DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   One-handed pullups (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/382109-re-one-handed-pullups.html)

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 01:33 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:00:57 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 4:35:49 PM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:

Norton Commando. iirc

You don't recall ? WTF?

I damned sure remember that my 750 was an Atlas.

See, you edited the post.
I said, Norton Commando. Period.
Then, the iirc, it was a 4-speed.

You're good Kidding, really good. Totally dishonest, and a raving bitch, but very good at what you do.

only 4 speeds, but pulled like a locomotive.

LOL You mean one of those 60hp locomotives I guess.

I towed a car with it. So yeah.

I made the Harley guys look bad.

That's like saying you can run faster than your granny.

No, I was referring to the pipes, which I think was pretty clear. Once again, you chose to distort the post.

Keep going, Cap'n, pretty soon even Ed will see thru your pathological bull****.
Harold won't, but then somehow you managed to slip your dick in his mouth.

slow eddy got his nickname for damn good reason. I've watched others like failed software reseller John Carroll use slow eddy like a tool for years.

There is a reason slow eddy has spent the majority of his life being a Pay For Play ad copy writer.

.... and that reason is probably that he likes to earn a living. You
should give it a try instead of pretending it's a bad idea.

There is a reason my LinkedIn CADCAM group continues to grow like crazy.

"like crazy?" Are you sure that's a good thing? Two things are for
su it hasn't made you happy and it won't make up for cheating your
creditors.

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 01:40 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:25:20 -0700 (PDT), Grokman Grokman
wrote:

WTF is talking about oil and friction?

Nothing you need to be concerned about. Nothing worth explaining to
you. Nothing you'd ever learn if it could be injected into your brain.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 02:08 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 5:32:49 PM UTC-7,Annomous posting pussy "Captain Obvious lied:

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 02:51 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 17:44:03 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 20:39:22 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:35:16 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

The heated grips would be nice. It reminds me of the time that I
burned slats from a picnic table in the grill at a highway rest stop
in Ohio, to warm my hands in March, riding my Triumph Tiger.

Yeah, been there. Once melted holes in my glove cuffs trying to dry
them out on a bare lamp bulb in a motel room. That was after doing a
couple hundred miles on wet roads covered in leaves and wondering how
close it was to freezing up. Come to think of it, that was only a half
day from you, on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. That was motorcycle heaven back
then, probably clogged with lumbering motorhomes now.

Not as of 6 years ago. My son was at college in Lexington, Virginia,
and we drove up and down the Blue Ridge several times each year. It's
still beautiful, and usually not crowded at all.

Good to hear. I do plan a trip that direction, hopefully next summer
before I get too old. Who knows, maybe I'll still have the energy to
relive some of my misspent youth, flashing my underside to tourists.
:)

Oh oh, I just wrote underside... cue the harpies!

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 03:14 AM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

[...]

Whoa. Are you listening to yourself? You're trying to talk reason with
the Usenet's biggest nutcase. g

Bonkers has been mercifully absent for quite a while, but my filter
seems now to be missing his posts. I have it set up so that I can see
that he's posting, but they're marked "read" first, and then it reads
only unread messages. But I'm missing seeing that there are "read"
messages from him now.

Anyway, that's probably even better, since it really doesn't matter if
he's posting. Hardly anyone responds to him anymore. It's a good
practice to follow, because it lets the wind out of his sails.

--
Ed Huntress

Grokman Grokman July 30th 15 03:17 AM

One-handed pullups

Norton Commando. iirc

You don't recall ? WTF?

I damned sure remember that my 750 was an Atlas.

See, you edited the post.
I said, Norton Commando. Period.
Then, the iirc, it was a 4-speed.

Right you are! Same as a stopped clock though. If you weren't such an
asshole I'd apologize.

Oh, don't worry about it, sociopathic liars never need apologize. Their mental state speaks for itself.

You're good Kidding, really good. Totally dishonest, and a raving bitch, but very good at what you do.

only 4 speeds, but pulled like a locomotive.

LOL You mean one of those 60hp locomotives I guess.

I towed a car with it. So yeah.

People pull cars with their feet and ropes and garden tractors and
comealongs. Nobody calls them locomotives. According to your logic, if
a baby tows his blanket he's a locomotive. Yeah I know you really felt
like you had a bull by the horns riding that Commando. We all did,
same as when we were younger and felt the power of the bicycle cards
on our spokes. But it's past time to pretend that the low hp wallowing
crap from those days were mighty performers.

You were talking about straw men? You're good, kidding, REAL good.
And comealongs figgered in ..... HOW????
You are real good.

I made the Harley guys look bad.

That's like saying you can run faster than your granny.

No, I was referring to the pipes, which I think was pretty clear.

Right again! I keep forgetting that some people equate noise with
performance, or prefer noise over performance, or use noise to mask a
lack of performance.

No, I simply said the Norton had big big sound. More straw men, Sir?
You are good kidding, you get caught right in your own lies, and you do your DAMNEDEST to squirm out!! Excellent!! You are a lesson in dishonesty, a role model for our children!
Keep going, no need to apologize, you know, sociopathic liars, etc.

Keep going, Cap'n, pretty soon even Ed will see thru your pathological bull****.
Harold won't, but then somehow you managed to slip your dick in his mouth.

Ohmygawd, people will choose to disbelieve what I know to be true? Now
you have me worried! How is this going to affect my life? Will it be
like some time travel paradox where my bike disappears or something?
Or will it just be you nattering juvenile scatological remarks?

My juvenile remarks have nothing to do with your pathological lying. And you simply are not worth adult-level remarks. And I'm sure your wife would agree, had you not kowed and terrorized her into silence.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 03:26 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:14:42 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied.

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 03:28 AM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

WTF is talking about oil and friction?

Nothing you need to be concerned about. Nothing worth explaining to
you. Nothing you'd ever learn if it could be injected into your brain.

Speaking of the Blue Ridge Parkway and getting your hands into
motorcycle maintenance while teaching cultural studies at the
University of Virginia, did you guys ever read _Shop Class as
Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work_, by Matt Crawford?
Excellent food for thought.

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Class-Sou...8222990&sr=1-2

--
Ed Huntress

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 03:33 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:17:33 PM UTC-7, slow eddy wrote:

Oh, c'mon, knock it off. I enjoy talking to both of you.

--
slow eddy

slow eddy is far too stupid to realize why PV has many legitimate gripes with anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious".

Time for "Captain Obvious" to start bragging about his Chevy Volt again and what great deal it is.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 04:35 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 8:18:37 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 04:40 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:35:28 PM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:

If you are critical of Gummer and Banquer, how can you let this obvious pathology slide? Malicious pathology at that. I mean, I call a Norton a locomotive, and Cap'n Asshole just goes to town! And this buffoon thinks he's making some literary statement.

You and many others give slow eddy far too much credit. slow eddy is book smart and lacks practical experience in many subjects he pretends to be an expert in. slow eddy also does a lot of lying when people call him out on his lack of real world practical experience.

Grokman Grokman July 30th 15 11:59 AM

One-handed pullups

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 11:40:03 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 7:35:28 PM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:

If you are critical of Gummer and Banquer, how can you let this obvious pathology slide? Malicious pathology at that. I mean, I call a Norton a locomotive, and Cap'n Asshole just goes to town! And this buffoon thinks he's making some literary statement.

You and many others give slow eddy far too much credit. slow eddy is book smart and lacks practical experience in many subjects he pretends to be an expert in. slow eddy also does a lot of lying when people call him out on his lack of real world practical experience.

Truth be told, it totally escapes me how a guy like Ed can't see thru a fraud, albeit an artful fraud, like Cap'n Ahole.
Which I guess is ultimately a testimony to the likes of a Cap'n Ahole's skills. If Ahole were in finance, he'd be defrauding the whole US Gummint, he's so good at this, instead of grandstanding in a newsgroup.

People confuse artful manipulation with intellect and with a productive person, when in reality these manipulators are simply walking malware, simple as that. They ARE intelligent, in a way, but that just makes a very good case for expanding the guidelines for euthanasia.

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 03:03 PM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

WTF is talking about oil and friction?

Nothing you need to be concerned about. Nothing worth explaining to
you. Nothing you'd ever learn if it could be injected into your brain.

Speaking of the Blue Ridge Parkway and getting your hands into
motorcycle maintenance while teaching cultural studies at the
University of Virginia, did you guys ever read _Shop Class as
Soulcraft: An Inquiry into the Value of Work_, by Matt Crawford?
Excellent food for thought.

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Class-Sou...8222990&sr=1-2

I might grab that. Although I'd probably get a sore neck from nodding
in agreement paragraph after paragraph. If there's one bit of wisdom I
take credit for, it's knowing that it was always a good idea to do
things myself, no matter how many insisted I should hire it out. With
every chore, even if slow or muddled, I learn a bit more, which makes
the next chore more feasible. Everything from haircuts to difficult
property development. Our sweat equity investments have paid off
handsomely over the decades and continue even now in "retirement."
There have been many aspects of my current project that most people
would have no choice but to forego or pay through the nose. On two of
those items alone the money saved paid for my bike to name just one. I
could make a list of projects I took on and match them to assets most
people would love to have. Seems dead simple to me, and I had that
discussion recently with a guy who has three teens. He agreed in
principal, but it was clear that he'd gone down a more usual path and
that his kids are about to do the same. Any sort of tradecraft was
unfashionable when I was in high school, and apparently that hasn't
changed much.

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 03:05 PM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

[...]

He's ****ed at himself for yapping his way into having his sordid past
mocked. He won't talk about that, but he can't resist responding. So
he's down to two words, "lied" or "failed" in those responses. They
are the best posts he's ever written, and if he can maintain the near
radio silence it should only be about twenty years until he can hope
to be regarded as merely an idiot.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 04:06 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 7:04:52 AM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied:

Grokman Grokman July 30th 15 04:31 PM

One-handed pullups

[...]

jesus christ, is anyone else barfing? Masturbating in a mirror apparently just isn't good enough. goodgawd.... LOL
I guess Cap'n Ahole also needs his dick in Harold's mouth.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 04:33 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:59:33 AM UTC-7, Grokman Grokman wrote:
[...]

slow eddy supports anyone who kisses his ass and doesn't question him about subjects he thinks he's an expert in.

After 9/11 things got very slow in Phoenix, AZ machining job shops so I decided to take a lower paying job in Tucson, AZ building race engines which I have never done before. slow eddy has recommend a book that I had purchased:

http://www.abrasiveengineering.com/bksunn.html

I initially thought this book was very good and complete. When I went to work at the race engine builders shop I realized how incomplete and wrong this book actually was. The reason is the author at that point was just like slow eddy... book smart with very little practical hands on experience.

Interesting enough is that the person who wrote the book wife died long after he wrote the book. He finally decided to open his own shop and get some real world practical experience. I talked with him on the phone years ago and he admitted how much he didn't know back then and how much he's learned since finally opening his own shop.

With some of the new knowledge I gained I enjoyed talking with Bottlebob who had a lot of respect for David Vizard who is a well known engine building author. It turns out that David Vizard had far more knowledge and practical experience than John Edwards did. The shop I went to work for owner has spent a ton of time with David Vizard when he lived in Tucson writing books for HP. No doubt in my mind that the shops owner gained a ton of real world practical knowledge working with David Vizard. HP Books was based out of Tucson, AZ.

This is just one example of how full of **** and how little slow eddy knows about many subjects he pretends to be an expert in.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 05:12 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:33:49 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:
[...]

To sum up:

John Edwards book is very similar to Pay For Play articles that slow eddy writes where you regurgitate what you are given and kiss the advertisers ass..

John Edwards book is basically a big ad (or in your terms a blow job) for Sunnen.

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 05:44 PM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

[...]

Keep in mind that those two Bonkers arrests for domestic abuse are
only the ones we know about.

He won't talk about that, but he can't resist responding. So
he's down to two words, "lied" or "failed" in those responses. They
are the best posts he's ever written, and if he can maintain the near
radio silence it should only be about twenty years until he can hope
to be regarded as merely an idiot.

Well, from the replies you've posted to him, it looks like the sleazy
****bag is exploiting the fact that I'm not reading his posts to get
away with slandering me.

Do me a favor; if you see him doing any more of it, let me know, or
reply so I can see it. At some point, he needs to be taken down a few
pegs.

--
Ed Huntress

Harold McKinney July 30th 15 05:52 PM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

[...]

There have been two? I was only aware of one; not sure which one.

He won't talk about that, but he can't resist responding. So
he's down to two words, "lied" or "failed" in those responses. They
are the best posts he's ever written, and if he can maintain the near
radio silence it should only be about twenty years until he can hope
to be regarded as merely an idiot.

Well, from the replies you've posted to him, it looks like the sleazy
****bag is exploiting the fact that I'm not reading his posts to get
away with slandering me.

Do me a favor; if you see him doing any more of it, let me know, or
reply so I can see it. At some point, he needs to be taken down a few
pegs.

I'm afraid I can't help you there, either, for certain [ahem] technical
reasons that are reversible but I have no intention of reversing.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 06:00 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 9:44:10 AM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 06:33 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:44:04 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

Well, from the replies you've posted to him, it looks like the sleazy
****bag is exploiting the fact that I'm not reading his posts to get
away with slandering me.

Do me a favor; if you see him doing any more of it, let me know, or
reply so I can see it. At some point, he needs to be taken down a few
pegs.

Will do. Unless my keyboard wears out in the process. :)

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 06:37 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:33:45 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

[...]

Note to Ed: Banquer up to his usual nonsense here.

Captain Obvious July 30th 15 06:37 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:12:11 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

[...]

Note to Ed. Banquer is yipping again.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 06:56 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:36:36 AM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied and failed:

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 06:57 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:36:57 AM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" failed:

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 07:13 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:52:35 -0700, Harold McKinney
wrote:

On 7/30/2015 9:44 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 07:05:34 -0700, Captain Obvious
wrote:

snip

He's ****ed at himself for yapping his way into having his sordid past
mocked.

Keep in mind that those two Bonkers arrests for domestic abuse are
only the ones we know about.

There have been two? I was only aware of one; not sure which one.

The first one was from the case we were talking about last week,
"Banquer v. [Catherine J.] Steidley"

"On January 20, 1994, the plaintiff [Banquer] was arrested at the home
of the defendant on her complaint of domestic violence."

https://casetext.com/case/banquer-v-...-0404728-s-nov

The second was filed six years later by his wife, Constance:

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Flor...r.2770726.html

As I said, those are just the ones we know about.

--
Ed Huntress

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 07:22 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 11:13:14 AM UTC-7, slow eddy failed:

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 11:14 PM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

[...]

Oh, Jesus. Has he been doing that all along? 'Sorry, Dan, but this is
what happens when the twerp is running amok, without a leash. I'm
going to have to un-plonk him and expose his bull**** for a while.

For your prurient interest, this is the "recommendation" that Bonkers
is referring to:

==============================
Ed Huntress
7/25/01
This is not an ad for Sunnen, but I just got a book from them that
some of you may be interested in. It's titled _Sunnen's Complete
Cylinder Head and Engine Rebuilding Handbook_. by John G. Edwards.
Copyright 1998.

(http://www.sunnen.com/auto/newrel_16.htm) [link no longer works, but
no matter]

It's 490 pages and Sunnen sells it for US$16.80. That's a lot of
reading for the money, and the book does contain much detail about
cutting, grinding and honing cylinders, valves, cranks, and just about
everything else. It's written textbook-style and it's pretty flat,
but, hey, this kind of stuff ain't literature.

In some cases it leaves off just where I'd like to hear some more
explanation, but this is more of a "how-to" than a "why" kind of book.
It is not "complete" in the sense that you'll understand everything by
reading it, but you will know what to do. Naturally, it leans heavily
on the use of Sunnen tools, but it covers both the small-shop,
portable stuff as well as the commercial-shop equipment.

In any case, there something in here that ought to interest every
engine rebuilder. And the price is so low (it's hard cover, and big,
but it's printed on cheap paper) that Sunnen must be subsidizing it
heavily.

If you order one, ask for their catalog while you're at it. Lots of
pretty pictures.

Ed Huntress

http://tinyurl.com/pdcgwgf

===============================

So I made it clear that the book is not complete, that it's sponsored
by Sunnen and leans heavily on Sunnen tools, and that it doesn't give
enough explanation. But it's cheap, it covers a lot of things, and RCM
folks who rebuild engines would find some things of interest in it.

And so what does Bonkers bitch about? That it's not complete. That
it's about Sunnen. And that there's somebody who's better at writing
engine books.

The twerp saw "cheap" and ran off around the track. If he'd paid
attention to what I said about it, he wouldn't have been stupid enough
to depend on it for the complete story. I SAID that it isn't the
complete story. I never even suggested that it's the BEST story. What
I said was, you get 490 pages for $16.80, and there's something in
there of interest.

What a dick Bonkers is. Oh, and the "pay for play" slander: that's
just jealousy on his part. He runs that little LinkedIn group with the
amazing g membership of 3,000, some of whom share his proclivity for
slandering other's products, and others who are just there to promote
their own. For this, Bonkers gets nothing except some attention for
his pathetic, starved and disturbed ego. I get paid for writing, and
my monthly unique readership runs around 36,000. Nobody tells me what
to write, ever. And they know it.

I'm going to unplonk the twerp. He needs a little pounding down.

--
Ed Huntress

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 11:21 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:14:26 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 11:33 PM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I think I covered this round of Bonkers Bull**** in my last
post.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress July 30th 15 11:35 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:21:26 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:14:26 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

Show us the "lie" or STFU, you empty bag of wind.

--
Ed Huntress

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 11:37 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:33:36 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

jon_banquer[_2_] July 30th 15 11:38 PM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 3:35:20 PM UTC-7, slow eddy failed:

Captain Obvious July 31st 15 12:14 AM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:33:49 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

John Edwards book is basically a big ad (or in your terms a blow job) for Sunnen.

Note to Ed. Banquer is yipping again.

Oh, Jesus. Has he been doing that all along? 'Sorry, Dan, but this is
what happens when the twerp is running amok, without a leash. I'm
going to have to un-plonk him and expose his bull**** for a while.

snipped for brevity

I'm going to unplonk the twerp. He needs a little pounding down.

The stupid bugger had gone 6 years without work at the time of his
pathetic blame-the-girlfriend lawsuit. It's probably a lot more than
that now, which would explain most of his problems.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 31st 15 12:15 AM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:13:37 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied:

Ed Huntress July 31st 15 12:19 AM

One-handed pullups

wrote:

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 8:33:49 AM UTC-7, jon_banquer wrote:

John Edwards book is basically a big ad (or in your terms a blow job) for Sunnen.

Note to Ed. Banquer is yipping again.

Oh, Jesus. Has he been doing that all along? 'Sorry, Dan, but this is
what happens when the twerp is running amok, without a leash. I'm
going to have to un-plonk him and expose his bull**** for a while.

snipped for brevity

I'm going to unplonk the twerp. He needs a little pounding down.

The stupid bugger had gone 6 years without work at the time of his
pathetic blame-the-girlfriend lawsuit. It's probably a lot more than
that now, which would explain most of his problems.

It certainly exacerbates them, but there's an underlying problem
that's probably keeping him from holding a job.

--
Ed Huntress

Captain Obvious July 31st 15 12:21 AM

One-handed pullups

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:15:54 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:13:37 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied:

Oh really? So how many years have you been out of work in your
lifetime, Banquer? Might as well own it because with your habit of
motivating people to take you on, more of your sorry past is bound to
come out.

jon_banquer[_2_] July 31st 15 12:33 AM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:19:44 PM UTC-7, slow eddy lied:

jon_banquer[_2_] July 31st 15 12:34 AM

One-handed pullups

On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:20:41 PM UTC-7, Anonymous posting pussy "Captain Obvious" lied: