Old July 30th 15, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 9:44:10 AM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

Old July 30th 15, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:44:04 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Well, from the replies you've posted to him, it looks like the sleazy
****bag is exploiting the fact that I'm not reading his posts to get
away with slandering me.

Do me a favor; if you see him doing any more of it, let me know, or
reply so I can see it. At some point, he needs to be taken down a few
pegs.

Will do. Unless my keyboard wears out in the process.
Old July 30th 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:33:45 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

slow eddy supports anyone who kisses his ass and doesn't question him about subjects he thinks he's an expert in.

After 9/11 things got very slow in Phoenix, AZ machining job shops so I decided to take a lower paying job in Tucson,
AZ building race engines which I have never done before. slow eddy has recommend a book that I had purchased:

http://www.abrasiveengineering.com/bksunn.html

I initially thought this book was very good and complete. When I went to work at the race engine builders shop I realized
how incomplete and wrong this book actually was. The reason is the author at that point was just like slow eddy...
book smart with very little practical hands on experience.

Interesting enough is that the person who wrote the book wife died long after he wrote the book. He finally decided to
open his own shop and get some real world practical experience. I talked with him on the phone years ago and he
admitted how much he didn't know back then and how much he's learned since finally opening his own shop.

With some of the new knowledge I gained I enjoyed talking with Bottlebob who had a lot of respect for David Vizard
who is a well known engine building author. It turns out that David Vizard had far more knowledge and practica
l experience than John Edwards did. The shop I went to work for owner has spent a ton of time with David Vizard
when he lived in Tucson writing books for HP. No doubt in my mind that the shops owner gained a ton of real
world practical knowledge working with David Vizard. HP Books was based out of Tucson, AZ.

This is just one example of how full of **** and how little slow eddy knows about many subjects he pretends to be an expert in.

Note to Ed: Banquer up to his usual nonsense here.
Old July 30th 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:12:11 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:33:49 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

[...]

To sum up:

John Edwards book is very similar to Pay For Play articles that slow eddy writes where you regurgitate
what you are given and kiss the advertisers ass.

John Edwards book is basically a big ad (or in your terms a blow job) for Sunnen.

Note to Ed. Banquer is yipping again.

Old July 30th 15, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:36:36 AM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied and failed:

Old July 30th 15, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" failed:

Old July 30th 15, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:52:35 -0700, Harold McKinney
wrote:

On 7/30/2015 9:44 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 07:05:34 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

snip

He's ****ed at himself for yapping his way into having his sordid past
mocked.

Keep in mind that those two Bonkers arrests for domestic abuse are
only the ones we know about.

There have been two? I was only aware of one; not sure which one.

The first one was from the case we were talking about last week,
"Banquer v. [Catherine J.] Steidley"

"On January 20, 1994, the plaintiff [Banquer] was arrested at the home
of the defendant on her complaint of domestic violence."

https://casetext.com/case/banquer-v-...-0404728-s-nov

The second was filed six years later by his wife, Constance:

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Flor...r.2770726.html

As I said, those are just the ones we know about.

--
Ed Huntress

Old July 30th 15, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 11:13:14 AM UTC-7, slow eddy failed:

Old July 30th 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Oh, Jesus. Has he been doing that all along? 'Sorry, Dan, but this is
what happens when the twerp is running amok, without a leash. I'm
going to have to un-plonk him and expose his bull**** for a while.

For your prurient interest, this is the "recommendation" that Bonkers
is referring to:

==============================
Ed Huntress
7/25/01
This is not an ad for Sunnen, but I just got a book from them that
some of you may be interested in. It's titled _Sunnen's Complete
Cylinder Head and Engine Rebuilding Handbook_. by John G. Edwards.
Copyright 1998.

(http://www.sunnen.com/auto/newrel_16.htm) [link no longer works, but
no matter]

It's 490 pages and Sunnen sells it for US$16.80. That's a lot of
reading for the money, and the book does contain much detail about
cutting, grinding and honing cylinders, valves, cranks, and just about
everything else. It's written textbook-style and it's pretty flat,
but, hey, this kind of stuff ain't literature.

In some cases it leaves off just where I'd like to hear some more
explanation, but this is more of a "how-to" than a "why" kind of book.
It is not "complete" in the sense that you'll understand everything by
reading it, but you will know what to do. Naturally, it leans heavily
on the use of Sunnen tools, but it covers both the small-shop,
portable stuff as well as the commercial-shop equipment.

In any case, there something in here that ought to interest every
engine rebuilder. And the price is so low (it's hard cover, and big,
but it's printed on cheap paper) that Sunnen must be subsidizing it
heavily.

If you order one, ask for their catalog while you're at it. Lots of
pretty pictures.

Ed Huntress

http://tinyurl.com/pdcgwgf

===============================

So I made it clear that the book is not complete, that it's sponsored
by Sunnen and leans heavily on Sunnen tools, and that it doesn't give
enough explanation. But it's cheap, it covers a lot of things, and RCM
folks who rebuild engines would find some things of interest in it.

And so what does Bonkers bitch about? That it's not complete. That
it's about Sunnen. And that there's somebody who's better at writing
engine books.

The twerp saw "cheap" and ran off around the track. If he'd paid
attention to what I said about it, he wouldn't have been stupid enough
to depend on it for the complete story. I SAID that it isn't the
complete story. I never even suggested that it's the BEST story. What
I said was, you get 490 pages for $16.80, and there's something in
there of interest.

What a dick Bonkers is. Oh, and the "pay for play" slander: that's
just jealousy on his part. He runs that little LinkedIn group with the
amazing g membership of 3,000, some of whom share his proclivity for
slandering other's products, and others who are just there to promote
their own. For this, Bonkers gets nothing except some attention for
his pathetic, starved and disturbed ego. I get paid for writing, and
my monthly unique readership runs around 36,000. Nobody tells me what
to write, ever. And they know it.

I'm going to unplonk the twerp. He needs a little pounding down.

--
Ed Huntress
Old July 30th 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:14:26 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied: