Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default Confederate History - Dispelling The Myths

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 9:16:06 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

Hear Hear!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

Hear Hear!!!

LOL! You claim to be a "Renzi Buddhist", but Buddhism doesn't include
belief in a creator.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

There certainly is no creator-god in the "religion" you claim to follow.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source of one's rights? One's creator, of course was Confederate History - Dispelling The Myths

Gunner Asch on Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:28:22 -0700

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

As I explained earlier, rights are an artifact of human imagination.
They exist because we can imagine them, and our existence is better for
imagining and then acknowledging them. As you note, they are not
"granted" by king or any other entity - they are inherent in all people.
They may not always be respected, but that's why we speak of rights
being violated, not having been withdrawn.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

There certainly is no creator-god in the "religion" you claim to follow.

Im Buddhist. And?

Im still waiting for an answer to the question.."why would you assume
it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

There certainly is no creator-god in the "religion" you claim to follow.

Im Buddhist.

Still waiting for your cites to support that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

--
pyotr filipivich

Absolutely correct!! Well stated!!

Our Rights (republic)....if we can keep them.
Paraphrasing Ben Franklin

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

--
pyotr filipivich

Absolutely correct!! Well stated!!

Where do the rights come from? What or who is the "creator", you fake
"Buddhist"?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Wed, 15 Jul 2015 12:04:20 -0700

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

There certainly is no creator-god in the "religion" you claim to follow.

Im Buddhist. And?

Im still waiting for an answer to the question.."why would you assume
it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Even money that the god he does not believe in is either Christian
or Jewish.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

There certainly is no creator-god in the "religion" you claim to follow.

Im Buddhist. And?

Im still waiting for an answer to the question.."why would you assume
it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Even money that the god he does not believe in is either Christian
or Jewish.

I don't believe in any god at all.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

Hear Hear!!!

LOL! You claim to be a "Renzi Buddhist", but Buddhism doesn't include
belief in a creator.

Nor does it deny one. In fact there is reference to the Buddha being
asked whether the Gods would live forever and he ignored the question
saying it was valueless.
--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Because that it the god professed by the three middle east religions.
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

I would question the "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." Endowed? What proof do we have for that
statement? Carved in Tablets of Stone?

--
pyotr filipivich

cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
[...]

I think that you are using a lot of words to say nothing. We may well
imagine that you have a right to have money and rob the 7-11 to get
some money to buy booze with, after all we have the right to abuse out
bodies if we wish... Unfortunately nearly all societies deny you that
right. You may imagine that you should be paid a day's wages for a
day's work but almost all societies deny that and grab part of your
money to help the illegal immigrants that Gunner worries about.

So what are these inherent rights?
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

Hear Hear!!!

LOL! You claim to be a "Renzi Buddhist", but Buddhism doesn't include
belief in a creator.

Nor does it deny one.

Effectively, it does.

Anyway, gummer is about as much a "Renzi Buddhist" as is the Pope. It's
complete ********.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

I would question the "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." Endowed? What proof do we have for that
statement? Carved in Tablets of Stone?

It's just another way of saying rights are inherent.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
[...]

You're wrong about that.

We may well
imagine that you have a right to have money and rob the 7-11

Those aren't rights.

We can argue about what rights we actually have, but the idea that
humans imagined the basic idea of rights is inarguable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
[...]

Right about rights. And the origins of it are very interesting. For us
and our modern ideas about rights, it got *really* interesting during
the Enlightenment, when the primary thinkers collectively codified
them and then beat all around the bush describing their origins. It
was made particularly difficult for Locke, for example, who was trying
to make a case for a scientific basis of rights and the "laws of
nature," while simultaneously trying to keep his tender ass out of
prison for blasphemy. Jefferson faced a milder version of that
problem, political rather than legal, and worked around it by
referring several times to "nature's God."

Here's a pretty good and succinct discussion about the ancient origins
of human rights, civil rights, and so on:

http://www.global-ethic-now.de/gen-e...chenrechte.php

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those
'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out
these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

As I explained it to a friend we are "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." That Creator can be God, or it can be
your sire and dame. But the rights are intrinsic to you, not a boon
granted by the King.

I would question the "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." Endowed? What proof do we have for that
statement? Carved in Tablets of Stone?

--
pyotr filipivich

cheers,

John B.

They were on the tablet that Moses dropped.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
[...]

Not so.

A great many people "know" that they have few if any "rights". A study
of Chinese society made before the war demonstrated that the peasant
class didn't believe that they were deprived of rights. They felt that
they had no rights. I suggest that the same thing applied to the
Russian peasants prior to the revolution.

In any developing country the peasants feel that they have few if any
"rights" compared to the land owners.
--
cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 06:33:59 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

.. .

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those
'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
[...]

Nope. Moses smashed the first set in anger over the Israelites not
obeying the laws, and had to carve a second set.

--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

. ..

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not
your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those
'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48hr8HhDv0

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

another said:
I would question the "endowed by our Creator with
certain unalienable right." Endowed? What proof do we have for that
statement? Carved in Tablets of Stone?

They were on the tablet that Moses dropped.

Hey, I saw that movie! g Long Live Mel Brooks!

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Because that it the god professed by the three middle east religions.

Why did you pick just the middle east? Its a very large planet indeed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/13/2015 06:55 PM, wrote:
And I say that you have intrinsic rights whether or not your
government respects them.

You have whatever rights you can defend. Where do those 'intrinsic'
rights come from?

From the Creator, as noted in the aforementioned documents.
And yes, I'm prepared to defend those rights.

If the "Creator" is the "God of Abraham", when did he hand out these
rights? Yes, I know that he handed out his laws, but the rights? I
don't seem to find a reference to any "rights".

Why would you assume it to be the "God of Abraham"?

Because that it the god professed by the three middle east religions.

Why did you pick just the middle east? Its a very large planet indeed.

Because the three middle east religions comprise the majority of the
people that assume that "God" gave them "rights".

The Asians, who likely comprise the majority of the earth's
population, certainly do not have any god given rights.
--
cheers,

John B.

Confederate History - Dispelling The Myths [email protected] Metalworking 4 July 16th 15 01:20 PM
Confederate History - Dispelling The Myths Rex Metalworking 3 July 14th 15 07:19 PM
ROHS Myths Bob Urz Electronics Repair 5 January 14th 08 09:21 AM
Myths of Hurricane Katrina Pookie Home Repair 105 September 13th 05 12:32 AM
Myths of Hurricane Katrina: Caesar Romano Home Repair 3 September 8th 05 01:48 PM