Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does this count

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon rolls
that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls in the same
foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The oven is also metal ...
mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:
as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon rolls
that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls in the same
foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The oven is also metal ...
mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Never mind pics, I want a sample.

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/18/2015 12:22 PM, Volker Borchert wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon rolls
that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls in the same
foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The oven is also metal ...
mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Never mind pics, I want a sample.

+1 on this, I hope you made enough for the whole group.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon rolls
that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls in the same
foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The oven is also metal ...
mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Yes, and NO, respectively.

Prolly ruint 'em with sugar drizzled all over 'em, too, dincha?
Egad!

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon
rolls that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls
in the same foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The
oven is also metal ... mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Yes, and NO, respectively.

Prolly ruint 'em with sugar drizzled all over 'em, too, dincha?
Egad!

Chocolate glaze . Extra raisins . If'n y'all can get here before they're
gone ... I've been doing all our baking except certain desserts that are the
wife's . Bread that is as light and fluffy as store bought , bread sticks
that are better . It's all in how kneady you are ...

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon
rolls that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls
in the same foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The
oven is also metal ... mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Yes, and NO, respectively.

Prolly ruint 'em with sugar drizzled all over 'em, too, dincha?
Egad!

Chocolate glaze . Extra raisins . If'n y'all can get here before they're
gone ... I've been doing all our baking except certain desserts that are the
wife's . Bread that is as light and fluffy as store bought , bread sticks
that are better . It's all in how kneady you are ...

Heathen! Ruining a good chocolate fix with pedestrian raisins? Ick.

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the
cinnamon rolls that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake
those rolls in the same foil-lined steel cake pan when they've
proofed . The oven is also metal ... mostly .
Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Yes, and NO, respectively.

Prolly ruint 'em with sugar drizzled all over 'em, too, dincha?
Egad!

Chocolate glaze . Extra raisins . If'n y'all can get here before
they're gone ... I've been doing all our baking except certain
desserts that are the wife's . Bread that is as light and fluffy as
store bought , bread sticks that are better . It's all in how kneady
you are ...

Heathen! Ruining a good chocolate fix with pedestrian raisins? Ick.

Ah , but I didn't make 'em for you , I made 'em for the wife and I .
Besides , there's always a semi-sweet bar here for when I get that jones .
Ever tried dried pineapple dipped in chocolate ?

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Chocolate glaze . Extra raisins . If'n y'all can get here before
they're gone ... I've been doing all our baking except certain
desserts that are the wife's . Bread that is as light and fluffy as
store bought , bread sticks that are better . It's all in how kneady
you are ...

Heathen! Ruining a good chocolate fix with pedestrian raisins? Ick.

Ah , but I didn't make 'em for you , I made 'em for the wife and I .

Doesn't matter who it's for; heathen ways are heathen ways. Repent!

Besides , there's always a semi-sweet bar here for when I get that jones .

Ditto here, but I use artificial sweeteners.

Ever tried dried pineapple dipped in chocolate ?

Ooh, sounds delish. I'll have to try that, loving both foods.

One of my website clients sells gift baskets in Hawaii and sent some
of their dried pineapple. OMG What a difference from the local
store-bought stuff; Night and day. The Hawaiian is simply dehydrated
pineapple and has all sorts of flavor.

I like semi-sweet chocolate, as it contains less sugar and is _dark_
choco.

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

My doc's got me on Sugar Busters diet, so I haven't had dessert in
over a year. Still wants me to lose more weight, glucose and A1C a
little above range. I'm trying.

Lucky for me, I'm not addicted to sweets, just food. More of a savory
kind of guy. I can still bake them, though. Just can't touch. I'll
make a couple of chocolate pecan pies, or my old favorite, peach
kuchen (both my departed mom's recipes), for a crowd of kin or a
celebration. Just don't eat them. I won't make her tea ring. Letting
dough rise 3-4 times is too damn much work to not eat some.

Pete Keillor

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I must admit to a sweet tooth , but I just like to eat too . Got a pot of
spaghetti sauce simmering now , used tomatoes I harvested yesterday in it .
Trying a new-to-me sauce/paste/salsa tomato called san marzano . Looks like
a winner , and smells like it too ...
Metalworking content : I made the tomato cages with 6" concrete re-wire ,
and MIG welded the joints .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I've a sweet tooth, too, but I'm sensitive to sugar, the worst
corrosive to man's body in mankind's diet.

spaghetti sauce simmering now , used tomatoes I harvested yesterday in it .
Trying a new-to-me sauce/paste/salsa tomato called san marzano . Looks like
a winner , and smells like it too ...

Last night, I cooked up some rice angel hair, Japanese eggplant, zuke,
and yellow crookneck (all from my garden), browned some beef sausage,
and made an alfredo pesto sauce to go over it. 'Twas delish.

Metalworking content : I made the tomato cages with 6" concrete re-wire ,
and MIG welded the joints .

I cleaned up in my stainless steel sink. g