Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A Zimbabwean Just Dropped A Truth Bomb About Cecil The Lion ThatAmericans Need To See

Good for him. Often the xxxx have such great love for the darnest things.

If the Lion was in fact, and I doubt it, a prized animal it should have
been plainly tagged. The tag was only visible once the lion was shot.

I've seen pet deer tinted multicolor during hunting season. If you can't
get up close because the sucker will kill you - paint-ball it
to ID a zoo like 'pet'.

Martin

On 8/5/2015 1:28 PM, raykeller wrote:
http://www.westernjournalism.com/a-z...s-need-to-see/

A Zimbabwean Just Dropped A Truth Bomb About Cecil The Lion That Americans
Need To See

As much of America continues to demonize the Minnesota dentist who killed an
African lion named Cecil during a recent expedition, one Wake Forest
University doctoral student shared his unique perspective on the subject.
Zimbabwean Goodwell Nzou said he began receiving social media condolences
shortly after Cecil's death.

"Cecil who? I wondered," he wrote in a recent New York Times editorial.
"When I turned on the news and discovered that the messages were about a
lion killed by an American dentist, the village boy inside me instinctively
cheered: One lion fewer to menace families like mine."

He cited the widespread condemnation the hunter received from domestic
sources - including one histrionic monologue by talk show host Jimmy
Kimmel - in making his point that many Americans have romanticized lions
while ignoring the reality.
In my village in Zimbabwe," he wrote, "surrounded by wildlife conservation
areas, no lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname.
They are objects of terror."

He went on to recall his childhood, particularly one incident during which a
lion entered his village, killed several farm animals and redefined how he
and his siblings ventured outside of the home from that point on. His uncle
was injured in a lion attack a short time later, he noted, and the threat
soon became so immediate that "no one dared stroll over to a neighbor's
homestead."

It was the American "tendency to romanticize animals," he concluded, that
turned an otherwise ordinary hunting expedition into "what seems to my
Zimbabwean eyes an absurdist circus."

reviving a Lion? Toiler UK diy 9 October 29th 13 07:53 AM
Running a 18volt li-lion battery novel8 Home Repair 6 June 14th 10 12:56 AM
Mountain Lion In Pennsyltucky1 (0/1) Tom Watson Woodworking Plans and Photos 8 June 5th 08 03:17 PM
Mountain Lion In Pennsyltucky1 (1/1) Tom Watson Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 June 5th 08 12:42 PM
The No Yankee Workshop - Cecil B. Demillwork - and the future of newsgroups... Tom Watson Woodworking 31 January 25th 05 03:20 PM