DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cordless drill clutch settings? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/382035-re-cordless-drill-clutch-settings.html)

jon_banquer[_2_] July 17th 15 05:08 PM

Cordless drill clutch settings?

On Friday, July 17, 2015 at 3:04:41 AM UTC-7, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , huntres23
@optonline.net says...

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:04:30 -0400, krw wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:42:23 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

In article , er
says...

I need more torque before the clutch slips.

What are you doing that needs more torque before the clutch slips?

You might want to look into an impact driver instead.

That would be my thought as well. Or, if you're drilling and
the clutch is slipping, that probably means you're using too
big of a bit, and need to move to a corded drill.

John

I dunno about _his_ but mine has a "drill" setting in which the clutch
is locked out.

My thought exactly. Just what is he trying to accomplish?

He's using it to power a bicycle, and he's made some interesting
reports about it.

If that's what he's doing then why does he need the clutch to slip?

The answer to that should be obvious. How about you think a little and figure out why the clutch needs to slip.