DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pricing on Aluminum Extrusions (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/382048-pricing-aluminum-extrusions.html)

Larry Jaques[_4_] July 18th 15 04:59 AM

Pricing on Aluminum Extrusions

For those of you who use 8020 (ChaCHING!) for building jigs and such,
check out the prices at Orange. Better than eBay pricing!
http://tinyurl.com/ns6zpk9
or
http://www.orangealuminum.com/t-slot...ad-tracks.html

Disclaimer: I just saw their ad.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Jim Wilkins[_2_] July 18th 15 11:30 AM

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
For those of you who use 8020 (ChaCHING!) for building jigs and
such,
check out the prices at Orange. Better than eBay pricing!
http://tinyurl.com/ns6zpk9
or
http://www.orangealuminum.com/t-slot...ad-tracks.html

Disclaimer: I just saw their ad.

I've been eyeing the strut that HD sells for light structural use,
like a temporary stock rack. Has anyone used it for beams, columns,
shelf supports?

-jsw

Jim Wilkins[_2_] July 18th 15 12:01 PM

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
For those of you who use 8020 (ChaCHING!) for building jigs and
such,
check out the prices at Orange. Better than eBay pricing!
http://tinyurl.com/ns6zpk9
or
http://www.orangealuminum.com/t-slot...ad-tracks.html

Disclaimer: I just saw their ad.

I've been eyeing the strut that HD sells for light structural use,
like a temporary stock rack. Has anyone used it for beams, columns,
shelf supports?

-jsw

Here's the data sheet:
https://buy.wesco.com/static/catalog...B110_B5_B4.pdf

Larry Jaques[_4_] July 18th 15 10:31 PM

Pricing on Aluminum Extrusions

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 06:30:21 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
For those of you who use 8020 (ChaCHING!) for building jigs and
such,
check out the prices at Orange. Better than eBay pricing!
http://tinyurl.com/ns6zpk9
or
http://www.orangealuminum.com/t-slot...ad-tracks.html

Disclaimer: I just saw their ad.

I've been eyeing the strut that HD sells for light structural use,
like a temporary stock rack. Has anyone used it for beams, columns,
shelf supports?

Which, SUPERSTRUT? Methinks it's too light for your suggested uses.
It's for hanging lightweight electrical conduit runs and such. 12ga

I used Sterling HD shelf brackets for my lumber racks, good for about
#300 per bracket. Looking at them, I think they're probably 12ga,
too. http://tinyurl.com/njedkau and http://tinyurl.com/p42hbw6

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess