Old July 30th 15, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:35:28 PM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:

If you are critical of Gummer and Banquer, how can you let this obvious pathology slide? Malicious pathology at that. I mean, I call a Norton a locomotive, and Cap'n Asshole just goes to town! And this buffoon thinks he's making some literary statement.

You and many others give slow eddy far too much credit. slow eddy is book smart and lacks practical experience in many subjects he pretends to be an expert in. slow eddy also does a lot of lying when people call him out on his lack of real world practical experience.

Old July 30th 15, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 11:40:03 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:35:28 PM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:

If you are critical of Gummer and Banquer, how can you let this obvious pathology slide? Malicious pathology at that. I mean, I call a Norton a locomotive, and Cap'n Asshole just goes to town! And this buffoon thinks he's making some literary statement.

You and many others give slow eddy far too much credit. slow eddy is book smart and lacks practical experience in many subjects he pretends to be an expert in. slow eddy also does a lot of lying when people call him out on his lack of real world practical experience.

Truth be told, it totally escapes me how a guy like Ed can't see thru a fraud, albeit an artful fraud, like Cap'n Ahole.
Which I guess is ultimately a testimony to the likes of a Cap'n Ahole's skills. If Ahole were in finance, he'd be defrauding the whole US Gummint, he's so good at this, instead of grandstanding in a newsgroup.

People confuse artful manipulation with intellect and with a productive person, when in reality these manipulators are simply walking malware, simple as that. They ARE intelligent, in a way, but that just makes a very good case for expanding the guidelines for euthanasia.
Old July 30th 15, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:28:04 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:40:31 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:25:20 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

WTF is talking about oil and friction?

Nothing you need to be concerned about. Nothing worth explaining to
you. Nothing you'd ever learn if it could be injected into your brain.

Speaking of the Blue Ridge Parkway and getting your hands into
motorcycle maintenance while teaching cultural studies at the
University of Virginia, did you guys ever read _Shop Class as
Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work_, by Matt Crawford?
Excellent food for thought.

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Class-Sou...8222990&sr=1-2

I might grab that. Although I'd probably get a sore neck from nodding
in agreement paragraph after paragraph. If there's one bit of wisdom I
take credit for, it's knowing that it was always a good idea to do
things myself, no matter how many insisted I should hire it out. With
every chore, even if slow or muddled, I learn a bit more, which makes
the next chore more feasible. Everything from haircuts to difficult
property development. Our sweat equity investments have paid off
handsomely over the decades and continue even now in "retirement."
There have been many aspects of my current project that most people
would have no choice but to forego or pay through the nose. On two of
those items alone the money saved paid for my bike to name just one. I
could make a list of projects I took on and match them to assets most
people would love to have. Seems dead simple to me, and I had that
discussion recently with a guy who has three teens. He agreed in
principal, but it was clear that he'd gone down a more usual path and
that his kids are about to do the same. Any sort of tradecraft was
unfashionable when I was in high school, and apparently that hasn't
changed much.
Old July 30th 15, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:14:37 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:33:29 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:00:57 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 4:35:49 PM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:

Norton Commando. iirc

You don't recall ? WTF?

I damned sure remember that my 750 was an Atlas.

See, you edited the post.
I said, Norton Commando. Period.
Then, the iirc, it was a 4-speed.

You're good Kidding, really good. Totally dishonest, and a raving bitch, but very good at what you do.

only 4 speeds, but pulled like a locomotive.

LOL You mean one of those 60hp locomotives I guess.

I towed a car with it. So yeah.

I made the Harley guys look bad.

That's like saying you can run faster than your granny.

No, I was referring to the pipes, which I think was pretty clear. Once again, you chose to distort the post.

Keep going, Cap'n, pretty soon even Ed will see thru your pathological bull****.
Harold won't, but then somehow you managed to slip your dick in his mouth.

slow eddy got his nickname for damn good reason. I've watched others like failed software reseller John Carroll use slow eddy like a tool for years.

There is a reason slow eddy has spent the majority of his life being a Pay For Play ad copy writer.

... and that reason is probably that he likes to earn a living. You
should give it a try instead of pretending it's a bad idea.

There is a reason my LinkedIn CADCAM group continues to grow like crazy.

"like crazy?" Are you sure that's a good thing? Two things are for
su it hasn't made you happy and it won't make up for cheating your
creditors.

Whoa. Are you listening to yourself? You're trying to talk reason with
the Usenet's biggest nutcase. g

Bonkers has been mercifully absent for quite a while, but my filter
seems now to be missing his posts. I have it set up so that I can see
that he's posting, but they're marked "read" first, and then it reads
only unread messages. But I'm missing seeing that there are "read"
messages from him now.

Anyway, that's probably even better, since it really doesn't matter if
he's posting. Hardly anyone responds to him anymore. It's a good
practice to follow, because it lets the wind out of his sails.

He's ****ed at himself for yapping his way into having his sordid past
mocked. He won't talk about that, but he can't resist responding. So
he's down to two words, "lied" or "failed" in those responses. They
are the best posts he's ever written, and if he can maintain the near
radio silence it should only be about twenty years until he can hope
to be regarded as merely an idiot.
Old July 30th 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 7:04:52 AM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied:

Old July 30th 15, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

jesus christ, is anyone else barfing? Masturbating in a mirror apparently just isn't good enough. goodgawd.... LOL
I guess Cap'n Ahole also needs his dick in Harold's mouth.
Old July 30th 15, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:59:33 AM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:
[...]

slow eddy supports anyone who kisses his ass and doesn't question him about subjects he thinks he's an expert in.

After 9/11 things got very slow in Phoenix, AZ machining job shops so I decided to take a lower paying job in Tucson, AZ building race engines which I have never done before. slow eddy has recommend a book that I had purchased:

http://www.abrasiveengineering.com/bksunn.html

I initially thought this book was very good and complete. When I went to work at the race engine builders shop I realized how incomplete and wrong this book actually was. The reason is the author at that point was just like slow eddy... book smart with very little practical hands on experience.

Interesting enough is that the person who wrote the book wife died long after he wrote the book. He finally decided to open his own shop and get some real world practical experience. I talked with him on the phone years ago and he admitted how much he didn't know back then and how much he's learned since finally opening his own shop.

With some of the new knowledge I gained I enjoyed talking with Bottlebob who had a lot of respect for David Vizard who is a well known engine building author. It turns out that David Vizard had far more knowledge and practical experience than John Edwards did. The shop I went to work for owner has spent a ton of time with David Vizard when he lived in Tucson writing books for HP. No doubt in my mind that the shops owner gained a ton of real world practical knowledge working with David Vizard. HP Books was based out of Tucson, AZ.

This is just one example of how full of **** and how little slow eddy knows about many subjects he pretends to be an expert in.

Old July 30th 15, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:33:49 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

To sum up:

John Edwards book is very similar to Pay For Play articles that slow eddy writes where you regurgitate what you are given and kiss the advertisers ass..

John Edwards book is basically a big ad (or in your terms a blow job) for Sunnen.

Old July 30th 15, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Keep in mind that those two Bonkers arrests for domestic abuse are
only the ones we know about.

He won't talk about that, but he can't resist responding. So
he's down to two words, "lied" or "failed" in those responses. They
are the best posts he's ever written, and if he can maintain the near
radio silence it should only be about twenty years until he can hope
to be regarded as merely an idiot.

Well, from the replies you've posted to him, it looks like the sleazy
****bag is exploiting the fact that I'm not reading his posts to get
away with slandering me.

Do me a favor; if you see him doing any more of it, let me know, or
reply so I can see it. At some point, he needs to be taken down a few
pegs.

--
Ed Huntress
Old July 30th 15, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

There have been two? I was only aware of one; not sure which one.

He won't talk about that, but he can't resist responding. So
he's down to two words, "lied" or "failed" in those responses. They
are the best posts he's ever written, and if he can maintain the near
radio silence it should only be about twenty years until he can hope
to be regarded as merely an idiot.

Well, from the replies you've posted to him, it looks like the sleazy
****bag is exploiting the fact that I'm not reading his posts to get
away with slandering me.

Do me a favor; if you see him doing any more of it, let me know, or
reply so I can see it. At some point, he needs to be taken down a few
pegs.

I'm afraid I can't help you there, either, for certain [ahem] technical
reasons that are reversible but I have no intention of reversing.