Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT My simple electric bike

--Hey that's pretty slick! Much simpler than my rig!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteamboatEd Haas wrote:

--Hey that's pretty slick! Much simpler than my rig!

Thanks. It's running pretty well so far. Gets up to (slow) speed
quickly. Planning to use aluminum for the drill holder in the next
version so that it looks neater. Will use the allegedly much more
powerful DeWalt DCD995 (still only 20 V) but should go ZOOM. The
hammerdrill function is useless and it's longer than the standard 990
version, but it sells cheap on eBay. Might use a smaller BMX (20 inch)
bike.

Its first upgrade is the rear sprocket. Lucked out on the dimensions,
the space between the freewheel and the chainring. It's a snug fit so
the chainring is reasonably well centered.

Ingredients...
....Shimano Alivio M415 42t 7/8-Speed Outer Chainring
....Excess 3 Pawl Freewheel, 20 Tooth, 3/32", Chrome (any 20 tooth
freewheel should do)
....5/16 inch threaded rod (might need to be lightly sanded to reduce the
outer diameter by .1 or .2 mm)
....nuts and washers
....some superglue

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/548/1...a9711c4b_b.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/357/1...7c7ed184_b.jpg

Electric bike? Here, have this Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] UK diy 13 May 16th 12 04:40 AM
Bike lock (bike stolen) Dubber UK diy 35 November 5th 09 08:07 PM
OT, semi, with metal content. my electric bike trailer Bob in Phx Metalworking 3 June 21st 08 10:01 PM
Upgrading childs electric bike - part 2 Alan Campbell UK diy 1 July 27th 03 06:39 PM
Upgrading childs electric bike Lee Blaver UK diy 9 July 24th 03 12:55 AM