

On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 6:38:28 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

That isn't MY logic, bub. That's the noise in your head. Wages are
scaled from a floor, which, since 1938, has been set by law.

--
Ed Huntre

Actually you are wrong. The original minimum wage only applied to those in interstate commerce. This changed in about 1950 when the federal government claimed almost everyone was engaged in interstate commerce. Ruling that restaurants that were not chains might serve someone that was from another state and therefore they were engaged in interstate commerce. So prior to about 1950 the federal minimum wage did not apply to most workers.

Dan