Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speeds and feeds

There's a couple of YouTube videos by TheLazyMachinist that explain
speeds, cuts, and feeds very well. More useful for us with little
experience, but very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4gD...ature=youtu.be
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/08/2015 05:32 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
There's a couple of YouTube videos by TheLazyMachinist that explain
speeds, cuts, and feeds very well. More useful for us with little
experience, but very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4gD...ature=youtu.be

I didn't watch all of the video, but it made me think. How safe would
it be to make some little plaques to doing it wrong? Some little scraps
of 1/2" lead, 3/8" brass and aluminum, and 1/4" mild steel that have
been machined wrong. Like 3D sculptures that went through an end mill
too fast, with dull blades. I'd put one on my desk and probably focus
on the bent, torn metal.

What machine would be good for this, or would you have to fake it with a
single tooth hydraulic punch?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/8/2015 8:32 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
There's a couple of YouTube videos by TheLazyMachinist that explain
speeds, cuts, and feeds very well. More useful for us with little
experience, but very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4gD...ature=youtu.be

I've been watching some of the videos and I'm learning stuff, so I
thought that this thread could use a bump.

Way back I rented some machining videos from smartflix(?) and was very
disappointed. They didn't explain very well and were highly repetitious
(to fill the time, I suppose). Anyhow, Marc's are much better and are
free. His home page:
http://www.thatlazymachinist.com/home-accueil.html

Bob