DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Taking down a bridge crane (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/382129-taking-down-bridge-crane.html)

Ignoramus8903 July 31st 15 03:32 PM

Taking down a bridge crane

A while ago, I was asking how to take bridge cranes down. Got some
flack from some newsgroup members.

Finally, in the last couple of days, I had to take an actual one down,
a 5 ton double girder crane. I had to come up with something that
would work and would be safe.

Here are some pictures from that operation:

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...-Bridge-Crane/

Larry Jaques[_4_] August 1st 15 05:32 AM

Taking down a bridge crane

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 21:55:22 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Good job. Nice unit. Martin

+1 on that, Ig. Are you able to sell some of these, or are you just
scrapping most of it for the steel value/motor/winch?

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess

Ignoramus29707 August 2nd 15 04:07 AM

Taking down a bridge crane

wrote:

Good job. Nice unit. Martin

+1 on that, Ig. Are you able to sell some of these, or are you just
scrapping most of it for the steel value/motor/winch?

Thanks.

I want to try to sell this crane. I think that some people may want
it.